Dior Homme Denim

midnight

I want a pair of Indigo Diors. Do you think I should go for size 27s in 19cm (size down one from my black ones) or go for a size 27 in 21cms. I don't wanna be one of those guys that thinks they can pull of 19s but should be wearing 21s

It's kinda hard to tell but the best help I can give you is that the fit on the indigo and black is the exact same thing, so use what you have as a guide. I personally am getting more into the look of 21s even on thinner guys so I wouldn't imagine 21's would look bad at all. My personal opinion is that if your going size 30 or up then you're one of those guys who can't pull of 19s. Generally.

It's kinda hard to tell but the best help I can give you is that the fit on the indigo and black is the exact same thing, so use what you have as a guide. I personally am getting more into the look of 21s even on thinner guys so I wouldn't imagine 21's would look bad at all. My personal opinion is that if your going size 30 or up then you're one of those guys who can't pull of 19s. Generally.

This is awfullly not true. First, I'm 6'3" 175 lbs and am athletically built. The jeans I just posted a pg or two back (quoted below with a fit pic for reference) are 33" 19cms and they fit me better than most people I see wearing 28-29 diors. It all has to do with the relationship between your waist (or how wide your hips are if you're wearing them on your hips like most people) in relation to your thighs. I don't have overly built football player thighs and thus 19cm's fit me well.

People are misunderstanding in this thread what 19cm and 21cm is referencing. Its the size of the leg opening guys - meaning if you have big thighs down through your knees or if you want the jeans to be looser in this area to go over boots and such you get 21cm's - otherwise 19cm's i think are far nicer because you don't get sloppy stacking.

I have 21cm black raws i wear loosely that aren't getting anywhere near the fadez my tighter indigos are and the honeycombs are wide as fuck.

plz ignore the dirty mirror

dec101.jpg

dec103.jpg

dec104.jpg

dec105.jpg

This is awfullly not true. First, I'm 6'3" 175 lbs and am athletically built. The jeans I just posted a pg or two back (quoted below with a fit pic for reference) are 33" 19cms and they fit me better than most people I see wearing 28-29 diors. It all has to do with the relationship between your waist (or how wide your hips are if you're wearing them on your hips like most people) in relation to your thighs. I don't have overly built football player thighs and thus 19cm's fit me well.

People are misunderstanding in this thread what 19cm and 21cm is referencing. Its the size of the leg opening guys - meaning if you have big thighs down through your knees or if you want the jeans to be looser in this area to go over boots and such you get 21cm's - otherwise 19cm's i think are far nicer because you don't get sloppy stacking.

I have 21cm black raws i wear loosely that aren't getting anywhere near the fadez my tighter indigos are and the honeycombs are wide as fuck.

Eh, i have to both agree and disagree with this. Diors may have TINY differences between the 19cm and 21cm model above the knee, but below the knee is really where the taper is. I don't think people who have larger thighs should automatically judge out 19cm's. While many people with larger thighs probably would look better with a pair of 21cm's just because the look would be more proportional, you never how theyll look until you try them on. I think its difficult to say which cut will look better on people without trying them on. If certain people have wider hips and larger thighs its possible that they balance and the waist size in whcih the jeans are purchases have thighs that are cut large enough for the person to wear. Also depending on how high / low the jeans are worn the location of where the jeans precut thigh are will be different. If somebody has larger thighs but sags the jeans a lot, it will give the appearance that they have slimmer thighs than if they pulled the jeans up higher and has the denim almost painted on in that region. Just a thought.

what i dont understand is how some dudes in here have 19s that look like the fit tighter than 17.5s...take kodiak for example..not to single him out, but i dont understand how his fit is even possible with 19s...mine are sized down 2 and nowhere near that tight...his blacks fit basically the same as the guy above me wearing the 17.5

The way 19's look is totally dependent on your body. Kodiak's legs are thin as fuck and so is his waist, which let him size down a lot and made them really skinny looking. Your legs are more "normal" and you probably have some type of ass so they're going to fit differently even if you sized down the same amount. 19s look like 17.5s on me too, which is why I'm starting to prefer either 21s or 17.5s

And the guy with the mists, they still look good, is that the same pair as before? I really love the material on mine, what is it you don't like?

The way 19's look is totally dependent on your body. Kodiak's legs are thin as fuck and so is his waist, which let him size down a lot and made them really skinny looking. Your legs are more "normal" and you probably have some type of ass so they're going to fit differently even if you sized down the same amount. 19s look like 17.5s on me too, which is why I'm starting to prefer either 21s or 17.5s

And the guy with the mists, they still look good, is that the same pair as before? I really love the material on mine, what is it you don't like?

true...considering how much mine stretched i probably could have even done a 29...the waist on my 30s stretched past my true waist...im satisfied with the fit though, so i dont really care, especially since im probably gonna get a pair of ande whall rakers soon which are basically a 17.5 super slim type cut anyway

for those who got theirs hemmed i was wondering what was like average of " that you guys cut off. the stacking is a bit too intense for me. ive had mine for like 4 or 5 months but after going through this thread im starting to want to put more effort into these

I got my 19cm taken down to a 33" inseam but I'm only 5'6". I think it stacks nicely.

I have recently purchased some made in japan raws, have been wearing them for 2 days. They are really tight in the waist but i can do the clasp up. The problem i have is the clasp is not in line with the rest of the buttons and looks like its bulging out. I think its due to the material around the clasp stretching. Does anyone else have this problem and does it settle down? I am thinking of maybe sizing up one size

Yeah, I've had that problem too. The best way to fix it is to wear it with the clasp undone (and a belt to cover that if you want) until the waist stretches enough to accommodate. Otherwise the area where the clasp attaches will be permanently stretched.

cosign...i did the same thing

I wore them without a belt and the clasp just barely beign able to come together and thus now have an ugly fade right through the middle of the flap over the button fly because it was forced to stay open a little bit and it now looks awful. I wish I had just left the clasp undone because now they've sretched over ym true waist and that initial fade looks reatrded and ugly.

thats what ill do then, thanks.

I need a little help with sizing. For the silver selvedge do i just go with my mij size?

For waxed mij jeans do i go with my raw jap size or 1 up?

For waxed MIJ jeans, i would say size up by 1 or 2 (max) from your raws. The reason is because waxed jeans do not stretch or do not stretch much at all. i'm wearing a 28 raw MIJ and also wear a 30 for blue waxed, it turns out that the size 30 waxed is as tight as the 28 raws.

as for silver selvedge, i can't comment on that. as i do not own any.

hope these info helps.

how'd you size in them? anyone have a measurement chart?

I'd never buy them @ retail, if they popped up on supermarket in black OD or black raw I'd definitely grab a pair, but I don't have $300 for jeans at the moment. Or if I found them for sale somewhere. Can't justify any purchases at the moment.