Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Hey, some great resources in this thread. It seems to have been discussed a little bit earlier, but are the "Brut" 19cms on LVR MIJ? Under the "details" for the jeans it says they are made in Italy. Could be a mistake or maybe I'm just misunderstanding because it also says "japanese denim." Just wanted to make sure before I dropped $500 on them. Would I be better off ordering from Browns or somewhere else anyway?

Also, sizing question: if I'm a 29 in APC PS, should I go for a 30 in 19cms? I had a pair that I recently sold, but I bought them like 7 years ago, and they weren't close to fitting me anymore.

If someone wanted a pair of dior's similar in terms of fit and feel to the old 19cm dauphine from 2006 what would you people recommend?

or on the off-chance someone here has a pair of 34w dauphine in good cond i'd be happy to pay very well for em.

• 2 weeks later...

guys, do u know where i can find a measurement table for 19cm cut? im really diggin this guys fit..

ABoWg7R.jpg

if u remember him a few pages back.. so it is a 19cm cut right?

I'm half a year late, but for future reference, I would bet that those are the 17.5 cut. I have a pair in size 26, F17.5, and that is the fit ... right down to the unusably tight pockets.

Howdy...Figured I'd jump on here to post some pics of my little Dior collection.  Started wearing them years ago and LOVE them.  I'm a bum and just wear them and eventually throw them in the washer - what's your favorite way of washing?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i8aiktvov0ctab/20130815_165741.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nrvcwox2o23wpw/20130815_165946_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

This pair has a high 2 years, maybe 3 years and one wash.  Love this pair and hate to retire it...but not sure how much left I got on it.  There's a nasty rip in the back but you can't see it when I wear them.  Should I get it repaired, or wear them til they're toast?  Or retire them now?  Love the fades.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3xxbcxck2nowot/20130815_170038.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgiyebva8eui8s6/20130815_170208.jpg

These guys are smoked...lol.  3 years, one wash.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6982pdngby7pdr/20130815_170239.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj7d3vm5c9cqntz/20130815_170258.jpg

Current pair I wear often, about a year, no wash.  I'm not happy I sized up on these...gained a bit of waist at the time of purchase and tried sizing up like an idiot to prevent shrinkage when I wash them since my other pairs I couldn't fit into anymore at the time.  Regret that somewhat.  But they're starting to look good :) advice on washing them differently maybe in the next go around?

Also I don't know how to hotlink photos, using Dropbox...too lazy to find a better host :/

Thanks!  Love the site!

Edited by dstar

I'm half a year late, but for future reference, I would bet that those are the 17.5 cut. I have a pair in size 26, F17.5, and that is the fit ... right down to the unusably tight pockets.

Agreed the cut is 17.5cm but I've noticed that some 17.5 cm washes from KVA era have mid rises. If you want that fit, be sure to get the 17.5cm cut with the crazy low rise. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

looking to get into a pair of raw black 19cms and not entirely sure about sizing

based on the fit guide here, and measured 37.5" waist on my somets, I'd be a 34.5 or sz 34.  36" waist on these should work with my actual 36" waist measurement. 

I'm a big dude though (6-3, 215) so wondering (1) if there's any reason to size up to the 36 to accommodate?  thigh measurements on these look like they'd be even bigger than my NS (sz 33) when I first bought them. but with some taper

(2) or to size down to the 33 if I'm missing something

to change the hem width you get jeans tapered (ie legs made skinnier). hemming makes jeans shorter. you won't get a true 19cm fit unless the jeans have the kind of length diors do, usually around 36-37 in, but if you are just looking to have a 19cm hem width tell the tailor to taper them to 19cm. note: 19 cm cut jeans have a 19 cm hem usually in size 32 and you subtract .5 cm on the hem for every size you go down/add .5cm for every size you go up

to change the hem width you get jeans tapered (ie legs made skinnier). hemming makes jeans shorter. you won't get a true 19cm fit unless the jeans have the kind of length diors do, usually around 36-37 in, but if you are just looking to have a 19cm hem width tell the tailor to taper them to 19cm. note: 19 cm cut jeans have a 19 cm hem usually in size 32 and you subtract .5 cm on the hem for every size you go down/add .5cm for every size you go up

I'm sorry, tapered.

So if I wear a 30 waist, I would ask my tailor to taper the hem width to a 18.5cm to get a similar fit to the diors 19cm (in my waist size)

looking to get into a pair of raw black 19cms and not entirely sure about sizing

based on the fit guide here, and measured 37.5" waist on my somets, I'd be a 34.5 or sz 34.  36" waist on these should work with my actual 36" waist measurement. 

I'm a big dude though (6-3, 215) so wondering (1) if there's any reason to size up to the 36 to accommodate?  thigh measurements on these look like they'd be even bigger than my NS (sz 33) when I first bought them. but with some taper

(2) or to size down to the 33 if I'm missing something

size down to 33 will be ok.