Dior Homme Denim

midnight

^ don't do that. Ever! Just get them hemmed. Anyone that tailors can help you with the length. It ain't that expensive and if your gonna throw down for a decent pair of jeans you have no excuse to tuck them under like you describe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wondering about stacking. Im pretty short 5 foot 7, so the stacks are a bit crazy. I dont want to hem them so I fold them in, but the question is how much do I fold them in? Thanks

^ don't do that. Ever! Just get them hemmed. Anyone that tailors can help you with the length. It ain't that expensive and if your gonna throw down for a decent pair of jeans you have no excuse to tuck them under like you describe.

Agreed. The jeans don't right when you roll them up like that. I used to do it, too, but then I finally went to a tailor, and it cost me like ten dollars to get my jeans hemmed. I don't know why I waited so long. 

Thanks for the advice guys. I will hem them. But how much!? The tailor I go to knows nothing about stacks...

That's a matter of preference. AND if you want them stacked then you need to determine the inseam (yourself) before going to drop off your jeans with the tailor. To determine inseam: put on a pair of shoes that you intend to wear, roll up (or under) the excess fabric, adjust to desired length/look, use a pin to preserve length, and measure the inseam by holding leg taut from crotch seam to desired length.

In general, stacks were more popular with this crowd 5-6 years ago. Most will tell you a slight break is desirable, but I think that the trend is going even shorter than that these days. That being said, I think that stacks can still work on certain (skinnier) cuts and certain (skinnier) body types and certain (lower) weight denim.

That's a matter of preference. AND if you want them stacked then you need to determine the inseam (yourself) before going to drop off your jeans with the tailor. To determine inseam: put on a pair of shoes that you intend to wear, roll up (or under) the excess fabric, adjust to desired length/look, use a pin to preserve length, and measure the inseam by holding leg taut from crotch seam to desired length.

In general, stacks were more popular with this crowd 5-6 years ago. Most will tell you a slight break is desirable, but I think that the trend is going even shorter than that these days. That being said, I think that stacks can still work on certain (skinnier) cuts and certain (skinnier) body types and certain (lower) weight denim.

Okay. Will do so. Its kinda sad, I realised that the Dior Homme topics are not as raging as they were years ago...and its sad because I've only recently gotten into it. There are still some washes which are nice, but some have gone downhill. For example, I went to the Dior Homme boutique recently in SYD and checked out the jeans there, but there wasn't really anything that caught my eye, or screamed "BUY ME". It still seemed nice, but there wasn't that many interesting stuff. 

Now its all 15.5cm super skinny SLP! WOO! Sadly as your age increases so does your ability to wear skinny jeans while not looking bad...for me anyway. Even though I'm still young. I can see it happening in like...10 years. Okay that's a long time I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. But the point is, DH MUST BE REVIVED!

A lot of people look dumb with their stacking. I know some people don't hem their jeans so they don't lose value and they can resell it in the future. Seems stupid to sacrifice your look for that.

• 1 month later...

A lot of people look dumb with their stacking. I know some people don't hem their jeans so they don't lose value and they can resell it in the future. Seems stupid to sacrifice your look for that.

I hemmed all my dh jeans and ppl always ask me why...finally, thank you for pointing that out

Edited by abouta6oy

Hey guys, just wondering about stacking. Im pretty short 5 foot 7, so the stacks are a bit crazy. I dont want to hem them so I fold them in, but the question is how much do I fold them in? Thanks

I'm 5'8 and I hem my diors to 34" and they stack much more cleaner like the runway fit. While I'm on the topic of diors..heres my shameless plug:

NWT made-in-japan indigo raw sz 28 $500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261498254164?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

IMG_1504.JPG

NWT made-in-japan indigo silver selvedge raw sz 28 $700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261498265430?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

IMG_1503.JPG

Edited by unouomedude

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so do you size up for SLP 15.5 cm fits? Or stay TTS?

It really depends what build you are. If you are skinny, true to size will be fine. If you're normal and want some leeway in the crotch and thighs, probably size up. But do realise that jeans will stretch. So when you buy them, make sure they are a little bit tight, because in a few weeks time they will fit perfectly. If you buy them when they already have some leeway, it will end up being quite loose eventually. 

How skinny are SLP models anyhow? I'm curious how SLP fits compared to Diors as well. I tried a pair of 2013 MII raws and they seem more loose than the ones from a few years back.

Which model are you after? 19cm, 17.5cm, or 15.5cm? Because they all fit differently. Just to say, 15.5cm fits you like leggings almost.

Which model are you after? 19cm, 17.5cm, or 15.5cm? Because they all fit differently. Just to say, 15.5cm fits you like leggings almost.

I wear 19cm in Diors, size 26. The ones I'm currently wearing (black raw MII 2013) are much more loose than the 19cm raws I had from 2007. That's why I'm thinking about getting a pair of SLP raws. It sucks cause I can't try them on cause I live in Vancouver Canada and there's like nothing here.

