Superawkward

scoki

Went to a concert sponsored by my college the other day.  I hadn't heard of any of the bands before so I went into it not knowing what to expect.  When the first band started playing there was only me and 3 other guys in the crowd.  As the show went on around 15-20 people showed up but that was it.  I can get behind small, intimate venues but this one was just really awkward.  the bands kept trying to hype the crowd up and got near silence with a few claps here and there.  At least the music was decent

So I hooked up with this girl at work through June of last year. It was a weird thing but we never dated, just hooked up on and off for 2 months and then I ended things because I didn't want the whole work drama. Fast forward to Friday, I was out at the bars with some girls from work, lo and behold the girl I used to hook up with from work was there with the same group of people. We don't talk anymore because she got really passive aggressive and I didn't want it to affect my or her work. So while I'm flirting with two girls I work with (in a group conversation, mind you) I take a break to go use the restroom. While I am in the bathroom the girl I used to hook up with goes up to the two new girls and says "enjoy having my sloppy seconds". I return from the bathroom not having a single clue that this happened, and wasn't told until the day later. Obviously I'm pretty heated, but at the same time feel totally awkward that none of the two girls mentioned anything. That being said, they are both new at the company so it probably made them even more uncomfortable...

A couple years ago I worked as a short order cook in a shitty local diner. The place was pretty bad––insane coworkers, scum customers, questionable food, etc. One of the cooks who I worked with pretty frequently was this dude from -local art school- very intense very angry but for whatever reason looked very very familiar. When I meet him I ask him what he's all about

"Yeah I work here and at -other local restaurant- and sometimes I do nude modeling at -local art school-"

That's where I recognize him from. Without thinking: "Oh yeah I used to take figure drawing classes there."

Things get very tense. He refused to talk to me for the rest of his time there, which ended when he really lost his shit and started throwing his shoes and spatulas and knives at other employees.

I remember him having a very angry scrotum.

Back in September the sister of my girlfriend visited her in Paris. One night we were strolling around Notre-Dame (big ol'cathedral) going home. There's no one outside as it's freezing cold at 11.30 PM. We're passing by and our eyes meet the silhouette of this guy 50 meters ahead, dressed in shorts shorts and running shoes. No one's talking and suddenly, we're all realizing that this goofy motherfucker is actually walking in slow-motion. We're starting to joke and laugh hysterically as he proceeds to lift his legs one minute at a time on a good 100 meters, then all at once resets to normal human function and continues his route towards the next alien spaceship.

the woman/man bathrooms at work are pretty much same except the sign outside indicating gender. there's only one guy who works at my office regularly, the other two floats, so he pretty much took over the bathroom, he's kind of a ***** but that's another story

anyways he leaves all his shit in there and the plumbing has been fucking up bad..like every other week it breaks down, IF we are lucky, every week more like it

it's become a running joke for the plumbers to say, see you next time, instead of bye

it's the pipes

happened again last week, before his trip..one of the guys decide to work on the pipes while his stuff is still there and shit spewed all over the place.

:x

me, I have to use the grocery store nearby for restroom, it's so bad the guy near the entrance to the bathroom (works in meat counter) starts talking to me cos I go there often enough he starts remarking on it..that got old fast so now he tries to find ways to strike up a convo.

it's always something stupid and random and honestly I just want to get the f out of there but then I'm using their restroom and I feel like I can't be rude and have to talk back, but he's literally pulling shit out of the air..asking me about red envelope is the latest gimmy.

I didn't know how to respond so I half smiled and hurried my ass out of there

the other day I was getting lunch and as I was walking I hear two people behind me, one of them going that's the girl that works at x, I turn around and it's him..he tries to strike convo again and I sorta just one answer hoping he gets the hint, the next block I just turn into a restaurant (I know the owners) just to cut it short, he goes, is that place good? maybe I'll try next time

work and restroom problems lol

i hate it

edit: 

i remember going to the restroom and opposite was another dude walking towards me. the restroom was right in the middle. we both sort of glanced at each. it was like a standoff except we were walking to see who'd open the door first. i did. we walked in and the stalls were occupied. the dude who came in with me bailed immediately (lol) and went downstairs. i went to the sink to pretend like i'm washing my hands. left then went back to the restroom 10 mins later for the all clear. entire building and only 2 restrooms wth

Edited by gettoasty

speaking of bathroom stories,

Last weekend I returned to my dorm at ~3am really needing to take a shit so I used the public bathroom on the bottom floor rather than risk taking the elevator.  About to finish up when all of a sudden i hear the door open, and immediately after it shuts the guy starts belting out some song i've never heard before.  very obvious that the guy didn't notice me and thinks hes all alone.  Every fiber of my being tells me to say in the stall until he's done taking a piss but for some reason I decide to leave.  I flush and immediately the guy stops singing  I exit the stall and i see this really short, obese vietnamese kid staring right at me, eyes wide and frozen stiff. awkward eye contact continues for a few seconds and then i slowly walk out of the bathroom, out of the corner of my eye i can still see this dude's frozen and continuing to stare at me on my way out 

RE: timber's story.

Something sort of like this happened to me once. My friends and I were smoking weed in a parked car in an alley. It was pretty cold and late in the night, so the windows were fogged up. At this point I'm not as high as my two friends and I start seeing red and blue flashing lights behind us. I'm like "Dude! is that the police?"

Friend "What? Pffft.. No!"

Then there's this tap on the window and we all look at each other. We're fucked. This cop is really pissed off because apparently someone had stolen a boat from a nearby lake by hitching it onto a trailer and driving off. So the cop thinks it was us (something about them following the dirty tyre marks back to us) but his partner is sensibly not so convinced, one look at my friends and you could tell they were in no way shape or form to even attempt such a thing.

Long story short, the cop was so convinced it was us, he even went as far as to get sniffer dogs to follow the trail, which didn't lead to us and eventually they just let us go. But on the way back to his patrol car the cop is still pissed off and just kicks in this steel fence. All of a sudden an alarm starts going off. HIs partner comes up to us and was like, okay you guys better get out of here. We'll take care of this. We had to do a 3 point turn to get out of the alley but going past the police car I look over and that cop is just sitting in his car fuming and staring at us while we drive off.

I don't remember the words that were said exactly except for one thing. "I'm gonna get the sniffer dogs out here and if the trail comes back to you, you guys are FUCKED!"

• 1 month later...