Visvim F/W 08.09

rirawin

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oi crew!

some weeks ago i looked a long time in the www for some detail pics and good infos about the Visvim FBT Shaman.

i found nearly nothing!! what a pity!!

3 days ago i bought a pair.

so i'm sharing here my experience with those who also looking for infos.

maybe it helps.

1kistehb9.jpg

2seitenansichtvb1.jpg

3frontseiteaz7.jpg

4zungejp5.jpg

5innencn4.jpg

6vonobenbd4.jpg

7vonganzobenmq7.jpg

8hintendx5.jpg

9shapemalvierre9.jpg

this says a lot about the shape:

be very carefull with the sizing!!!!!!!!!

i usually have a 9 or 9,5 in visvims.

in this one i have a 11!!!!

strange!!

the elk leather is so great and so smooth!!

and the color is the best that i ever saw on suede shoes!

no joke.

POW!

x666x

The catalogue has been announced for a release in October, but a delay to November could be possible. Also waiting for it since months... :(

Does anyone know the name of these pants?

I believe they are called the 'high-water slacks.' They appear to be wool, from what I saw elsewhere, and have side tabs at the waistband

I believe they are called the 'high-water slacks.' They appear to be wool, from what I saw elsewhere, and have side tabs at the waistband

100% wool.

^^^I don't think they are FIL exclusive. The only places in the US that carry the Japanese line of Visvim is Union though, in LA and NY.

not a FIL exclusive. i have them in purple arriving next week @ supply (sydney) (who only do the japanese line).

Anyone know how the Hockney Folks fit?

true to size. i'm US12 in bascially everthing. US12 in all folk, though my white lhamo's are at least a size smaller than my black ones. weirdo. maybe same deal with that dude's brown ones in the previous posts.

those looking for US12 / US11 FBT's etc i just sold a few pairs ....... you snooze you loose ..... i have some black FBT's DS with the yellow (or blue maybe i forget) beads in US11 ..... also have logan lo white canvas in US11 up for sale. PM with an offer if you want them. i'll get some pics sorted.

