Leather jackets

They just opened up a Zara in the mall here and I went in to check it out and saw some pretty decent(in styling, cut, and quality) leather jackets for around $250. I think they would be worth taking a look at if you have a store in your area.

the leather is pretty thin... unless this is what a leather piece is supposed to feel like.

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still looking for one myself...........anyone seen decent shit under $700 lately?

Seen some OK ones by J. Lindeberg around that range. Really like washed leather. Nullsleep posted this in 'Recent Purchases.' Pretty close to what I'm looking for (although a bit more than I want to spend):

3477mm9.jpg

Already familiar with Black Scissors in case it's suggested...........

I have heard that Lost Worlds is very good, but that the owner is a bit of a nut. I am pretty sure John Chapman has started making his own jackets, but I couldn't find anything about it. For a cheaper alternative, with less authenticity take a look at Gibson and Barnes.

If I had to get another jacket, I would probably go with G&B.

The dude who runs Lost Worlds does indeed come across as a bit of a nut based on some of the rants on his site (not to mention some of the experiences people seem to have had with him as described in posts in other forums) but I found him to be totally fine to deal with when I bought a jacket from him a few years back. His email responses were quick and to the point and making an exchange for a different size jacket was hassle free.

The construction and materials on the jacket I bought are first rate. If you're looking for some kind of replica the attention to detail (authentic era zippers, etc) is probably higher on jackets made for the Japanese market by companies like The Few or Buzz Ricksons, but I doubt the materials used are quite as tough. The toughness may be a negative point for some: two years on and my jacket is still nowhere close to being properly broken in. Another possible negative is the cut of the jackets. From my own and others I've seen online they tend to be kind of 'boxy'. If you're looking for something fitted, I get the impression that you won't find it at Lost Worlds (and, from experience, getting them adjusted is expensive). On the other hand, if you're looking for something that'll keep you in one piece if you come off a motorbike I don't think you'll find better.

Here's a good example...found a picture of a Lost Worlds customer wearing their replica Buco J23. It looks like fits the dude OK around the chest, but the top of the sleeves seems way to 'blousey' for the rest of the jacket....

picture3go4.png

Compare that with the Real McCoy's Buco J24. I don't know shit about tailoring, but the proportions seem way different and - I think personally - the cut looks a lot better. If I were in the market for a Buco replica I reckon I'd look to Japan.

picture4cz0.png

I want to buy a leather jacket but my problem is I've never owned one or actively looked for one so I know absolutely nothing. My bud let me wear his high neck Rick Owens and now I need one. I only have $200 to spend though because I've already spent my money on winter clothes. So the question is what used leather jackets should I keep my eye out on, I like a motorcycle collar and low profile (not a lot of pockets or zips). thanks.

Still looking for one myself...........anyone seen decent shit under $700 lately?

Seen some OK ones by J. Lindeberg around that range. Really like washed leather. Nullsleep posted this in 'Recent Purchases.' Pretty close to what I'm looking for (although a bit more than I want to spend):

3477mm9.jpg

Already familiar with Black Scissors in case it's s[uggested...........

is there a name for this style leather, like cafe, moto, etc?