I wear 19cm in Diors, size 26. The ones I'm currently wearing (black raw MII 2013) are much more loose than the 19cm raws I had from 2007. That's why I'm thinking about getting a pair of SLP raws. It sucks cause I can't try them on cause I live in Vancouver Canada and there's like nothing here.

What look are you trying to get? Do you have super skinny legs? 26 is the smallest size for men. You might be able to get away with 15.5cm in 27 or something. Considering the models on the runaway are tall and lanky skinny...how tall are you? Otherwise if you're short you might just look like you're wearing normal skinny jeans...but if you're tall you'll get the runaway look if you're a 26. 

What look are you trying to get? Do you have super skinny legs? 26 is the smallest size for men. You might be able to get away with 15.5cm in 27 or something. Considering the models on the runaway are tall and lanky skinny...how tall are you? Otherwise if you're short you might just look like you're wearing normal skinny jeans...but if you're tall you'll get the runaway look if you're a 26.

Definitely don't think I can get that runway look. I'm only 5'11. The models displayed on Luisaviaroma all look the same in all three cuts (15.5, 17 and 19)... so I have no idea what to get. I just know that they all look slimmer than the 19cm Diors I'm wearing.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/c96e49eadb3582f7166d5de49b618e3f/tumblr_n4r627AVPT1tap7m8o1_500.jpg

Is this what the 15.5cm look like?

Edited by IWishIWasADino

Definitely don't think I can get that runway look. I'm only 5'11. The models displayed on Luisaviaroma all look the same in all three cuts (15.5, 17 and 19)... so I have no idea what to get. I just know that they all look slimmer than the 19cm Diors I'm wearing.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/c96e49eadb3582f7166d5de49b618e3f/tumblr_n4r627AVPT1tap7m8o1_500.jpg

Is this what the 15.5cm look like?

Yep. Thats 15.5cm. 5'11 is very good for a good look. Since you're a 26, you must have a skinny build. 15.5cm will probably look not bad on you. I'm only 5'7 (asian) but I still look good in 15.5cm. Maybe because my legs are skinny but I doubt it since I hit the gym. Hmm...it really depends what size you get. I think you should shoot for the 15.5cm, but don't get the leggings tight fit. I dunno, it depends what floats your boat, but from what you're saying, you don't want leggings, but something nice and slim.

Leggings: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#ItemSrv.ashx|SeasonId=59I&CollectionId=25Z&ItemId=40&VendorColorId=NDMyNA2&SeasonMemoCode=actual&GenderMemoCode=men&Language=&CountryId=&SubLineMemoCode=&CategoryId=0&ItemResponse=&MenuResponse=&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

Nice Fit: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#ItemSrv.ashx|SeasonId=58I&CollectionId=25Z&ItemId=85&VendorColorId=MTAwMQ2&SeasonMemoCode=actual&GenderMemoCode=men&Language=&CountryId=&SubLineMemoCode=&CategoryId=0&ItemResponse=&MenuResponse=&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

Note that this is only my opinion though. So it all depends how you want it.

Yep. Thats 15.5cm. 5'11 is very good for a good look. Since you're a 26, you must have a skinny build. 15.5cm will probably look not bad on you. I'm only 5'7 (asian) but I still look good in 15.5cm. Maybe because my legs are skinny but I doubt it since I hit the gym. Hmm...it really depends what size you get. I think you should shoot for the 15.5cm, but don't get the leggings tight fit. I dunno, it depends what floats your boat, but from what you're saying, you don't want leggings, but something nice and slim.

Leggings: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#ItemSrv.ashx|SeasonId=59I&CollectionId=25Z&ItemId=40&VendorColorId=NDMyNA2&SeasonMemoCode=actual&GenderMemoCode=men&Language=&CountryId=&SubLineMemoCode=&CategoryId=0&ItemResponse=&MenuResponse=&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

Nice Fit: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#ItemSrv.ashx|SeasonId=58I&CollectionId=25Z&ItemId=85&VendorColorId=MTAwMQ2&SeasonMemoCode=actual&GenderMemoCode=men&Language=&CountryId=&SubLineMemoCode=&CategoryId=0&ItemResponse=&MenuResponse=&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

Note that this is only my opinion though. So it all depends how you want it.

Thanks for the pics! Yeah I definitely like the second pic better.

So I tried on a pair of 15.5 in size 28 (cause that's the smallest size shitty Vancouver has) and it's SOOOOOO boxy top. I can literally put a textbook inside and the thighs and waist are ridiculously loose.

20ubwnc.jpg

Can't see well cause the background is black too...

Edited by IWishIWasADino

Thanks for the pics! Yeah I definitely like the second pic better.

So I tried on a pair of 15.5 in size 28 (cause that's the smallest size shitty Vancouver has) and it's SOOOOOO boxy top. I can literally put a textbook inside and the thighs and waist are ridiculously loose.

20ubwnc.jpg

Can't see well cause the background is black too...