Best E-commerce host/designers? Best tag makers? Best silk screeners?

Bori Mischief

SongAngel, so i guess youve seen it all have you? What an complete arse...

But I have to agree with you, I think people should just give up, no point doing stuff for your own sake...I mean, what do we need another tshirt brand for, hell, why do we need new bands playing the same old music thats already been done, people painting stuff thats gonna be famous after they die (whats the deal with that? start pimpn´ or something for easy cash) and so on.

*Read the ending of my first line again and stick it right here*

...If it wasnt for bad luck I wouldn´t have any luck at all..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Songangel i think your just bitter that your gooch wont stop itching and that you came up with the nickname songangel...songangel...

--- Original message by Bori Mischief on Oct 24, 2005 11:02 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so youre not jsut a filmist, a designer, or a company owner....

but a COMEDIAN too!

They just need to be tacked on both ends. If I only have a few that need to be done I do them myself. You should have seen that fiasco the first time I tried to sew. When I have a big group of shirts that need to be tagged I have a couple local gals that do it for me. If I ever get to the point of doing real volume I will probably have the tags put in by the shirt manufacturer. Most of them will do it for you but there are fairly significant minimums.

I've never heard of a screen printer that will put tags in for you. There may be some out there....I just don't know of any, especially for small runs. I'm sure some of the bigger printers would handle the logistics of getting it done if you are printing a high enough volume. I believe clothinglabels4u only sell the label......they don't do any printing or tagging.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. [email protected]

Hmm...seems like it might be worth working out the cost-benefit of perhaps having your label name/logo printed on the inside (or outside) of the shirt itself instead of buying actual tags/labels made and attached...

granted, it depends on the look/image you're going for, of course, but just a thought.....

Quote:

Youd have to either do it yourself or get some sewers to do it. The only way you can have labels attached for you is when you order from a apparel company and meet their minimum order for having your labels put in instead of theirs. Usually that minimum is pretty high.

--- Original message by Bori Mischief on Oct 25, 2005 01:11 PM

I think the whole "Doing some legwork" debate rings most true with this comment. What you and Jay both just stated isn't true at all. Do the legwork and you'll find printers who do label swaps. In fact how about this as a rule: Don't use a printer unless he can do a label swap.

Edited by My Pal the Crook on Oct 25, 2005 at 02:35 PM

If I'm wrong....I stand corrected. I know alot of screen printers in the northeast and none of them do label swaps for small runs. I may be making the wrong assumption that we are talking about small runs. I just assumed, that with his project just getting off the ground, he wouldn't be doing significant numbers at the start.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. [email protected]

You hit the number right on the head. It took me about 50 or so to get decent at it. Your time is right on as well. If things are going well I can do about 3 per minute. If these numbers are accurate in Maine AND New Zeland......it becomes almost an international standard. icon_smile_big.gif

Hell no......never had sewn anything in my life until I tried doing the tags. I think I can safely say that tacking tags into the neck of a shirt isn't "sewing". It really is a simple process. Learning how to set the machine up, and refill the bobbin, is much more difficult than the actual tacking of tags.

I have huge respect for guys/gals that are skilled on a sewing machine. I've watched a few highly skilled people work. It can be a true art.

Quote:

haha, everyone and their cousin has a clothing company right now..

the market is WAY over saturated, you aren't going to do anything creative beacuse you're asking for advice on SUPERFUTURE, and you aren't willing to invest the time to search yourself.

best of luck with that.. can't wait to see you peddle your shirts on ebay because noone is buying and you don't know the first thing about starting a clothing company.

just for reference, I started with 6 pieces total, and a smile on my face.

--- Original message by SongAngel on Oct 24, 2005 08:12 AM

i think its fucking hilarious when people like this bitch about ANYONE who starts a new clothing line.....

two things to think about:

1. if no new companies start up, then your fucking stuck with the same ones forever....fresh blood (some) brings fresh ideas to the table

2. darwin's theory....the strong survive, the weak shit gets weeded out....i say if you have an idea, go for it....

www.hecklewood.com

My Pal the Crook...

