Superawkward

scoki

my facial hair is curly, and when i don't shave for a while, my moustache get kind of long and grows towards the edge of my mouth. i absentmindedly poke at it with my tongue sometimes. this is a problem when i zone out and am walking down the street and do this, then make eye contact with someone and it looks like im making a lewd gesture at them

Guest jeffvyain
when people know me but i dont know them

running into people from HS

that happened to me last week too. that really sucked. this dude named steve scott from middle school asked me if i remembered him and i didn't...i remembered his face, but the name was never going to come to me. so he tells me who he is, and i'm like okay...cool. asks me if i know his name like 15 minutes later, and i didn't. told him i liked him and everything, i'm just bad with names and it wasn't coming to me for some reason. he tells me again; things seem okay. asks me again toward the end of the night and i still couldn't remember. at that point he'd had enough and i don't think he made eye contact with me the rest of the night.

the next day i remembered his name though. but if i see him again, he'll probably want to hit me instead of asking me if i know his name. steve scott....like that's hard to remember or something.

When I'm working at the concession stand at the movie theater that I work at and someone says my name (it's on my name tag), but I always forget it's on my name tag and think that they know me. So I'm like "hey, what's up?", but then I realize that they are just reading my name tag and that I have never met them in my life.................

my friend was visiting his girlfriend's house and was watching "there's something about mary" with her parents.

when the "hair gel" scene happened, his gf's mom completely missed the joke and started asking all of them, "what just happened? what just happened?"

note: this was also a very conservative southern family.

i suck at saying goodbye to people. usually when the conversation sounds like it's over, i'm just like..."alright later" and i hang up. hopefully that other person is ready for the convo to be over too. in person things get a little more tricky. the other day i tried to say bye for like 5 minutes and then was just like "sorry i'm so awkward" and walked out the door

Agh, that's what I do on the phone too. I think, 'this conversation seems to be drawing to a close' and then I say, 'Alright, bye!' and hang up. Frequently they call me back within a few seconds and say, 'I WAS STILL TALKING TO YOU..."

Guest Phrost

^^ some very rude persons here.. no manners at all.

i can never ever remember a person's name unless i meet them more than 3 times. 5 for extra measure. it is really getting to be a problem at work, where i have to remember my employees' names on a consistent basis.

Remember this from 2 weeks ago...I knew this girl from HS by face but we never talked, she remembers me as well. I was trying to sleep on the train, opened my eyes to check the time and there she was standing in front of me (she didn't notice I was there as I had my hand covering my face) We said hi to each other then right after that I just closed my eyes again and pretended to sleep...damn that was awkward.

And this one from a while back, I work at a retail store and the head office manager came by. I was on the phone so she just stood there and after I hang up, she introduced herself (didn't hear her name) she shook my hand, asked for my name. So I gave it, then I asked for her name and I don't even know why the hell I did it but I shook her hand the 2nd time. Cotdayum

- when you're walking down the street, you see someone who you barely know, and you're not sure if you should say hi to them...

gets even worse if the other person decides to say hi just as we pass by eachother, and I either ignore them or have to turn back and say hi.

- when you see your teacher/professor outside of school. especially when you don't like them but they recognize you. eek.

- when you lie and you almost get found out...

Guest jeffvyain
she shook my hand, asked for my name. So I gave it, then I asked for her name and I don't even know why the hell I did it but I shook her hand the 2nd time. Cotdayum

classic. i've probably done this before. but i don't remember events just like i don't remember names.

Riding in the whip with a corny but still kind of legit white bitch that you just hung out with for the first time and then "like a prayer" by madonna comes on the ipod on shuffle. - dont ask me why i have that song on my ipod or i'll shank yo face nigga

I'm sure this shit has happened to you guys b4

Riding in the whip with a corny but still kind of legit white bitch that you just hung out with for the first time and then "like a prayer" by madonna comes on the ipod on shuffle. - dont ask me why i have that song on my ipod or i'll shank yo face nigga

I'm sure this shit has happened to you guys b4

you're a corny fucking white kid you're not allowed to say whip you corny motherfucker. fuck you.

this thread is now about de-awkwardizing sufu members.

just say... "alright then... [pause]".... Then, If they say "alright them... [pause]" ... Say later and leave....

If they don say "alright then.... [pause]".... youre screwed...

1) best way to end a phone conversation is just LIE.

"Alright...well it was nice to catch up, but I'm actually on my way out now..."

"Alright...it was good talking to you but I really need to go wash my feet. "

"Alright...I'm really sorry but I have to go, Dawson's Creek is coming on. Pacey is soo fucking dreamy."

Also,

my facial hair is curly...i absentmindedly poke at it with my tongue sometimes.

2) Don't ever do this, in public or private.

FUCKIng terrible with names

but people think i don't remember them and then i end up looking like an asshole.

3) Just tell them straight, be self-deprecating, and keep talking rapidly so they forget about it.

"Look, I'm really sorry but I don't remember you're name, I'm awful about that kind of thing, in fact I forgot my Mom's birthday last month and she hasn't talked to me for 3 weeks now. Actually I forget it every year, and I still don't know my brother's middle name. I think its James, or maybe Scott. Hi, I'm say_your_name_here by the way. ::shake hands ONCE::

One time I was saying goodbye to this girl I liked, and she stepped towards me so I put both of my arms up anticipating a hug, but instead she just waved.. so I waved back -- both arms outstretched, raised above my waist, with both hands...

One time I was saying goodbye to this girl I liked, and she stepped towards me so I put both of my arms up anticipating a hug, but instead she just waved.. so I waved back -- both arms outstretched, raised above my waist, with both hands...

This is a sad image.

4) When its time to say goodbye to a girl you like, take the initiative, step up and show that you are going to hug her. Then neither party is wondering--"are we going to do the wave goodbye? or the hug goodbye? who has the penis again?"

The people at my school are so obsessed with saying awkward it makes me irrationally angry. The party isn't always awkward, it just sucks. Not every silence is awkward either, like, fuck.

There are some people going to get mauled with by a vicious and feral thesaurus if they don't snap out of it.

Anyways, that said, no matter what's on my mind the best I can come up with on short notice is usually a crappy smirk and a sheepish "hey."