Leather jackets

black scissors is still on ebay.

I was thinking about getting one if I don't splurge on an authentic. How is the quality? Be honest.

Also, lets see some siiiick leather jackets!

leather is really thin but feels nice. stitches aren't high quality but not terrible. i'd say you get what you pay for. not total shit but not anywhere near as good as any brand name. not even topman.

leather is really thin but feels nice. stitches aren't high quality but not terrible. i'd say you get what you pay for. not total shit but not anywhere near as good as any brand name. not even topman.

Cool, thanks for the insight. How is the fit? I need a slim fit. Tight in the arms.

Where can I find a leather like this...

1199blkleather.jpg

I second that.

ps- were the shoulders broad or narrow? usually shoulders are a tad too broad for me with shirt and jackets.

shoulders were normal. mine was distressed. looked like shit. get non distressed. i am 5'9" 150 so i'd say a small would fit you about perfect. XS might be pushing it. especially since their lining is super shitty and not attached to the jacket well and kind of bunches up in weird spots.

I'm 5'9 130 lbs and I was considering an XS. Maybe that would be way too small for me?

Considering this fella. BS told me that they could make it without the distressing that they do to most of their jackets. Did you get yours with or without the distressing and how did it look?

I bought this same one from the BS ebay. Worth the ~$140 I paid (cashback) but not much more. I'm about 5'8'' ~120 and the XS is ridiculously tight on me, I can't really wear it zipped, and I have to wear the cuff buttons undone because they're too small for my wrists when buttoned (and I have tiny ass wrists).

Also the collar came with one side all fucked up and I've been pressing it every night but it doesn't really come out.

shoulders were normal. mine was distressed. looked like shit. get non distressed. i am 5'9" 150 so i'd say a small would fit you about perfect. XS might be pushing it. especially since their lining is super shitty and not attached to the jacket well and kind of bunches up in weird spots.
I bought this same one from the BS ebay. Worth the ~$140 I paid (cashback) but not much more. I'm about 5'8'' ~120 and the XS is ridiculously tight on me, I can't really wear it zipped, and I have to wear the cuff buttons undone because they're too small for my wrists when buttoned (and I have tiny ass wrists).

Also the collar came with one side all fucked up and I've been pressing it every night but it doesn't really come out.

Thanks for the help, guys. I guess I'm going to take my chances on a non-distressed small. The company sounds a little hit or miss but this should hold me over until I can save up for the leather jacket of my screams... OOPS! I MEAN DREAMS. LOL.

I actually just got my 3rd BS jacket in the mail today. I got the brown RO style with funnel neck. I wanted it last year but was broke. The price was actually much better now that the GBP is down.

As for the quality. It is quite excellent. I thought the leather would be thin and all artificially wrinkled from looking at the pictures, but it is actually quite smooth and buttery feeling. Much better than expected. The fit is right on though this may vary from individual to individual. Anyways IMO it was quite a nice piece, and worth more than what I spent on it.

For the BS haters I understand where you are coming from. Personally, I would not even be interested in the original leather jackets that the BS jackets were modeled after for the original retail price. Plus I only wear leather jackets on rare occasions (not daily, not even weekly) so spending $500 or more on one wasn't for me.

On a side note when I was really into Dior Homme, I visited the main store in NYC on a few occasions and had a chance to to feel the leather on the authentic Dior jackets. Believe it or not, they don't feel much different than the leather that BS uses. Now this may not apply to Julius, CCP, RO, etc, but for Dior, I don't expect much better quality leather just because they are 10X the price.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...