When you find someone that will do swaps on really small orders you point them my way because no company unless you have a special relationship with them would do many favors for small orders. Its funny when people talk shit about other people without knowing what the other person has been doing. Dont you wankers have something better to do then talk shit on message boards.

relabeling is not that difficult...

Find a company to print the labels, do a google search or use whoeever.

Then either cut the original label out yourself or leave it, and have your local tailor sew the labels in the t-shirts.

I have even seen Trovata t-shirts that you can see a label was cut out. You can sew it in yourself, but I would be suprsied if you couldn't find a lcoal tailor or laundrymat to do it for like 25 cents a shirt.

A lot of companies like Alternative apparel will provide you shirts without labels if you can reach their minimums.

Quote:

My Pal the Crook...

When you find someone that will do swaps on really small orders you point them my way because no company unless you have a special relationship with them would do many favors for small orders. Its funny when people talk shit about other people without knowing what the other person has been doing. Dont you wankers have something better to do then talk shit on message boards.

--- Original message by Bori Mischief on Oct 25, 2005 07:26 PM

Boris,

Is a 36 t-shirt run of a particulair design too large of an order for your awesome company? Gosh I hope not because then you'd feel stupid about trying to come at me like you know. Don't pull cards with me because i'll slam the whole deck on your hot hot heat hands, ok?

But thanks for telling me how this whole label swap thing works on shirts, on small orders, printers and the industry because I obviously don't know what's what. While you on the other hand have been obviously making big moves and getting the whole street wear thing on LOCK for a minute now! Well everything except the whole label swap aspect of it, obviously.

Once again do some leg work. And by leg work I don't mean posting on superfuture. You don't need special favors, blow jobs or long standing relationships, all you need is to know what you're doing and the industry somewhat. No one is going to point ANYTHING your way, because who the hell are you? Why would ANYONE just give up knowledge they spent time and effort learning to some putz who decides he's gonna start a label and post about it on the internet for help. Shit I even tried to help out by telling you that what you want is out there. You just need to invest some time and look for it. And this is how you come at me? Maybe that's why you aren't finding anyone to label swap for cheap and without ridiculous minimum numbers? Because they smell they can sucker you! Because you haven't done any homework, and because you come at them like you know everything when you clearly don't. DO SOME LEGWORK!! And when you realize how cheap, and simple of a process label swapping is, then maybe you'll find a real printer to do it for you.

Edited by My Pal the Crook on Oct 25, 2005 at 08:19 PM

Quote:

You hit the number right on the head. It took me about 50 or so to get decent at it. Your time is right on as well. If things are going well I can do about 3 per minute. If these numbers are accurate in Maine AND New Zeland......it becomes almost an international standard. icon_smile_big.gif

--- Original message by Jay Allen on Oct 25, 2005 03:21 PM

Awesome dude, the international standard time for label sewing, haha

Who's up for a label off?

ahahah i love this thread.

for real tho dude. if you want to make friends and get help then drop the "everyone with even a slight bit more knowledge than me doesnt know anything" attitude. i dont know why youre trying to be so competitive or whatever, coming off as a hard ass telling everyone they dont know anything.

if you really knew what you were doing/ knew more than everyone else, really knew about the industry, really knew about the steps you need to take, really had everything down, etc. you wouldve never made this thread

Edited by adsurgo on Oct 25, 2005 at 11:15 PM

You silly pants I was just interested to see what others are using for sources. I've been taught through out life that it is better to help people out instead of act like a wanker to a person with some simple questions. I have helped many with things that I was more knowledgable of then them and lots have done the same for me. I would happily take everyones advice if it wasn't put out in an asshole manner.

Those who have put in some positive input in this thread are awesome and are probably doing a lot better in the "industry" then those of you who have been complete arses.

I am doing fine in every aspect of my company and I hope that you all are also. icon_smile.gif