thread where you express your distaste for skater kids

low profile

Please elaborate..

I hate kids who rock Skate logo tees, skate logo hoodies, baggy jeans, and chunky skate shoes... most of whom can't even skate... but they definitely aren't 'fashion conscious'

I skateboard. But I don't really think it's reflected in the way I dress, at least not to the untrained eye.

Ive been skating since I was 10, now Im 31. I still skate every so often, take in a mini ramp occasionally.....roll down to the shop to grap a pack of lung darts. My knees are shot so no leaping off large sets of steps anymore.

You can't hate the skater kids, they are just doing what they are doing and having fun......real good fun. It was probably the most fun I have had in life, hanging with your bud's skating all day, not a problem in the world except if it's raining and whose gonna get the beer tonight. Hanging out, watching skate vids, building ramps, findng weird buildings with transitions.

I envy the skater kids.............now all my bros are in different countries with real jobs and kids!

I love heads who dont even know...

I've been skating dunks since 2001 when pro b's started showing up in skate shops across the border. Sb's are probally some of the best skate shoes I've ever skated in period. Im on my 3rd pair of Gino II's and I've never looked back...

Rocking skate gear in 2005 is like rocking bmx gear or whatever. Most of these brands are lifestyle brands primarly anyways. Kids getting there feelings hurt by kids wearing dunks is just funny to me.

I remember a time when rocking retro was obscene and passe, and vintage was the serious way to go!

Just my two cents

Quote:

the fact you are 'fashion conscious' does not excuse your behavior in every other aspect of life

--- Original message by low profile on Oct 20, 2005 03:40 PM

skater kids exist almost exclusively in the west coast,

where every kid wears some sort of skate brand.

the default look for a californian youth is to look like a skater/surfer.

the default look for a new york youth is to look like a rapper.

i dont know about the states inbetween, but i assume,

the youth look more liek skaters or football players...

you know...rock the suburbs.

grimey retarded

Skateboarding saved my life. Along with punk rock, then hiphop. As well as graffiti, then photography. It's all relative.

But if it wasn't for the art of skateboarding, I would never have met some of the greatest characters and good hearted people on earth. That's a fact.

Dont hate on skateboarders. Hate on that one dude who has your panties twisted.

And if you like dunks, then rock them shits. Who fucking cares what I think, or he thinks, or you think.

We're all fucking lame anyway.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

yeah... you know i used to hate on "skater kids", right, but i dont anymore. all the little punks who want to wear all skate companies, skate shoes, whatever, let em have it. most of the shit is just overpriced garbage anyways. i feel sorry for em more that anything... ive been skating for about 12 years now, and i gave up on the "skater" look long ago. at least its not everyone trying to copy the "superfuture" look... tho im sure thats the next big thing... raw japaneese ringxring veggie dye sb dunks...

Quote:

the fact you are 'fashion conscious' does not excuse your behavior in every other aspect of life

--- Original message by low profile on Oct 20, 2005 03:40 PM

this is the most retarded statement i've seen on superfuture in a long time (other than anything DCTMFC says)....

first off, they're kids....do you expect them to be dropping loads of cash on what you deam 'acceptable' clothes? i know i sure as shit didnt shop in boutiques as a kid....

and secondly, skating is a lot fucking better than going out for the varsity football team....i bet over half of us here grew up skating and still skate....your picking the wrong crowd to bitch to....

a thread to express our distaste for arrogant fashionistas sounds a lot better to me....

www.hecklewood.com

i hate skate style....its so blah.....i also have been skating for 7-8 years and gave up on that thing a long time ago.....but if you wanna rock that style...who cares....i dont think knocking people for what they wear is acceptable...never have, never will....let them be themselves...if that is lame to you....then so be it....

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Hating on skaters? wow that's something new.

It started out as any other fun sport then the haters came along

not understanding why these kids don't chase a ball

rebellion ensued and authority was chasing us out of ditches.

why are you concerned about a ditch? Oh yeah, liability and

law suits. Being put on the wrong side of the law for such minor

infractions still makes you against the man and so bred a culture

of rebellion,punk,skate and destroy. I've been skating since the

70's and though I don't do it as often I will never feel reassured

when I see a badge. As for style do you think Duane Peters and

Tony Hawk dress alike?