why do Canadian fashion labels suck?

homi29

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddle me this:

Why does Canada suck?

because we don't shoot/sue each other at the drop of a hat, and a stay in the hospital doesn't cost you your life savings...I thought that was plain.

oh shit i forgot that we also don't rack up $1,000,000,000,000 deficits on "national defense"

because we don't shoot/sue each other at the drop of a hat, and a stay in the hospital doesn't cost you your life savings...I thought that was plain.

oh shit i forgot that we also don't rack up $1,000,000,000,000 deficits on "national defense"

i think you're the first proud canadian i've talked to.

i think you're the first proud canadian i've talked to.

proud canadian does not equal bashing the US and comparing ourselves and our own policies, urghghh

also, the reason why there are a bunch of "unproud canadians" is because we let anyone into our country, and they very often do not identify themselves as 'canadians', but rather, whatever nationality they were born into. at least that's what i experience in TO a lot

yes i wholeheartedly agree with that...people are constantly suing left right and centre! but i know if we had the same system here in Canada that we wouldn't be any different...

proud canadian does not equal bashing the US and comparing ourselves and our own policies, urghghh

also, the reason why there are a bunch of "unproud canadians" is because we let anyone into our country, and they very often do not identify themselves as 'canadians', but rather, whatever nationality they were born into. at least that's what i experience in TO a lot

just... wow. canada's current and future economies are carried on the backs of immigrants and foreign investment. i wouldn't say stuff like that in such an interconnected world.

immigrants who come here and aren't given recognition for their education and job credentials are right to be bitter and to hold onto their homeland ties for some sense of belonging or identity -- after all, it's not like canada is doing much to encourage the inclusion or ensure the wellbeing of new canadians.

i'm a second gen canadian, my parents have said openly and often that if they would never move back to hong kong -- it's not their home anymore, toronto is.

anyway, 2000db is right most fashion sucks period. if you're looking for ways to support independent, local businesses and economies, buy local everything else.

ya canada is good place to live

i think life here can be too comfortable however. The lack of adversity and false feeling of security lulls us into being too passive.

I just dislike the lack of innovation and willingness to take risks in this country.. We're behind the world in so many ways in terms of technology and cultural exports. We have ability to do better but seems we give up before ever trying. sad :(

I mainly made this thread because i was curious how there is seemingly so much going on in the Australia, yet Canada doens't compare. I suppose that part of it is because we're so close to the states we dont feel the need to really exert our influence.

note - rocky, i'd just like to draw attention to the fact that despite there being little happening in canadian fashion, there isn't really much of worth coming out of australia...the majority of it is loosely based around the party scene, and wearing absurd shit in an effort to distance yourself from others who are also draped in absurd shit.

and if you want to talk risk-taking, how about unilaterally changing 20 million contracts to charge people for a service they have no control over? THATS gutsy!

CUNADJUN FASHINZ

tartan06_375.jpg

(srsly...pink tartan...shit is like nygard)

http://www.complexgeometries.com/

Line designed by a Canadian- Vibskov is a fan and features it in his flagship store.

budget gothninja

I didn't really see anything there, Vibskov store is all chick stuff (was there today) and crappy.

I'm travelling and people are like "you're American?" yes. "from where?" Vancouver.

I want a SUPPORT OUR TROOPS shirt

ya i want to watch it

but i dont expect it to be that good.

anyone seen it???

my brother said he pissed all over himself laughing at it...said its very real and accurate, doesn't pull punches the way most movies would...there's supposedly some pretty horrendous things done and said in the film, notably a very dirty dirty talk scene

ya true. rad is good.

i heard the guy who makes krane bags is Canadian too.

krane is made in toronto. dudes name is ken chow. very good friend of my family. hes asked me to put his samples online before but they sell before i can get to them. uppercut is canadian and they are decent. juma is launching a menswear line and they are toronto based. juma.ca. i was supposed to be in the catalouge but im in vancouver and they shot it last week. when that all comes out ill show you guys whats up cause they are great friends and i support what they are trying to do very much.