Leather jackets

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My current biker is a Diesel Black Gold Biker that I picked up a few years ago.

It's starting to look shabby so next year I'm looking to upgrade to a really good one.

If I can't do it next year (2012) I think I can get one more year out of the Diesel and invest heavily in 2013.

IG

• 1 year later...

I've heard. something short is what I'm trying to avoid and that's whats put me off. I wanted to try when i was in nyc last year but there was no 46. should have just tried the 48 they had just to see.

New 5 zip have a standard slim cut that is popular across brands these days, just pick your regular size. Old ones (2006 and before) have more volume and it's ok to size down. Jackets aren't particularly short unless you pick women's models.

Edited by Fuuma

anyone have any suggestions on a good womens leather thats fairly priced?

If your´e on a budjet there are one or two leather jackets at Massimo Dutti that looked okay when I saw them in the store.

Havent taken a closer look though and it probably wouldnt be Sufu approved if that concerns you.

Edited by Landadel

They are if you're over 185cm tall...

They fit fine and cropped if you are tall, like a moto should be. The whole point of a real moto style jacket is to be able to bend over without having the jacket bunch up a ton. A 52 fits me fine and I'm about 6'2", but I imagine I could even squeeze into a 50. 

@Inkinsurgent I own a Schott 141. Mine was about half-price, as it was bought on Ebay from a guy who got it as a cosmetic second. The leather's pretty awesome and thick, I get compliments on it all the time, but I bought it true to size and it isn't very fitted. Which is nice in the winter as I can wear a thick sweater under it, but it looks a bit off with just a T-shirt under it.  If you can try before you buy I'd recommend it, or maybe even size down or get the 641 which fits smaller. It's bombproof, their sizing is just aimed at a different market.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Not sure if this has been asked already but I was wondering about the difference of quality of leather vs price. Is it diminishing returns? I'm deciding between Pierre Balmain, Balmain Paris and Saint Laurent. Pierre Balmain is around 2000 euro, Balmain paris 4000, and Saint Laurent 4000-6000. I was wondering if the difference between the leather quality is significant, or if the high price just comes from the brand? Thanks for any insight. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have never owned a real leather jacket till now which I bought a BLK DNM motorcycle leather jacket 5 here on SUFU was surprised that they were made in India. The material seems to be good but I can't really tell anybody have any knowledge on BLK DNM leather quality? 

Edited by overoverdoz

As long as you are impressed with it and feel fine with what you spent.  It doesn't matter if it is superior or average leather, overoverdoz.  I'd say post a fit of the jacket.

I don't think its anything special I mean I really don't know anything about leather jackets I thought it would be a good quality jacket and was in my budget but maybe a schotts would have been great to.

the jacket fits like second skin so the fit is what I wanted also but I can still put a hoody underneath.

was just wondering if people had any knowledge and thoughts about the quality.

My comment was directed towards the brand in general and not the jacket in particular. The perfecto is far from offensive, but a schott would look a lot better. I think that was the one I handled in person, I didn't like the details or proportions but that is entirely personal taste. The leather felt nice though.

Edited by Egpt