Is the stretching on nudies exaggerated, or a real problem?

homi29

Quote:

ive heard reports that they stretch out ALOT over time, up to a couple of sizes.

i usually like my jeans a little loose (32, when im a 31)

but if they'll stretch out a bit, ill probably just get a 31..

what do you guys figure?

--- Original message by homi29 on Oct 23, 2005 01:32 AM

It depends what model you'll be purchasing. If you're going for a regular ralff like 99% of the people on this forum and want it slightly baggy, go true to size. It'll stretch to about one size up and you'll have the 'slightly loose' fit you're looking for.

Quote:

hmhm, yeah i've got the rr ds and i bought it one size up, very stupid, cause now i have to wear them with a belt, so yeah they do stretch

--- Original message by RobbertJan on Oct 23, 2005 03:15 AM

heh me too

they were my first dry jean and i was expecting the shrinkage on the wash to make them too small, so i bought a size up and now they have stretched about 1 in 1/4 on the waist and barely any shrinkage on the wash

chwa?

I bought my RR Greycasts in a size 32 waist. I could barely put them on they were so tight. I only bought them because I wanted a pair of Nudie's really bad and they didn't have a 33, just a 34 which was too big for me. At the time, I was ignorant to the fact that they stretch like a motherf*cker...anyways, it's been about a month of casual wear and I can honestly say that the waist is about an inch too big for me now.

It's really weird, but at the same time amazing. I don't think I'll go back to the regular 7's or any of that kind of denim after trying raw denim. It's an experience...a very fun one.

Nudies, APCs, Levi's, etc. do not stretch more than ANY other denim. You guys are forgetting that these things are being worn for months without washing. Any jean, or any cloth for that matter is going to stretch with wear like that. It's not a "problem," its just what happens when you put extreme stress on a woven fabric.

Quote:

Nudies, APCs, Levi's, etc. do not stretch more than ANY other denim. You guys are forgetting that these things are being worn for months without washing. Any jean, or any cloth for that matter is going to stretch with wear like that. It's not a "problem," its just what happens when you put extreme stress on a woven fabric.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Oct 23, 2005 12:14 PM

i think i have to disagree... cuz my apc rescues stretched out more than denim i have ever owned, and that was after only a week of wearing