Superawkward

scoki

actually i kind of feel that, in a way, pieiskewl. nothing else to really say, but i kind of understand what you are saying. i think you are sometimes overly anxious, because you talk about being in situations when you could kill someone or vice versa and i don't really think you need to worry about that so much and probably a lot of your sexual repression or whatever stems from that. that or you need to start hanging out with safer people. because generally i don't hang out with people i think are going to kill me or would or whatever, and i don't think other people really do either...

Summer before my senior year of high school (I'm a junior in college now), I went down to West Virginia for Habitat for Humanity for a week with a church group. It was like 40 some kids from one church, and me and 4 girls from my local church. First day there, I still didn't know any of the other dudes really, and wanted to shower. So I go in, do all my showering shit. Put on underwear+shorts and shit in the shower, walk out, see two of the girls from my church group there. Turns out that what I thought was only a male shower was a male and female shower, and I hadn't noticed the male shower door. I was way more awkward back then, ran out with all my shit into the male shower finished changing, putting on deodorant, etc. Later that night I realized I left the shorts I was wearing before the shower in the girl's shower. Went back and they were sitting outside the door. No one saw me take them though thankfully.

Put on underwear+shorts and shit in the shower

Had to pause there for a second. But public showers are a cesspool of superawkwardness.A few weeks ago I was taking a shower at a public indoor swimming pool, when one of my university lecturers walks in, looks at me (not really at eye level), pauses for a moment and then asks me ''Hey, you were in one of my classes,weren't you?'', while I stood there with my genitals exposed. All I got out was ''Mhhmhh''. Now I'm scheduling my courses for the next semester and if I want Friday off I'll have to attend another one of his classes. Shit's like Sophie's Choice.

i think The people in the private study room next to me are having sex while I'm trying to do my hw.

Edit: nvm they finished right after I posted this. (n)words the flash.

Edited by dovo

i don't know how you people who carpool do it.

when i drive to work in the morning, sitting through traffic, i want to be alone and just vent to myself while listening to my jam. it just soooo fucking awkward to have someone sit next to you. makes it worse is that this coworker of mine is a female, who i am sort am, sort not attracted to. on this rare but "dreaded" occasions i have to pick her up (she just got her license), it is so damn awkward. especially when there is a little language barrier, and me listening to my hiphop or 106.1 kmel. i wonder what goes through her head. and when we say something, it's to the degree of "weather is nice today!" "so much cars!!"

fml

same coworker, AFTER work, I have to drive her off sometimes as well...damn I just got off work, sitting in traffic, I just want to be alone and listen to music. And I am driving all cautiously when usually I am more aggressive on the road alone.

just saying, kind of pisses me off/superawkard. fwiw, it's not like this with people in general. only with people i have nothing to relate with except work lol

she has a peach fuzz on her upper lip

want to know more?

(i didn't want to be mean)

FWIW, she has a whale tale if you're into that, long legs though last time i saw unshaven.

i guess i only find her subtly attractive because she has long legs. =|

she lives with her b/f from what i understand.

anyways, i like my coworkers. they're nice to me so far

On the car pool tip, I get the train to bjj from one station before another guy at bjj.. He's ok, but we don't have anything else in common.. I have to try and time my walk from the station to bjj to either be faster or slower than him so I don't walk with him. The problem is that we keep ending up on the same train home, with us both sitting in silence. I'd really like to listen to music to drown out the other passengers but now I can't.

Had one of the most awkward things happen to me at a friends party last night. Went to use the bathroom at his house but it was occupied so I went to use the upstairs bathroom (upstairs was off limits to the guests but because I'm good friends with him and know his house I thought it would be alright etc etc) and as I turned the corner there was this girl I didn't know with her panties around her knees changing sanitary pads. I mean it wasn't really my fauly cause the door wasn't even closed. We just stared at each other in shock and I apologised and quickly left. Avoided eye contact and making making small talk the rest of the night

its so damn akward when you're watching tv with your parents (who dont know you like le dick and are homophobic) and gay commercials come on or they talk about gay related stuff on the news etc. and also when my dad watches these shows were girls have big boobs and not much clothing... i just wanna drown in the damn couch

Edited by AH+

Had one of the most awkward things happen to me at a friends party last night. Went to use the bathroom at his house but it was occupied so I went to use the upstairs bathroom (upstairs was off limits to the guests but because I'm good friends with him and know his house I thought it would be alright etc etc) and as I turned the corner there was this girl I didn't know with her panties around her knees changing sanitary pads. I mean it wasn't really my fauly cause the door wasn't even closed. We just stared at each other in shock and I apologised and quickly left. Avoided eye contact and making making small talk the rest of the night

Bloody awkward

its so damn akward when you're watching tv with your parents (who dont know you like le dick and are homophobic) and gay commercials come on or they talk about gay related stuff on the news etc. and also when my dad watches these shows were girls have big boobs and not much clothing... i just wanna drown in the damn couch

it's awkward that you used 'le' in this story

awkward.

I went to this local catholic charity hall with my mom and sister. We all bought meals that would help go towards this child that almost drowned in a pool and it messed up his brain for life. Resulting in him not being able to talk/walk etc. So like we come in the building buy our tickets then you have to greet the child. So my mom and sister greet him smile and stuff. His older sister is like "yeah he's tired!!" laughing and smiling and stuff. So im next, i smile at the kid say hi, then i kinda look at him and then the sister then i say. "long day, eh?". Then she just gives me this look like "nigga please, aint body wantcho' ass"

Keep in mind she's been giving me this weird look as soon as i came into the door. She's one of those token fat white chicks that you can tell that ONLY dates black men. (im black, have dreadlocks and not interested at all)

At this point, im like damn. So i get my food and my folks say bye to her and its my turn again to say something. And I say thank you. She still gives me that look. So awkward.

I wonder, maybe it was how I was dressed?

Edited by AYIYI

Posted · Hidden by HelloWello, February 19, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by HelloWello, February 19, 2012 - No reason given

was at a busy tram stop the other day. every tram passing through could get me to where i needed to go usually. the first tram comes, i went up to the side of the doors to let people alight first (usual basic courtesy). when i felt no one else was alighting, i boarded, and took a seat. then i realized shit entire tram's empty the fuck? then i hear 'this tram is terminating at this stop, please alight'

more of embarrassment but damn thought id just post it here

^...

one time i was having breakfast with some folks i'd just met, two guys who are foreign teachers at my host school on the program i'm on, two teachers from the nearby city, and another two from a few hours away.

the ones from farther out are a couple, guy's pretty nice but his girlfriend's just fucking tense and i didn't get along with her at all.

(she wasn't attractive either so i dunno what the hell he was sticking around for)

somehow everyone gets to talking about how cursive writing is mostly considered obsolete and i say how in my high school i had some friends who'd still write in cursive even if it slowed them down and how i'd tell them it was "fucking pretentious"

tense chick just says "my mom still writes in cursive."

everyone shuts up

i shrug it off and continue eating my omelette while everyone else looks awkwardly looks around

felt like an eternity.

ordered a hot cup of americano at starbucks then getting back into my coworker clean interior WV, and during the whole drive, trying to make sure all the coffee spills are on my hands instead of his car seat/mat. all the while chit chatting and burning myself like nothing is happening in the back seat where i am seated.

he asked me how my coffee was once, and i said it was really hot...

/first time eating out with coworkers @ lunch

Edited by gettoasty

i will say you are not the only one in regards to the awkwardness. i just do not find myself attracted to the mall atmosphere and "group thinking". rarely i am judgmental as i was in their shoes once.

and i will say ordering online and getting package(s) delivered is a nice feeling.