Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Hey everyone,

Would finding a pair of DOVAs in a size 30 be difficult? I'm basically looking for a slightly waxed 19cm pair. I'd post in the buying section but it won't let me create a new thread.

Anyone have any opinions on this season's seculars? Any suggestions?

Edited by Masin

Guys, from what I know while researching about the mij raw is that they now only come in 19 and 21 cm and thats why I bought my pair in 19 cm couple years ago. But I just visited the dior boutique in Vegas and apparently they have the mij raw in the 17.5 cm and the sales rep even proofed the 17.5 label in the tag. I also checked and it really is made in Japan. But the price is $500. What do you guys think? I thought the mij raw in 17.5 is already extinct and the price also higher than the standard mij raw 19cm

Edited by krriting

The 17.5mij raws have been out for a while now I would say about almost two years...They initially came out as a limited run, but since it was high demand it became a permanent fixture.

Ok so basically it has now became permanent and you can find it in any dior boutique? Then why does LVR doesn't carry the mij raw in 17.5?

legit check? and what's a fair price to pay for these? they're brand new size 29

I've never seen Dior tags with Korean text, but they look legit. I know they have Japanese tags for the Japanese market, so maybe they do that for other places, too. As for price, assuming they're legit, I think $350 is fair, and pretty standard.

I've never seen Dior tags with Korean text, but they look legit. I know they have Japanese tags for the Japanese market, so maybe they do that for other places, too. As for price, assuming they're legit, I think $350 is fair, and pretty standard.

I got my first pair from LVR and it had Korean texts on it. The last bit of the text says "Imported by Christian Dior Korea", not sure where you got it from but this CD Korea must be some import frontend for MIJ dior's or something.

...Just a bit of irony here in my case, I got my pair from LVR in Italy but then the jeans are Korean imported.. which essentially means I imported back an import-export (???!!!?!?!) since I was in Korea back then. OOH!

• 2 weeks later...

Do diors work at all for someone who has a big-ish butt? What fit would I be best off with, or am I hopeless with these?

I couldn't really say for Dior jeans, because I've only had the small cuts in small sizes, which fit very tight. I have found that the 18cm Balenciaga jeans are pretty spacious, though, if you have access to them.

I got my first pair from LVR and it had Korean texts on it. The last bit of the text says "Imported by Christian Dior Korea", not sure where you got it from but this CD Korea must be some import frontend for MIJ dior's or something.

...Just a bit of irony here in my case, I got my pair from LVR in Italy but then the jeans are Korean imported.. which essentially means I imported back an import-export (???!!!?!?!) since I was in Korea back then. OOH!

Is LVR a legit site or are they known to sell fakes?

Hope you guys don't mind, I just picked these up and would appreciate a quick LC before the 45 day paypal cut off.  They seem right to me and the seller was great, just want to be sure

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dior-Homme-FW-06-MIJ-Raw-Indigo-Denim-Jeans-31-19cm-Hedi-Slimane-RARE-find-/201000841409?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBOFFX%3AIT&nma=true&si=uW%252FQLANp8e%252BsbQfzYXRtjfmDBM8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks in Advance

Hope you guys don't mind, I just picked these up and would appreciate a quick LC before the 45 day paypal cut off.  They seem right to me and the seller was great, just want to be sure

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Dior-Homme-FW-06-MIJ-Raw-Indigo-Denim-Jeans-31-19cm-Hedi-Slimane-RARE-find-/201000841409?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBOFFX%3AIT&nma=true&si=uW%252FQLANp8e%252BsbQfzYXRtjfmDBM8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks in Advance

Legit. I have a pair from the same season, and they are identical.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If I am a true 28'', wears Levis 510 Super Skinny 28x30 and APC PS 26'' fits me perfectly. Which style and size should I go for a Dior?

Let say if I want same cut.

19CM Raw: what size should I pick?

17.5CM Jake Washed: what size should I pick?

Hi,

If I am a true 28'', wears Levis 510 Super Skinny 28x30 and APC PS 26'' fits me perfectly. Which style and size should I go for a Dior?

Let say if I want same cut.

19CM Raw: what size should I pick?

17.5CM Jake Washed: what size should I pick?

Do you mean the same cut as the Levis? If so, you are not going to get that with the Diors. The waist might be similar, but everything else is cut completely differently (especially 19cm). Having said that, for the raws, I'd go with a size 27, if you can find it. They will stretch out a little. I couldn't say with certainty, for the Jakes, because I don't own a pair, but 17.5 tends to be tight/a little closer to the Levis cut you mentioned. I wouldn't go smaller than 28, unless the measurements seem forgiving. 

Do you mean the same cut as the Levis? If so, you are not going to get that with the Diors. The waist might be similar, but everything else is cut completely differently (especially 19cm). Having said that, for the raws, I'd go with a size 27, if you can find it. They will stretch out a little. I couldn't say with certainty, for the Jakes, because I don't own a pair, but 17.5 tends to be tight/a little closer to the Levis cut you mentioned. I wouldn't go smaller than 28, unless the measurements seem forgiving. 

so does that mean even with 17.5cm, there is no way for a Dior to fit like the 510 cut even if I down sized enough? Coz I was looking at pictures online and some of them do.

so does that mean even with 17.5cm, there is no way for a Dior to fit like the 510 cut even if I down sized enough? Coz I was looking at pictures online and some of them do.

Pictures can be misleading, but I suppose it is going to depend on the build of your legs. I have a number of Dior jeans, and a pair of 510's and they fit differently. For me, my F19 Dior jeans tend to fit looser (especially below the knee), but better, while the Levis are tight, but hit me in the wrong places. My F17.5's are very slim, like the 510's, but again, they work better with my anatomy. For the record, I'm 5'9", 125lb, an ectomorph, but a fit, compact one (not twiggy).

To answer your question directly, you aren't going to get the same cut from 19cm and 17.5cm Diors, simply by changing sizes. I would say though, that Dior Super Slenders F19 are the closest to Levis 510, but with a very low rise. For those, keep your usual size, or go one up.

Pictures can be misleading, but I suppose it is going to depend on the build of your legs. I have a number of Dior jeans, and a pair of 510's and they fit differently. For me, my F19 Dior jeans tend to fit looser (especially below the knee), but better, while the Levis are tight, but hit me in the wrong places. My F17.5's are very slim, like the 510's, but again, they work better with my anatomy. For the record, I'm 5'9", 125lb, an ectomorph, but a fit, compact one (not twiggy).

To answer your question directly, you aren't going to get the same cut from 19cm and 17.5cm Diors, simply by changing sizes. I would say though, that Dior Super Slenders F19 are the closest to Levis 510, but with a very low rise. For those, keep your usual size, or go one up.

thank you for this info, this is most valuable experience comment I can find in most forum so far. I will take your advice, thank you.