Superawkward

scoki

So did you actually talk to her, or did you just catch the hint and stand there in sorrowed silence?

we are in the same bio class so we just talked about the class, but it's in a summer program and we haven't seen each other in a few years. or maybe she just doesn't give a shit

At my second job and I just accidentally walked into the womens restroom. This girl was in there coming out of the stall and I scared the shit out of her. I tried to play it off so all I could think to say was whatsup. She said heeyyyyy and I just walked out all nonchalant without saying anything about me accidentally going in there.

speaking of awkward restroom moments... I remember one time I wasn' t paying attention while walking to the bathroom and I accidentally followed this girl into the women's restroom. Right after the door closed, she turned around and gave me a startled/confused look and then I realized that I was in the wrong place

Speaking of more awkward restroom moments...

At everyone's favorite Edinburgh Castle, here in San Francisco, I had to take a wicked yes (Family Guy reference.) The guys line was backed up like crazy, not moving for a good 10 minutes. My lady tells me the womens bathroom is clear, as she just came out from there. I go in, and as I'm finishing up, a group of chicks walk in and a couple try to open the stall door. So I'm in the stall giggling like a school girl, cuz I'm drunk and think it's hilarious, I try my best to look like a chick taking a piss. So I tippy-toe, so my whole size 12 shoe isn't showing, exposing that a guy is in there. As soon as that group leaves, a couple more chicks come in. About 15+ minutes later, one chick comes in, goes into the stall, and I make the swiftest escape ever. No chicks as I step outside, just my lady and friend laughing at how long I was stuck in there.

At my second job and I just accidentally walked into the womens restroom. This girl was in there coming out of the stall and I scared the shit out of her. I tried to play it off so all I could think to say was whatsup. She said heeyyyyy and I just walked out all nonchalant without saying anything about me accidentally going in there.

haha this happened to me while i was tripping on mushrooms in central park. ducked into the first bathroom I saw, and as we walked out of the some women came in and were like "what are you doing?" and I got all sassy with them and was like "going to the bathroom, what does it look like?". then they pointed out it was the women's room so me and my boy just scurried away like drug-addled perverts

ahh ya mushrooms in public. my (very) chinese friend walked up to a downtown convenience store attendant and says "from one brother to another... could i get a blunt wrap?" the guy looks at him weird and goes "you guys causin trouble?" to which my friend responds "well, sometimes you just got to do things you normally wouldnt do"

Man this has been a weird/lol week.

Went to McDonalds pull up to the window and the girl getting my food was singing that Chris Brown song "Look at me now" and she goes "look at me now, look at me now" She had no idea I heard her so she gets to the window and I said "fresher than a muhfucka"

............She dropped all my shit.

I was at my buddies uni in Graz needing to take a piss. wasn't paying attention at all and just went into the first bathroom looking door. Wait no, I was taking a number 2. Anyways, as I open the door a women comes in and looks at me, steps back, looks at the female sign on the door, stairs at me again. All I could say was: "I'm not from around here."

Awkward

Loving the awkward mushrooms stories. There could be a whole thread dedicated to them. They're a whole other kinda awkward.

Buddy on an intense mushroom trip at a high school party was getting some out of control visual/audio synaesthesia from the heavy bass so decided to go sit in what he thought was a secluded part of the garden, but it was actually a pebble pathway to the front of the house. After watching the pebbles boil for a few minutes and curling into a ball, host's Dad comes over; "hey... are you alright?" At which point dude says nothing, just cowers into a smaller ball thinking it will make him "more invisible".

After a subjective infinity of awkward silence Dad walks off.

dude mean mugging at apartment party last night i watch his friend walk up to him looking a little suspect. dude leans in and says "you trying to hit the rail man?" i - a little too loud say - "Got One For Me?"

he was talking about the skateboarding rail in the parking lot

I show up to work today everythings goin good so far. Im early for the first time in like a month and the customers are no where to be seen. So my coworker asks me how my weekend was I say good and as she grows impatient waiting for me to ask how hers was she just blurts out ME AND (OTHER COWORKER) WENT TO A LINGERIE PARTY SATURDAY. While youre thinking this is awesome two chicks at a lingerie party? yum what the problem?. Well, these two chicks are pretty far overweight...really far. I pretend like I didnt hear her cause I dont need images like that early in the morning fuckin up my mentals. So she keeps trying to tell me and I keep on ignoring. Finally right when she says Hey are you listening to us WE WENT TO A LINGERIE PARTY. right when she says that, this old guy walks up to the counter.

I will never forget the face that man made. Fucking priceless. The only other time he probably made a face like that was when he was a 19 year old kid staring down the propellers of some axis force plane. Chick sees the face du is making and didnt mention her lingerie bash for the rest of the day.

While I do feel bad that her feelings were hurt. The amount of awkwardness between them while she was helping him could have been cut with a limp peen.

Man this has been a weird/lol week.

Went to McDonalds pull up to the window and the girl getting my food was singing that Chris Brown song "Look at me now" and she goes "look at me now, look at me now" She had no idea I heard her so she gets to the window and I said "fresher than a muhfucka"

............She dropped all my shit.

This shit is fucking hilarious.

you just have to embrace the fact that people are usually on autopilot and don't think about what they're saying or hearing (#sad, #thehumancondition, #whocares). at my old coffee shop, we'd try to go through entire transactions without saying anything but 'thank you' because people naturally say it/expect it, even when it doesn't make any sense in context of the conversation. instead of getting confused, customers usually got caught up in it, too.

customer: "hey, how's it going"

me: "thank you"

customer: (99% of people breeze past the first one cause they don't care about the response anyway) "right on. um, medium iced coffee"

me: "thanks"

customer: (looks confused. looks at total on the register, hands over money) "here you go, thanks."

me: "thank you." (make change, hand it back)

customer: "thanks"

me: "thank you."

setting: kickback I had back in highschool, we find the game guess who.

everybodys watching 2 friends play this first round...first question asked.

(I mean no disrespect to anyone)

Friend 1: IS YOURS A NIGGA?

Friend 2: (PAUSE)

EVERYONE ELSE

tumblr_logcfdzJVE1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Our black friend is standing right behind Friend 1.

GAME OVER.

been carrying furniture down 6 flights of stairs all day in the heat and im walking back up to get something and saying to my friend as we reach our open door "You know that show Swamp People? Ya it's about the dudes that live in my balls it's a fucking swamp"

landlord's husband is at the door checking out the bongs on the ground of our empty apartment and gives me a weird look and says "Dont Ferget Yer Glass"

having a conversation with my girlfriends mom about my relationship with her daughter, she looks me dead in the face and says, "I like you, but I dont want you to marry my daughter."

ouch.

but honestly what do you say to that? superawkward

....we've been together almost 3 years

having a conversation with my girlfriends mom about my relationship with her daughter, she looks me dead in the face and says, "I like you, but I dont want you to marry my daughter."

ouch.

but honestly what do you say to that? superawkward

....we've been together almost 3 years

It's probably because you're 21. She still views you as young and immature. And being a 21 year-old, she's probably right for the most part. Which is okay. Assuming you stay with this girl and don't do anything to piss her or the mom off, then by the time you hit your mid to upper 20s, the mom will be okay with you two getting married. If you two are looking for that kinda long term commitment in the future, of course.