Flat Head Party - September 7th - San Francisco @ Self Edge

kiya

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was seriously insane and overwhelming..

Thanks to everybody that came out, i have a newfound respect for our newer base of customers, i have some thinking to do and some ideas to act on.

The place was beyond packed a few times during the day, and a large crowd outside...

Next up?

William Gibson party, first week of November.

Thank you, Self Edge, The Flat Head, Kiya, Clay and Derek for putting on the party. I really enjoyed stopping by and checking out the new gear. And meeting the Flat head guys was exciting for me, though ultimately anticlimactic as all celebrity encounters are.

Thanks!

and is Gibson himself going to be at the November party? ahhhh too exciting. I did get to awkwardly shake hands with him once in the past, but to repeat this experience... and perhaps simultaneously mumble compliments about his work... briefly make eye contact then look away... to savor the moments of standing ten feet away waiting for a lull in his conversation so that I may go impose myself upon him...

Keep me updated, Kiya.

I don't ever whore out my blog, but I just posted up a video of conversation between Kiya of Self Edge and Mr. Kobayashi of Flat Head…discussing some cool things about denim and giving some insight on one of your favorite jean companies.

It's flickr video so no embedding allowed…side commentary by the lovely Ms. Self Edge, Cotton Duck, Corned Beef, and Ayn.

http://skidknee.net/blog/internet/kiya-and-flat-head-talk-denim

kiya_flathead.jpg