Superawkward

scoki

Today, I was telling this new kid in the running club about how I saw him on campus earlier, but he was too far away to say, "hi" to. A little later, I was talking about how I always see people I know, but I don't say anything because I can't remember their names. Connecting the dots, the new kid asked me if that was the real reason I didn't say anything when I saw him earlier. I was like, "no... I totally know your name. You're... the tall guy". He was silent for a second and then said, "I remember your name".

I had something similar happen to me this semester too. I have this class that meets once a week and the first meeting we got into groups. Man, I remembered every motherfucker in that damn group except the one girl who when I walked in the next class decides to greet me. All I could think to say was heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy hows it goin. She catches on and is like "you don't know my name do you?" and I'm all yeah I do (while my brain is running a search) I time out and she goes no you don't. I hit the refresh button "yes I do". Still nothing, then I noticed how immaculate her giant animation geek boobs looked squeezed into that tight little nightmare before christmas shirt as I followed her invader zim necklace into her cleavage. And she says well my names not in my shirt if thats what you're wondering. Ive said this before and ill say it again, times like these make me so glad I'm chocolate. fuck. I sit right next to her in that class and see her round campus, Thursday was the first time I said something to her in 3 weeks. She smiled and it looked like she threw up in her mouth a little bit. Fuck it I know her name now though. Its Kristen the chick with the tig ole bitties.

I'm in this intense upper level finance class where a huge part of the grade is a group project. Originally it was me and my friend, looking for two other people. This awkward asian guy who's been in a few of my classes messaged me saying his partner dropped the class and he needed a group. We were hesitant but the team deadline was coming up soon so we said "fuck it" and told him he could join.

Then I get an e-mail from this other guy asking to join our group, who it turns out is this "secret society" type guy who's family is absurdly wealthy. So now my group is me, my friend, this awkward fat asian kid, and this Jewish multimillionaire heir.

It's cool because I get to watch Community on Thursday nights and then live it the rest of the week.

my roommate's friend got a DUI in the town over from where I live. She called my roommate because she needed someone to pick her car up. So her, my roommate and I drive out there, and I drive her car back with her in the passenger seat ( this is about a 2 hour round trip). So on the drive back, she starts bawling her eyes out and shit ( she the super dramatic sorority cwg type). at this point I have no idea what to do or say because I'm really bad at consoling people due to being socially inept. At this point I'm thinking to myself " FUCK, I have to deal with this for an hour??" So, for some reason, the first thing I thought to do was to pat her head and say "its going to be alright" in a bad english accent *mental face palm*. She then gives me a weird look like she was thinking "wtf?" I fiddle with my phone a little and keep driving. Intense awkwardness commences.

then I noticed how immaculate her giant animation geek boobs looked squeezed into that tight little nightmare before christmas shirt as I followed her invader zim necklace into her cleavage. And she says well my names not in my shirt if thats what you're wondering.

the classics never get old

my friend got busted on camera a couple weeks ago blatantly staring at tits that werent his girlfriends

one of those pics were everyone else is smiling at the camera and hes got his eyes firmly on the prize

lol

bad english accent

interesting choice

my roommate's friend got a DUI in the town over from where I live. She called my roommate because she needed someone to pick her car up. So her, my roommate and I drive out there, and I drive her car back with her in the passenger seat ( this is about a 2 hour round trip). So on the drive back, she starts bawling her eyes out and shit ( she the super dramatic sorority cwg type). at this point I have no idea what to do or say because I'm really bad at consoling people due to being socially inept. At this point I'm thinking to myself " FUCK, I have to deal with this for an hour??" So, for some reason, the first thing I thought to do was to pat her head and say "its going to be alright" in a bad english accent *mental face palm*. She then gives me a weird look like she was thinking "wtf?" I fiddle with my phone a little and keep driving. Intense awkwardness commences.

this is the winner.

Taking a nap/cruising the internet in my apartment between classes...naturally I'm butt ass naked. See out of the corner of my eye a dude walk by on the fire escape... I'm guessing it's my landlord repairing the roof, but either way he caught an eyeful of my naked ass... Not entirely sure who this is more awkward for.

ayo fuck you

one time i was going to the gym which was literally across the street so i told my roommate i'd be back in an hour. after like 10 minutes i was like fuck this so i went home. i walk in and in the reflection of a framed photo i see him get up off the couch ass naked and run to his room. we're on the ground floor, the windows face the street, the curtains was up, he didn't have his computer or his phone, the tv wasn't on, and homie is married but his wife lives elsewhere since she has to work and he moved for school.

I'm walking to a computer desk at my school's library and make eye contact with this one old professor for a brief moment. In that brief moment I noticed that my right contact was drying up and I accidentally give him a wink. I left the library and found a computer in a different building after that.

called my teacher mom in elementary school.. was embarrassed.

Did that shit in 10th grade (how the fuck did I do this at age 15?). She didn't hear cause I was calling out to ask her a question during a bio lab, but my friends and the group of chicks next to me did. Fuuuu..

sort of awkward moment: I was warming up with the running club and we were talking about how tall everyone was. I go, "I'm five foot six", and this other guy says, "That's funny. I'm six foot five". Then I'm like, "opposites attract... that's why were such good friends". Awkward silence follows.

Also, for the record, we aren't really good friends. I only really see him when he comes to running club. I think I was trying to make my "opposites attract" statement less awkward, but I failed.

sort of awkward moment: I was warming up with the running club and we were talking about how tall everyone was. I go, "I'm five foot six", and this other guy says, "That's funny. I'm six foot five". Then I'm like, "opposites attract... that's why were such good friends". Awkward silence follows.

Also, for the record, we aren't really good friends. I only really see him when he comes to running club. I think I was trying to make my "opposites attract" statement less awkward, but I failed.

Ah running clubs - a hotbed of social awkwardness. I've had numerous uncomfortable moments at races or club socials where comments or gestures have been met with protracted silence or gone down like a lead balloon. Learned to brush it off because at the end of the day, how cool is anyone ever going to be in split shorts?