Jump to content
makoxboi

Chrome Hearts

Recommended Posts

Love it. Been a fan and collector of Chrome Hearts for eight years now.

Especially when Leonard Kamhout was still there. The current line ain't that hot IMHO.

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow this is pretty exciting. nobody i know knows about chrome hearts. i have a mini collection, and my next purchase is probably gonna be one of their hoodies. and leonard kamhout! now taht's hot.

eodlover do you know where to get kamhout in america?

Edited by psyiko on Oct 20, 2005 at 12:03 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

wow this is pretty exciting. nobody i know knows about chrome hearts. i have a mini collection, and my next purchase is probably gonna be one of their hoodies. and leonard kamhout! now taht's hot.

eodlover do you know where to get kamhout in america?

Edited by psyiko on Oct 20, 2005 at 12:03 AM

--- Original message by psyiko on Oct 20, 2005 12:02 AM

Yeah. In LA. There's this select shop called "Naked".

Just ask around, but as far as I know, it's kinda hard to locate. Just go to Maxfield's and ask for direction.

Most of Leonard's shops are in Japan tho.

I think for clothes, A&G has better design. Go see some at Ebay.

You like Stanley Guess too?

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mess with Chrome Hearts bracelet for goodluck when i play bridge with my grandmother. she always beats me though.

whips purple and yellow, hello thats butter and jelly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont really like A&G it seems they are a cheaper copy of chrome hearts. stanley guess is okay, i like some of king baby. travis walker is too... i dunno, motorcycle? for me. i like gaboratory, now that this is hot. necromance has some alright stuff too. unfortunately im in NYC and a lot of this stuff is in LA so its difficult for me to get =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey do you guys know any reputable online stores wehre you can get this kind of jewelry? preferably in USA. o, i also love vivenne westwood's knuckle duster ring but the damn store in NY closed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of sounding sacrilegious, what are people's thoughts about the knockoffs you find on ebay? I'm talking about the real .925 silver stuff..not the cheap steel crap.

Isn't it essentially the same thing? As in you're getting the same gothic designs (gothic crosses, skulls, daggers, etc) at decidedly cheaper prices than chrome hearts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

hey do you guys know any reputable online stores wehre you can get this kind of jewelry? preferably in USA. o, i also love vivenne westwood's knuckle duster ring but the damn store in NY closed

--- Original message by psyiko on Oct 20, 2005 01:34 PM

Try twistonline.com. They have quite a selection. Including Chrome Hearts. I think they have an actual store front to in Seattle and Portland. Tax free.

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

At the risk of sounding sacrilegious, what are people's thoughts about the knockoffs you find on ebay? I'm talking about the real .925 silver stuff..not the cheap steel crap.

Isn't it essentially the same thing? As in you're getting the same gothic designs (gothic crosses, skulls, daggers, etc) at decidedly cheaper prices than chrome hearts?

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Oct 20, 2005 01:53 PM

IMHO, a fake will always be a fake. Be it a fake, 99% close to authentic Panerai watch with the same movement to a fake 925 sterling silver Chrome Hearts. They are just not the same.

For example, you rock BAPE. Would you settle for another unknown brand that has a monkey or chimpanzee? Chrome hearts is different compared to A&G as BAPE is different compared to XLARGE.

And regarding fake, they will always be a market for all these knock offs. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how much do bracelets cost? what's the general price range?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

how much do bracelets cost? what's the general price range?

--- Original message by herpsky on Oct 21, 2005 12:04 AM

The basic ID smooth chain bracelet would cost around $1300USD. The more difficult and complicated the pattern and design, the more expensive it is. And depends on whether you want some stones set on it or not.

My personal fave would be the Fancy Chain bracelet with Cross clip.

The leather bracelet with buckle (Double R+R Gunslinger) cost around $650USD.

They have bangles and charms too.

Chrome Hearts jewelry goes well with stuffs like Dior Homme, Cloak just to name a few, IMO.

And lastly, Chrome Hearts Gum arm band that costs around $4USD. And which I also happen to have a few extras if anybody's interested:-)

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like their hoodies a lot just because of the designs

as far as brands that make similar styles I say go for it, because in relation to jewelery its more about style then name. I actually like the styles of the guys doing other brands better then the ones chrome hearts do

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

I like their hoodies a lot just because of the designs

as far as brands that make similar styles I say go for it, because in relation to jewelery its more about style then name. I actually like the styles of the guys doing other brands better then the ones chrome hearts do

--- Original message by jjs home on Oct 21, 2005 12:43 AM

For clothing designs and styles, I totally agree. However, for their jewelry, Chrome Hearts is definately on a league of it's own. With the exception of Leonard Kamhout.

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite like their stuff but it's ludicrously priced - saw a nice oversized Zippo style lighter in Browns in London asked the price and they almost had to revive me when they told me it was £700. £700 for a puffed up Zippo - WTF?!?!?

Crazy Pig in Covent Garden does jewellery like this and it's so much better and resonably priced - they make the silver jewellery for all the rock gods you could think of so their credentials don't come much better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

Quite like their stuff but it's ludicrously priced - saw a nice oversized Zippo style lighter in Browns in London asked the price and they almost had to revive me when they told me it was £700. £700 for a puffed up Zippo - WTF?!?!?

Crazy Pig in Covent Garden does jewellery like this and it's so much better and resonably priced - they make the silver jewellery for all the rock gods you could think of so their credentials don't come much better...

--- Original message by Tyler on Oct 21, 2005 09:41 AM

I have the Zippo Chrome Hearts lighter. Tried to post some pics earlier, but still couldn't figure out how to.

If anyone's seen pictures of probably the best guitarist of all time, Keith Richards, he's always wearing a skull ring. It's made by Crazy Pig.

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love crazy pig too, i saw this one lighter that they made... so amazing. it was like covered in skulls and it was so beautiful.... too bad they dont sell them in america. anybody in NYC know where to get this kind of stuff? so far im jus stuck with chrome hearts and alex streeter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:

i love crazy pig too, i saw this one lighter that they made... so amazing. it was like covered in skulls and it was so beautiful.... too bad they dont sell them in america. anybody in NYC know where to get this kind of stuff? so far im jus stuck with chrome hearts and alex streeter.

--- Original message by psyiko on Oct 21, 2005 11:02 AM

Yes, I know that Stanley Guess (ex Chrome Hearts Chief Designer) also have skull lighter design. I think it costs more than the Chrome Hearts one for that particular model.

F*ck Fashion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have the amazing vintage rollex chrome hearts watch for sale ... i'm in London ... people are not into the whole chrome hearts vibe here so much ... i'm selling it as i'm going travelling and it was a gift from an ex-boyfriend

Trish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125