Superawkward

scoki

*Driving classmates and I to off-camous lecture*

me: So Lauren, where are you going to get picked up? *referring to a girl in the backseat

*silence*

me: Lauren?

*silence*

friend in passenger seat: Uh, her name is Cassandra.

and I knew her name was Cassandra, but why the fuck was I saying Lauren, another classmate????

Edited by tacotron

went for a swim today, when I was on the deck stretching this old dude in the lane next to me was very obviously checking me out. hop in and throughout the swim I notice him looking in my direction while in the water. get into the locker room and he is changing next to me, then before putting his shirt on starts putting lotion slowly all over his body, all the while sneaking glances at me. he will probably be jerkin it to the memory of my chiseled body for the rest of the week. and there's nothing I can do about that

herbert-the-old-man-herbert-family-guy-17323787-300-315.jpg

Im 6'3 and it gets linda awkward standing too close to short people lol

When your about to nod off in public and you do that quick snore/grunt and ppl look at you and you try to act like you were coughing

Also when your shoe or whatever makes the fart noise and then youre like "it was my shoe, see" but you cant replicate the sound again and you look like a dumbass just kicking the floor awkwardly.

fucked this girl at my work a while back. now this guy who is dating her sits next to me. i dont know whats more awkward, the fact that this chick is dating around at work or knowing i boned her and the guy sits right next to me.

I: I was waiting for a business meeting in a coffee shop yesterday, and I had taken off my jacket because I was warm.

II: A few minutes later I realized it was colder than I thought, and grabbed my coat from the floor where it had accidentally fallen.

III: My meeting pal showed up and we started talking when I felt something weird in my sleeve. Suddenly a large spider crawled out onto the table. My friend didn't notice, so I quickly brushed it to the floor. The girl at the next table saw me do it, and started yelping. I shrugged, and made sort of a 'some people!' kind of expression while she freaked out - and we went back to our meeting.

IV (Epilogue): I discovered it had bitten me, with no adverse effects.

One of my girlfriend's friends who I don't really know and was sitting by me interjects with, "You eat dogs? I can't believe you eat dogs. You're disgusting." She starts freaking out and repeats, "You wouldn't eat MY DOG, would you?" a hundred times. She makes this huge scene at this table of twelve where I know two people, maybe. Everyone's looking at me absolutely disgusted and freaked out.

I hate that people think there's some form of moral difference between eating different animals. They are the ones who should be vegan; if you're not comfortable with eating any mammal you should not eat meat.

It's like this outrage about the Ikea meatballs having horse meat in them. What did people expect from a food that's labelled simply as 'meat'? Then they act like it's a health issue, like they're that blind to think that we eat the animals we do for any reason other than because they're the easiest to cultivate. If anything horse meat should be seen as a luxury; it's more difficult to cultivate and I could only imagine healthier than fat and lazy cows and pigs.

Edited by okonomi

The horse meat thing is totally a health issue though. The whole point of having standards is to know what we are eating so if, say, there is an outbreak of mad cow disease, sellers know where the tainted beef came from and can stop selling other meat that might be tainted. And it's not like the horses that are ending up in IKEA meatballs are raised to be eaten. They are in there as filler because they are cheaper than beef (which should tell you something about the relative quality of the meat from these animals), likely someone's horse from a farm or an old racehorse or something.

Horse meat is eaten in a lot of places, but it's not like the ground beef sellers were giving everyone a bonus by throwing in some old horses.

Edited by abracadabra

I'm in China right now and everybody says dog is better than beef, so maybe you're not crazy.

I ate dog in Mexico a few years back. It was disgusting. Super heavy iron / metallic taste, really sinuey and tough. Maybe it was just a low grade dog, but would probably not eat again.

The horse meat thing is totally a health issue though. The whole point of having standards is to know what we are eating so if, say, there is an outbreak of mad cow disease, sellers know where the tainted beef came from and can stop selling other meat that might be tainted.

Valid point which I did not consider.

wow, haha

on a side note, i have met a few chubbier vegan girls--simply refraining from the ingestion of animal products definitely doesn't magically transform yr body, these girls need to change their damn eating habits. ya, technically that pirate's booty is vegan but damn girl, the whole bag??

I shit my pants my freshman year after I came to class with a stomach ache. It got really weird when I shit on the floor, ran to the bathroom, and asked someone to wipe it up with the towel in my bag.