Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Can you go into more detail?

I actually have a pair of Silver Selvedge as my daily pair, but I've never owned MIJ raws so I don't have a benchmark as to how quickly or not quickly they are fading, and how well they hold their shape.

I was under the impression that S.S. faded slower (which looks to be correct) but that they were flimsier than normal MIJ raws (which may be incorrect)

Like you, I don't have a pair of MIJ raws for reference, as I only own a pair of Silver Selvedges. However, I can say that the denim on them is super thin & soft when compared to the MIJ raws I've seen in stores, and especially so when compared to my APC hipsters. The crotch blew out after about 15+ months of steady wear, and I also developed rips along the creases on the back of my thighs. By comparison, the crotch on my APCs also blew out (around 18+ months or so), but the denim on the thighs and everywhere else is nowhere near the level of thinness on my Diors.

To be clear, I like the Diors a lot - they're super comfortable, and I dig the fit, and they've faded nicely. I don't think the denim is necessarily poor quality, but it is quite thin, and not nearly as hardy as other jeans I've worn.

visited the dior store here in singapore, and i've got to say the staff that dealt with me are highly uneducated. first he said 17.5cm raws will be coming to stores from the spring summer collection and that they're the first batch of true raws without spandex, coming in indigo and black. then he says no 17.5cm ain't coming just the 19cms and hes never heard of 17.5cm raws.

christ. i so need a proxy if i'm ever going to get my 17.5cm raws

visited the dior store here in singapore, and i've got to say the staff that dealt with me are highly uneducated. first he said 17.5cm raws will be coming to stores from the spring summer collection and that they're the first batch of true raws without spandex, coming in indigo and black. then he says no 17.5cm ain't coming just the 19cms and hes never heard of 17.5cm raws.

christ. i so need a proxy if i'm ever going to get my 17.5cm raws

yeah, it gets a bit ridiculous when you know more about the products than the sales people in high end retail stores. very similar thing happened with me in a burberry store. a sales person tells you one thing, and the next person tells you something totally different. how embarassing for them.

'first batch of true raws without spandex'...what is that supposed to mean? last time i checked my raws don't have any spandex in them lol.

yeah, it gets a bit ridiculous when you know more about the products than the sales people in high end retail stores. very similar thing happened with me in a burberry store. a sales person tells you one thing, and the next person tells you something totally different. how embarassing for them.

'first batch of true raws without spandex'...what is that supposed to mean? last time i checked my raws don't have any spandex in them lol.

In my local shop they can give you the price and calculate tax-free that is it. Looks like they don't care about fashion news and the only preoccupation is where to eat at lunch LOL

The sales guys in Milano are very pro and still remember Slimane .

greetings to all,

i am a newbie to raw denim and dior homme jeans.i own a piece of Levis Fenom Green sundreys Cropped 360. I personally has a waist length of 91cm around 35 inch.... i saw a lot closed thread saying tat true size = tag + 2.... izzit mean dior homme jeans size 30 = true size 32??? and i saw that it will expand by 2 inches??? which means if i am a size 36 i shld get Dior homme raw denim sz 32????

does this apply to both MIJ and MII DH raw denim???

i hope that i didn't make you guys blur : )

forgive for my bad english : )

and please help me out : )

greetings to all,

i am a newbie to raw denim and dior homme jeans.i own a piece of Levis Fenom Green sundreys Cropped 360. I personally has a waist length of 91cm around 35 inch.... i saw a lot closed thread saying tat true size = tag + 2.... izzit mean dior homme jeans size 30 = true size 32??? and i saw that it will expand by 2 inches??? which means if i am a size 36 i shld get Dior homme raw denim sz 32????

Correct. If you are a 36, a 32 will measure 34 and you should account for 2 inches of stretch so a raw jean should end up as a 36. Hope that helps.

I agree, definitely far from bad, although I don't specifically dig that wash.

Plus, the photo is not very flattering (angle, lightning, pose etc.). But - the fit is definitely good, if you feel comfortable in it, you should be fine.

Correct. If you are a 36, a 32 will measure 34 and you should account for 2 inches of stretch so a raw jean should end up as a 36. Hope that helps.

thanks for your help : ) really appreciate it.... does it apply to MIJ DH raw denim too??? i saw some thread saying MII stretch a lot and MIJ stretch nt much....

thanks again : )

greetings to all,

follow the sizing guide in the first page. tts the safest. its wrks for most of the ppl in sufu. i wouldn;t reco a size dwn 4 for mij raws. its kind of insane.

cuz tt only works for apcs. :)

thanks for your help : ) really appreciate it.... does it apply to MIJ DH raw denim too??? i saw some thread saying MII stretch a lot and MIJ stretch nt much....

thanks again : )

yeah pretty much what kkurenaii said. most people wouldn't recommend sizing down 4 unless you've tried on the jeans before.

don't get MII as they are of lesser quality denim and the back pockets are smaller. the MIJ back pockets JUST fit my wallet now...if the pockets were to be smaller it would be crap.

haha and don't even THINK about getting the morroco ones.