Nom De Guerre - Arabic Lettered Hoodie

rakis

I asked a friend who flies to New York regularly to check out NDG for me and was told that the NDG hoodie (with arabic letterings) goes for US$ 294 (before 8.625% tax)....

I've never seen it nor do I own anything from NDG but whoa!!! Also, apparently there is actually a waiting list for it as well...no guarantees you can cop one....the quality is deemed to be superb...anybody know anything more about this hoodie?

The jeans are also around US$300. Any info on this and experience with the jeans?

P.S. I remember reading that NDG got alot of hate....is that still the case?

There was a thread started about this hoodie awhile back.

I will give a summary:

People agreed that it was a little overpriced considering that it is just a hoodie, although the quality is good. Also, no one (not even someone who asked a salesman) knew what the words on it meant.

When I saw the photograph of it on their website I told myself that I must get it. However, hearing about how popular it is and the $300 price tag (and the fact that they will probably be churning out large ammounts of them soon because of the high demand) makes me think twice. I don't to spend $300 on something and have it turn into a huge trend a year later.

Edited by 134 on Oct 20, 2005 at 09:54 AM

Quote:

I asked a friend who flies to New York regularly to check out NDG for me and was told that the NDG hoodie (with arabic letterings) goes for US$ 294 (before 8.625% tax)....

I've never seen it nor do I own anything from NDG but whoa!!! Also, apparently there is actually a waiting list for it as well...no guarantees you can cop one....the quality is deemed to be superb...anybody know anything more about this hoodie?

The jeans are also around US$300. Any info on this and experience with the jeans?

P.S. I remember reading that NDG got alot of hate....is that still the case?

--- Original message by rakis on Oct 20, 2005 09:40 AM

its 272 and the jeans are 225 but they sell other companies jeans that cost more.

yes, if it's farsi please find out what is says asap.

cause if it's farsi, i want it.

:)

-k

ok, so it's arabic and it just says the designer's name...

this is from an email i just recieved from them:

-------------------

NOM de GUERRE in repeated arabic tile.

thanks. NdG.

-------------------

case closed,

kiya

nom de guerre does not mean "name of war."

from dictionary.com: nom de guerre: A fictitious name; a pseudonym.

i'm sure they didn't go and directly translate "name of war" into arabic, because that's not what the name means. it's a phrase. it would be like directly translating "cold as fuck" into spanish. it wouldn't make any sense.

and this hoodie doesn't make any sense anyways! it's so gaudy, the only person i've ever seen wearing it in person looked like a total douchebag.

korn feat. ice cube

Quote:

nom de guerre does not mean "name of war."

from dictionary.com: nom de guerre: A fictitious name; a pseudonym.

i'm sure they didn't go and directly translate "name of war" into arabic, because that's not what the name means. it's a phrase. it would be like directly translating "cold as fuck" into spanish. it wouldn't make any sense.

and this hoodie doesn't make any sense anyways! it's so gaudy, the only person i've ever seen wearing it in person looked like a total douchebag.

--- Original message by werdtoyourmoms on Oct 21, 2005 11:03 AM

Bahahahha... nom de guerre doesn't mean name of war?

You must really love your Freedom Fries and Freedom toast...

...that hoody is dope, i've seen it in person...that price is a little steep tho in my opinion as well. Went to SneakerPimps NYC at Club Avalon and seen one cat wearing it....it looked even better actually ON someone. props to that cat...for the dope fit