Superawkward

scoki

having a facebook chat conversation. I was asking my friend about his martial arts training:

me: are you training to fight competitively or just for fun?

friend: As an exercise

as an art

me: cool

friend: Yeah...

How am I supposed to respond to that? Maybe I caused the problem, by saying "cool", but he definitely made it worse. Now, it's that awkward part where we're both still online, but neither one of us is posting anything.

having a facebook chat conversation. I was asking my friend about his martial arts training:

me: are you training to fight competitively or just for fun?

friend: As an exercise

as an art

me: cool

friend: Yeah...

How am I supposed to respond to that? Maybe I caused the problem, by saying "cool", but he definitely made it worse. Now, it's that awkward part where we're both still online, but neither one of us is posting anything.

Give up on life, now

^Missing the point...

Music has these things called genres, and clubs/DJs will typically choose a narrow range of genres for a night. Asking for something wildly outside those genres is unlikely to get played, and will instead mark you out as someone who only vaguely understands where they are. You are not watching "The Box".

Dude singing loudly in the car next to me. He was singing YC's "Racks", but was saying "resur-resurrect, resur-resurrect" instead of "racks on racks on racks". Awkward for him.

i'm glad to know i wasn't the only one who made this mistake when i heard it on the radio the first time before learning its name

i'm sorry the rest of the world doesn't follow the same obscure music blogs as you.

i'm so pissed that ppl in the streets ask me to do a kickflip when i'm skating! don't they know about the more obscure tricks like fakie bigspin heelflip or no comply 180!!! woe is me i'm so cultured

youre a fucking idiot

i play what i want to hear, not what the kids listening want to hear. obviously i want them to enjoy the music and people always do. it isnt necessarily the quality of music requested that makes requests annoying. someone running up on me yelling at me to play alli borem is just as annoying as that persons friend fiending for bassnectar

hit up my friend on facebook to chill, old high school friend who was always weird but got crazy weird recently sees it and wants to hang out. sent everyone like three messages passive aggressively mentioning that he's in the area, he's gonna go to lovefest, etc.

last time we kicked it he brought his girlfriend who didn't speak english and had a big fight with her in the car in chinese, which all of my friends and I understand.

I was dropping our little girl off at school, when some mom pulled in behind me. I noticed she had the latest & greatest Yakima rooftop carrier on her SUV.

She was just getting out with her kid as we were walking by, and I smiled & said "Nice rack!". The words were barely out of my mouth when I could have bitten my tongue off.

There was a really awkward moment of silence, while I registered what I had just said, and she figured out that I was talking about the contraption on her car...

I tried to recover by asking where she had bought it, but you know....

^^^Ouch

Old story, but I was at church a long time ago, when I was 11 or 12. When the priest was just doing his long talk where everyone else is silent, I farted so loud, the people within 5 or so rows looked to see who did it. The thing is, they were looking at my brother and not me. My brother was so pissed at me after mass over.

did you also look at your brother?

I didn't. Man, I was so embarrassed at the time. But I kept my cool and pretended nothing happened, like I was just another kid spacing out during mass. I don't think anyone realized it was me, but it was my brother that kept looking at me and saying stuff to me. I saw people pointing in his direction, not mine.

The gym is quite an awkward place. Fat girls sitting on machines, talking to their friends, couples making out on machines, groups of dudes hanging around the equipment, important people talking on their phones, you know, the usual... But this one personal trainer...

The other day at the gym, I was looking for the matching 2.5lb plate, as there's only one set of em in the whole gym. Found this personal trainer with one next to her foot. Asked her if she was using it, as I only needed to borrow it for one set, but she said she was. (Her client, an elder lady, was on the cable machine.) The trainer is a lazy bitch, who wasn't even paying attention to her client, just staring at people.

So, I have to go to the next plate up (5lbs) and fail my next set, cutting that work out two sets too short... Then I look back, and the trainer and her client leave. They didn't even use the damn plate...

Annoyed with the way my workout was going, I go for concentration curls, but my arms were burnt out from the fail. Then I hear a guy on his iPhone, from halfway across the gym, pinching his white headphone receiver to his mouth, walking around talking ridiculously loud.

I just had to get out of there.