Leather jackets

theres so much going on w/ that justice jacket, too cluttered. if you're interested in a perforated leather jacket helmut lang made one this season and it's only going for 600-650$.

but i just bought this viridi-anne leather jacket off hedior, i'm in love.

jacket.jpg

nice, it looks good. i couldn't find that helmut lang jacket. didn't see any perforated ones on the site. i don't even know why i'm looking at leather jackets right now. it's 80 degrees and getting hotter.

the whole justice pour surface to air "collection" isnt out yet

are the sleeves suppose to be that short???

they arent.

the sleeves end at your wrists

I saw the perforeted jacket that the black/navy one that xavier is wearing at their party and they look very nice

nice, it looks good. i couldn't find that helmut lang jacket. didn't see any perforated ones on the site. i don't even know why i'm looking at leather jackets right now. it's 80 degrees and getting hotter.

aw500j.jpg

this is the perforated one. you can't really tell it's perforated but i've seen it in the helmut lang store in san francisco. it fits like a beauty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the most recent GQ having an article on how to buy a leather jacket, I have become very interested in buying a leather jacket for myself. And since seeing as everyone here is very knowledgeable in fashion, it only makes sense to come here and ask for help. If you guys have any tips or anything like that on where/how/what brands to shop for/what details to look for. The article is located here....

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_7212

Some of these jackets are beautiful, I am looking for a more modern, slim and sleek look. Feel free to post any pictures you guys may have of your own jackets also.

when it comes to leather jackets i wish more people would realize "modern, sleek, slim" equals "dated, played, to small" in about a year. instead you should go for "timeless, classic, fit to your body"

therefore i recommend ebay and knowning what size you wear in a mens suit jacket.

and wearing a rick owens or julius leather jacket after the age of 29 is disgusting. so dont say its a $2000 "investment", because it will turn into someones $400 ebay impulse buy from you in 2 years.

All very good replies. Thankyou very much. I will definately look into the H & M jacket, that sounds like a very good idea.

And to Paid Vacation, I understand that whole thing thats why I am not looking for a very expensive jacket but a cheaper one that can serve me while I am young. The advice is appreciated, thanks.

I read that article in GQ and overall, I don't agree with their recommendations.

They say to avoid the tougher leathers because you don't need them to protect you - but a quick look at Brando in Wild One, will tell you that, much like premium raw denim, a raw horsehide jacket that you wear in and make your own will wind up looking MUCH cooler than some pre-distressed lambskin "motorcycle" coat. Also, wearing a trim fitting, timeless cut, like a cafe racer, may not be quite as fashion forward as GQ is urging, but it's no leather blazer either. It's always going to be cool, even if it's not at the tip of fashion.

I'd like to think a forum stuffed full of raw denimheads can appreciate that.

-Jake

when it comes to leather jackets i wish more people would realize "modern, sleek, slim" equals "dated, played, to small" in about a year. instead you should go for "timeless, classic, fit to your body"

i see your point on modern but sleek and slim there's nothing wrong with. the 618 brando wears in the wild one is still tight and cropped by today's standards and has been in style and not played out for something like 60 years. i think when a jacket stays in style for double to triple the age of most of the people here it's okay to say it isnt a trend.

i see your point on modern but sleek and slim there's nothing wrong with. the 618 brando wears in the wild one is still tight and cropped by today's standards and has been in style and not played out for something like 60 years. i think when a jacket stays in style for double to triple the age of most of the people here it's okay to say it isnt a trend.

Totally agree. +Rep

my point is about this:

show me 1 (one, just one) picture of someone wearing a julius or rick owens jacket who is white (as in not asian), over the age of 29, and looks good. and is not rick owens, i mean a person in the every day.

i know that most people who would buy a $2000+ jacket from either brand have the money to not care, its just i am blow away by the rationalizations by 18 year olds in ohio!

neg rep me but at least i have an opinion that looks 4 years into the future.