some weeks ago i looked a long time in the www for some detail pics and good infos about the Visvim FBT Shaman.

~~~

be very carefull with the sizing!!!!!!!!!

i usually have a 9 or 9,5 in visvims.

in this one i have a 11!!!!

strange!!

true true, fbt folk run small. good things you upsize already

Thanks for your help! I think there have been released 3 different high water pants this season:

- High Water Chino

- High Water Slacks (Wool)

- High Water Pants

Does anyone know how the "High Water Pants" look like, cuz I want to make sure that I'm buying the pants on the picture above....

About the FBT Folk sizing: It seems that there are different opinions, whether they fit true to size or you should size up. As JDS already said, I also think that they fit true to size. However the FBTxMastermind Shaman Folk FBT that I own in my usual size 10 is extremely tight around the ankles, so that I can only zip it up halfway. But if I sized up, it will be too big for my feet. Since that problem doesn't concern the other Folk FBTs, I also recommend to stay true to size.

^^^Thanks for the G. Res. can't wait to get them. And the Black FBT's always have blue beads, the brown have the yellow ones.

Nice one mate. Cheers. So yeah blue beads ;)

have the visvim prices increased at supply? watwith the crap aus dollar. if not its like a 25% discount.

sure have. picked up some new stuff yesterday and it's back to the old days unfortunately. not their fault obviously. fucking bankers eh?

POLLARD/NOMAD BREAKDOWN

Pollard solo - The fabric makes the pollard seem 1.5 sizes smaller than it actually is. I guess it's to maximise thermal insulation.

2966733341_fd915f2861.jpg

Pollard n' tiger combo bonus - even a button on the collar and at the sleeve cuffs.

2966732009_4cff7368d2.jpg

Yeah. You can see that the nomad sits off the body with it attached.

2967578538_b1f83090a8.jpg

My only real gripe is this part. They really needed another button toward the collar to 'seal' the thing. The way the pollard hugs the body while the nomad wants to fold out/lift off leaves this awkward connection. Maybe with another coloured pollard/nomad it wouldn't be as garish but yeah...

2967578122_67734e7abf.jpg

Dunno if it been mentioned, but my girlfriend clued me into a short write up about Hiroki in Nylon magazine. Could read through it in min. Nothing too interesting just thought it was cool to see visvim in a mag printed in english for once.:)

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Huge follower of Murakami, would only look decent on a chick though.

i kinda like murakami too. i even like kaws, just not on a piece of clothing, much less on a pair of visvim kiefers. visvim has shifted their target consumers so much. this really is another bape in the making which is really sad

Um, doubt Hiroki would be going in that direction. Visvim seem back on track with their "classics" this F/W and things are looking good for S/S 09. Don't judge the entire label on the lame collaborations and their G-line.

Also don't those kiefers have some sort of Hiroshi Fujiwara input with the fragment logo? so are we all saying Headporter+ and the rest of Fujiwaras gear going down the Bape route?

i see what you are saying and maybe you are right, to be honest haven't been very familiar with the full visvim catalogues for the current and next season mainly because you haven't bothered scanning them :D.

I didn't notice the kiefers had the fragment logo on it. i think it's a pity that visvim allows this kind of stuff to happen though. i am sure it is still profitable because fujiwara can probably sell anything with his name attached ... but i highly doubt it is a good marketing strategy(g-line included) because it appeals to very different customers, particularly a group whose aesthetics old visvim fans aren't very keen on. these kind of products are great for exposure, but i don't think it's a good one.

Visvim should be more strict about what people do with their products in their collaborations, this kind of stuff just doesn't make sense with the Visvim brand, don't you agree with me to this extent? some gline stuff was bad, but this murakami bullshit is awful

i see what you are saying and maybe you are right, to be honest haven't been very familiar with the full visvim catalogues for the current and next season mainly because you haven't bothered scanning them :D.

I didn't notice the kiefers had the fragment logo on it. i think it's a pity that visvim allows this kind of stuff to happen though. i am sure it is still profitable because fujiwara can probably sell anything with his name attached ... but i highly doubt it is a good marketing strategy(g-line included) because it appeals to very different customers, particularly a group whose aesthetics old visvim fans aren't very keen on. these kind of products are great for exposure, but i don't think it's a good one.

Visvim should be more strict about what people do with their products in their collaborations, this kind of stuff just doesn't make sense with the Visvim brand, don't you agree with me to this extent? some gline stuff was bad, but this murakami bullshit is awful

so it's good enough for louis vuitton and not good enough for visvim ?

i think it's a fine idea.

it shows versatility and relevance.

it's not like they still don't make the good stuff you like ... and i don't see there is a reason they shouldn't make something else someone else would like too.

and im almost positive that hiroshi was a fan before you.

it makes sense to the brand. it just doesn't make sense to the brand for you.

so it's good enough for louis vuitton and not good enough for visvim ?

i think it's a fine idea.

it shows versatility and relevance.

it's not like they still don't make the good stuff you like ... and i don't see there is a reason they shouldn't make something else someone else would like too.

and im almost positive that hiroshi was a fan before you.

it makes sense to the brand. it just doesn't make sense to the brand for you.

what the hell does louis vuitton have to do with visvim? they are 2 completely different businesses and i ain't even talking about the products they sell.completely different marketing strategies, target groups, revenue etc etc.

It makes a lot of sense to LV because their old costumers still buy the limited stuff they come out with, the ghetto fabulous rappers are the tip of the iceberg on their sales. the same does not apply to visvim since i am sure that in comparison the gline and this kind of stuff generates a much higher percentage of their total business revenue than a pair of sunglasses pharrell designed to the total LV sales.

it makes sense to create a product that brings more clients to the table, but to make one that alienates your previous costumers on top of that doesn't. do you see eric clapton, fujiwara or hiroki himself wearing something like this?

no, it doesn't make sense to the brand either. look at a visvim catalogue and tell me in which look does a pair of kiefers with an all-over flower print fits in

what the hell does louis vuitton have to do with visvim? they are 2 completely different businesses and i ain't even talking about the products they sell.completely different marketing strategies, target groups, revenue etc etc.

It makes a lot of sense to LV because their old costumers still buy the limited stuff they come out with, the ghetto fabulous rappers are the tip of the iceberg on their sales. the same does not apply to visvim since i am sure that in comparison the gline and this kind of stuff generates a much higher percentage of their total business revenue than a pair of sunglasses pharrell designed to the total LV sales.

it makes sense to create a product that brings more clients to the table, but to make one that alienates your previous costumers on top of that doesn't. do you see eric clapton, fujiwara or hiroki himself wearing something like this?

no, it doesn't make sense to the brand either. look at a visvim catalogue and tell me in which look does a pair of kiefers with an all-over flower print fits in

Louis Vuitton used Murakami for many of the recent colorful designs that have sold incredibly well for the brand. its not like this is an entire season of Murakami's design, complete with flower print nomads and e-cats. its a few products, some of which are actually subtle, with Murakami's beloved flower print. don't worry, i'm sure there will still be black suede FBTs in Visvim's near future.