Superawkward

scoki

reading these student posts make me feel awkward

went out for dinner the other day, the table top was up to my nipples....

you sound like my grandma

I was walking down hospital boulevard around latin quarter when someone flagged me down and starting speaking in broken French with a map in hand asking for directions; i wasn't going to attempt to try cos even in America, I have a bad sense of directions and am always more of a visual person..you want to know where prada is? you cross the street and on that corner where gap is you want to turn left, stay on it for about three blocks until you you see the apple store on your left hand side, then turn left and walk straight up a few blocks until you see..

you get the idea

I was about to say je suis désolée (thank you google)

when all of a sudden his friend comes up, hits him in the arm and goes, dude! she doesn't know, she's a tourist too!

the rm wants to take me to lunch today and I already had lunch but hey, can't say no to her so off we go

during lunch it's obvious she is trying, because of our past instances,

besides the usual awkward pauses cos u know, we don't connect on a personal level (plus it's kinda hard to forget when this b went over my head and my managers head to complain about something as little as me not understanding what she was saying which she misconstrued as pushback..wtf)

there was this moment after she tried complimenting me, letting me know I'm good at profiling (aka I ain't a b and people tend to tell me info and I actually remember)

she asks me why I'm not in a upper position

well, I have expressed interest (but you know, you going to the head huncho and me not going there cos I wasn't smart enough and stubborn enough to say that ain't me)

that was a set back for me despite clients' letters of recommendation and my numbers etcetc

but I didn't want to get off on her cos I still have to work with her and she's sensitive as past proves, talking to her is like navigating a land mine -- another reason I have trouble communicating with her

so I told her that (just that I expressed interest, not all the rest) and she presses further

well, what did they say?

I kinda shrug hoping she will get the hint and drop the subject

she still presses and at this point I am not sure why she's so adamant about knowing why I haven't yet progressed even though it's been a year

so finally I just said straight up, that because of our past differences, despite the excellent job I've done in profiling, despite my numbers and hardwork, that that's a roadblock

at that point she just went quiet and yeah

pretty damn awkward after that

she later called me, talking about partnership and getting me to that next level

I'm kinda like whatever at this point, just counting until oh eight when my

three years are up

Edited by whitney

when i went to the dentist to get stitches from wisdom tooth extraction removed he wasn't around. 

so one of his assistants did it instead

her boob was kind of just resting on my face for what felt like at least a minute too long as she was undoing the sutures et al

reminds me of the time i went to the dentist and he paralyzed (? dont remember if this is the correct medical term for this) the left side of my mouth in preparation for something, then he left for a second

the nurse came and wedged some equipment in between (?) my teeth on the right side, needless to say it hurt like fuck but i just sat there not doing anything

5 minutes later dentist came back and hes like oh boy why is this on the wrong side why didn't you say anything and i had to laugh it off awkwardly while swallowing blood gushing from my mouth

Edited by Trouble

• 2 weeks later...

Chillin at a bar in long beach, CA.

Random convo w/ chick sitting next to me.

Says shes born and raised in LB.

I ask her whats her sublime story (anyone raised in LB claims a sublime story.)

Girl starts tearing up.

Usually takes way longer.

Starts raising her voice, "NONE OF THOSE STORIES ARE TRUE, BRADLEY WAS AN AMAZING PERSON"

fuck, girls having a full on meltdown, everyones quiet and looking.

Her friend consoles her, tells me shes the dead lead singers sister.

yDsH42n.gif

you're on a roll in this thread...

mother-in-law backed into my ride last weekend.

OB2LfDo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

today was visit old colleagues day around downtown sf since I still have a few things to drop off

after lunch with one of my friends there (that's another story)

I went to visit another manager nearby around the TL/Castro area and I walked in hoping to drop off the tea I got for him frm ph when, someone called my name.

don't recognize him at first (it's been a year) and he comes over and it's obvious I don't remember him, don't remember I took a class with him, and was mvp (but tbh I had it for every one but the two other classes were taught by girls so once he mentioned that I remember other details)

I mean I remember he got enough points to get himself an iPad with max gig, that he went to Bali and stayed in four seasons but for life of me I can't remember his effing name

so he's teasing me about it, and telling me he tried calling me at the flagship but then I moved..

but still won't tell me his name.

we talked about other details eg he's from San Diego and flew in just yesterday to teach the class (that is 2 days only)

but yeah, few minutes and we talked about everything and still ended without me knowing his name but I'm gonna go back to my emails and hopefully the info still there so I can email him about that spot in Thailand and be like

I remember !!

Edited by whitney