Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Ok in response to what I posted earlier about fit.

I seriously wish there was like a 29.5. These are fully FULLY stretched out. I know that sizing up one on dior homo is a lot bigger difference in size than with other brands. Also, a 31 was massive, way to big on me. These are 29. I have the blacks and I want to say they fit slightly better. These are sagged pretty low much lower and it would be below the hips and falling off.

Thoughts?

I think the fit looks great.

Hm yeah. The thing is the more you size down, the more they stretch, so it might work. They're gonna stretch to your size and not much more than that, it's not like they have some final size that they automatically reach. But idk you tried them on so you're the best judge

This should be a sticky. I hate it when people are worried that a jean is going to stretch way beyond their waist-line.

ha, that's exactly the problem I want them to stretch more! I spot stretched the waist last night, maybe a little more stretching and it would be ok. But after trying on the 30 I am afraid it would be too big after stretch. One of the things about dior I've noticed that is different from diesel is that bigger sizes are much much more different in leg circumfrence, thigh, etc between one size and another than most other brands I've tried.

I meant that the bigger size would stretch less than the smaller size, ie the 30 might stretch out only how big you want it to go. It's your body causing it to stretch, so it won't go much bigger than your body makes it go

Also I'm not positive since I'm really tiny but I heard somewhere that the difference between 29 and 30 is huge for some reason compared to the difference between 28 and 29, for example. This could be totally wrong though.

I hate it when people are worried that a jean is going to stretch way beyond their waist-line.

Mine did. I wear mine on the hip, and sometimes when I over sag the jeans ride down. And my butt made the jeans stretch a bit more.

I've had my black raws for ~7/8 months now, and it's developing a green-ish tint more or less. Is that commonplace (with black and indigo raws), and will a soak take care of that? It's just a subtle thing but it peaks my curiosity.

There was also a photo awhile back of the subtle tonal differences of the indigo dye between the '06 and on. I'm just rambling. Sorry.

this is normal and one of the cooler aspects of the denim

Just got a pair of 21cm, not sure if I like the fit. I really like the top block and thigh, but I'm wondering if I should get it tapered from the knee down. I think I'd prefer if the opening was an inch less and the calf was slimmer.

btw, sized down 3 on this. Usually a 32, got a 29 MIJ 21cm. I'm on the fence about getting them tapered. thoughts on the fit?

Fit pics:

diorfit1kf8.jpg

diorfit2pk8.jpg

Jeans fit looks fine, a little less slim than I'm used to seeing here but I like.

That cardigan looks terrible on you though sorry, does not look like it's worth Dior $

"terrible" Ouch thats a little harsh, i don't think its anything special.. but i don't believe its terrible or even close to that.

which is probably too much still?

I got em from a guy who was leaving the country going back to japan.. I paid him 140 Canadian which is pretty cheap for that cardigan. I only wear it as a casual jacket when its a little chili like in class or at home.. it was not purchased to be a stunning piece..

i am really shocked to see this much negativity towards it.. maybe it is that ugly , geez now i'm second guesssing myself big time:confused:

I mean it could be worse

But Dior =/= automatically good

And this is coming from someone who isn't ready to accept that Hedi's party is over.

Also you should leave the bottom button undone on it at least.

So do i sell it or keep it? What do you guys think? they feel amazing of course and i don't hate them, but, i didn't know they look that bad.. any opinions are appreciated

I don't think that the piece is ugly on it's own. I think it's not exceptional and certainly not worth its price tag. I also think it doesn't fit you in the way it was intended to, nor does it fit in a particularly flattering alternate way. That said, I don't think I would bother selling it, if you like wearing it it's fine I guess. Just unbutton the bottom or the whole thing maybe.

also, johnnyred, those 21cm jeans just don't fit right imo. don't taper. sell or return is your best bet.

Damn really? why is the fit that bad? I'm actually starting to like it as is, without taper. Here's a full pic:

2609to2.jpg

You really think I should sell these?

Again fit on the jeans looks good.

Pockets on the polo look like tits. Seriously I feel like you've picked the worst possible Hedi pieces to wear on top.

Thats it i think i've officially become suicidal :( ... i cannot believe my tops are as bad as you guys think.. i must have horrible taste. geez.. now i'm embarassed to wear them