Can someone please explain to me the fascination around HEADPORTER??

Dolo

they make bags.... corny nylon bags and wallets.

why the hell to people make a speacial point of visiting their shop?? Why not head over to Manhattan Portage while you're at it?

when you walk down the street with a HeadPorter do people do double takes and yell "Damn son... that a head porter bag!???"

seriously though?? It isn't like it's some high quality bag built to last you your whole life.

Because they're nice bags (I don't know what's available in America, but here in Japan they have hundreds of different styles, materials, etc.), very comfortable to wear. A bit expensive, but made of high quality. I love mine (and I have a Porter agenda also). Best bag I've had. Yoshida Kaban, who make the bags, are a very old Japanese company, so there's a tradition that goes with it also.

Jean Snow

http://jeansnow.net

look all i'm saying is that they're basically messenger bags mostly... not high end women's purses, with artists designs. And they also don't look that different than most other messenger/messenger type bags that other brands make.. so i can't understand why they have such hype or why people will pay ridiculous amounts for them. The last thing i think of when i think of status symbol big ticket purchases is a messenger bag

BUT, all i'm saying is that you're a retard!! Are you that dense?? If i was so concerened about getting a dick nod wouldnt i gladly wear headporter and defend spending $300 on it?? can you not even understand a simple analogy or sarcasm??

here let me try and help you understand moron...

My whole point was HEADPORTER BAGS:

a) are as plain looking as a $40 manhattan portage bags

B) aren't made of leather or some other high quality material to warrent them being that expensive comapred to other bags

AND C) DON'T cause a "dick nod" as you put it... because no one cares two shits about what sort of bag you you have.

So there I can't see any arguable excuse by anyone for dropping that kind of money on headporter

No one was condoning buying shit just for the sake of flossin with it you idiot! I was merely pointing it out AS A REASON SOME PEOPLE will use to drop obscene amounts of money for shit that isn't worth it.

don't get pissy at me becaused i've tarnished the stigma you once had because of that lovely $340 headporter sitting in your closet.. that you obviously only bought because it was totally worth that kind of money on a nylon bag and because it is obviously made out magic and fairy dust.

dolo,

you gonna cry?

if you're that busted ass and piss-poor, shut the hell up and leave th discussion alone.

the bags seem nice enough to me. manhattan portage is pretty good if you wanna look like an old-school paper boy, but maybe that's just what you are. . . . a paper boy.

in all seriousness.. do any of you know how to laugh at yourselves??? Do you always take yourselves so seriously???

You want to spend $340 dollars on a bag and really like them so much.. just jump in the thread and say

"I like the bags.. are they worth that much money? No.. but i like them and can afford it, so what the hell, why not?" I can understand that, while still not liking headporters.. we're all on superfuture for a reason

Don't act like I just cursed out your mother and pissed on your sister's grave!! they're fucking bag's i'm critiquing, not something dear to you!! Do the sticks up your asses say "Headporter®" on them also??

I've spent $300+ on sneakers (just as silly as it is on a bag).. was it a smart thing to do? was it worth it? No.. but i did it anyway because I wanted to, but there was no real rational or practical reason to pay that much for kicks, but i did it anyway and in all likelyhood probably do it again soon. But at least i have a sense of humor about how absurd doing this shit is and can laugh at myself for doing it while also enjoy wearing my kicks.

In reality most of you, and not all of you.. can't see how absurd you and all of this really is. And it's not that i don't love it this shit, because I do! But at least I can see how silly a lot of this is, has become or is becoming and can still enjoy it anyway. But 75% of you are so serious about this shit that it's sad.. grow up... It's clothes, sneakers, bags, whatever. Spend whatever you want on them.. But don't fabricate reasons to yourself and everyone else why it was worth it. Don't act like you're doing society a favor by finding, waiting 72 hours on line for and preserving one of 25 known in existance ltd edition of some bag/shirt/kick... just say, "it's a smething i'm into it, It's a little silly but makes me happy, i had the time and funds to splurge so i did.. go figure".

Edited by Dolo on Aug 22, 2004 at 07:42 PM

we spend the money on these things because we have a passion for them, not because its worth it or we 'need' it. I have paid crazy prices for some of the things i own, and i know that it was stupid to spend that much.

mike hock, who the fuck are you?

don't come on here dissing other posters when the only 2 posts you have are attempted insults that make you sound stupid.

if your not going to contribute to this community just stfu.

Edited by raijin on Aug 23, 2004 at 01:21 AM

raijin or should i say "raisin"? dolo's papermonkey, stick to hatin' on supreme and plugging the shit outta armth and whatever else punk ass bitchwear you're sportin' chump. just cuz you're poor and light in the pockets don't mean you gotta hate on the good stuff. you're just a bitter biter with nuthing to do but bitch. no one listens to anything anyone who's chinese has to say anyways. you're all known for bitin' , rippin' off and just plain stealin. i'm surprised you personally haven't ripped off the kate moss supreme shirt. that's you're style, beeyotch, ain't it? just like the name you've given yourself...shouldn't it be long duc or foo yung? sheeaight b, geta grip and bust out some greenbacks for a decent name, lay off the old navy and throw a couple of fried rice in the bag for me, b.ride dolo's jock some more and get back to me. y'holler now, b.

peace , chump.

roll a dolo to your friend.

you, mike hock are an ass. and for the record it is just a step up from the $20 bag I bought from BR 3 years ago and still use on the regular. this site is about hats, shoes, ect.... how do you go from that to racist? please don't reply, just get back to the mindless dribble that brought us all here in the first place.

yeah it is. it's the sling bag 1999-2000. i bought the silver and black. bad choice. the silver collects all kinds of shit and it doesn't clean easily. the bag didn't do well, and it's no surprise it is a poor design. all your shit collects at the bottom. but i'll bet i've gotten more dick nods with my cheap bridge and tunnel sling bag than anyone has with a headporter.

yeah mine is all black... and the zipper broke on teh top a few months ago. But the thing was eriiously my throw anywehere beat the shit out of bag. I hate carrying bags becaus ei just hate anything hanging off of me.. but sometimes you need one. It was nice because it had all those pockets and was slim.

maybe i'll go and sew a headporter tag on the front of it and rejuvinate it and watch the dick nods fly!