worst denim/trend/hype/

cheapmuthafukr

ok... since everyone on here loves to hate, lets see what you hate the most.

ill start...

baggy jeans- we all did it in 95... but its 2005

camo- if yr not in the army or the woods you just look stupid

BIG logos- lets everyone know that you paid too much... and is a easy way to compensate for real style

ok... now lets hear it kiddos

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOGOS - they just don't belong here. they never ever ever look good but rather ruins any garments theyre on. pisses me off when someone says something looks generic because it doesnt have identifying logos(check out the stan smiths thread. acne is way better than nudie, recognize!). I dont think I have anything with a logo on it actually.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Big logos. something nice, simple and subtle will do. real lovers of good, tasteful fashion will know that what matters most isnt the brands, its the quality, fit and the way it looks on you

and what i think is the worse trend? Overpricing cheap quality just because it's a brand label

Edited by DJ_Flame on Oct 20, 2005 at 09:08 AM

i haven't bought anything with a logo on it in a while, but i have some stuff, and sometimes a big logo looks nice on certain pieces, i'm not a fan or anything i usually hate it, but on some things i think it kinda looks nice, though indeed true style is more about how it looks on you and good quality etc.

''Don't be afraid to do stupid things, cause íf things wouldn't be stupid, everyone would be doing those things ''.

There's one other time when it's ok to wear camo, and that is if you are a bike messenger.

I hate the trend of wearing the tongues of your sneaks sticking straight up on the outside of your pants leg.

I've become somewhat numb to trucker hats, and they have mostly gone away, but I'll mention them anyway, same with "ironic" tee shirts, and anything on which the word abercrombie can be read from a distance of greater than two feet. But that last goes without saying here, I think.

ask a cassowary

I wear BDU camos all day. I would not wear it other than my duty hours of operation. But yes, I do like the digital Marine pattern too, but will not wear it.

Do you guys remember the brand JNCO, the creators of those HUGE wide leg jeans that ravers wear? Ahhhhh aweful. I guess the good thing about those, is that you can hide stuff in there, like a baseball bat.icon_smile_shock.gif

Jax

Quote:
Quote: rainbow explosion of tacky monogram

I feel ya on this one. how can a multitude of colors on a glaring monogram be nice?

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Oct 20, 2005 10:04 AM

hahhaha, i dont think it can??

though i wonder how many of the guys here would feel if you applied that same concept to their precious baby milo digs..

... it's a shame camouflage is a fad for you.

actually.

it's a shame if a lot of what you did or do could be categorized as fads.

it's only a craze when lame kids pick it up.

that doesn't dismiss how some aspects of shit should never die.

so you're blessed with taste.

great.

that doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.

Edited by won ton destruction on Oct 20, 2005 at 10:41 AM

Quote:

trucker hats?

camo?

baggy jeans??

what the fuck is going on here. those aren't trends. somebody go out on a limb, jesus.

here you go:

people with wack nike id studio creations ODing with five different reptile skins.

--- Original message by artificialsky on Oct 20, 2005 11:13 AM

news flash, trends can be localized.

I've never seen the hypebeast you described, but I am sure that would get old real fast

ask a cassowary

Quote:
Quote:

trucker hats?

camo?

baggy jeans??

what the fuck is going on here. those aren't trends. somebody go out on a limb, jesus.

here you go:

people with wack nike id studio creations ODing with five different reptile skins.

--- Original message by artificialsky on Oct 20, 2005 11:13 AM

news flash, trends can be localized.

I've never seen the hypebeast you described, but I am sure that would get old real fast

--- Original message by tangerine on Oct 20, 2005 11:19 AM

Things arent' a trend when barely any ppl know about it (Nike ID studios) Mine would definitely be ppl (dumbasses) leaving on the stickers of their New Era caps. Honostly, do you really have to let ppl know how big your head is?