germany :: berlin :: general

sufu1

I've heard from a great deal of people that Berlin is a great place to study. Can any of you vouch for this?

And generally how's student life?

Yes, I can vouch for this. I think it's a not only a great place to study but a great place to live.

Edit: let me know if you want to know more

Edited by noobedloser

I've been looking to cop their classic wing t-shirt, (http://www.firmament...g_t-shirt_.html) but they only sell them in-store. Anyone in Berlin wants to lend a brother a hand?

Looking for a size M. Will pay for shipping and a token fee.

Located in Southern California if someone in Berlin needs a proxy for Union/Supreme/etc. I'll be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heading to berlin 9.4-9.7 for a work inspo trip. Going to berlin festival, and hopefully a solo mission to berghain. Got a reservation at the bannenbunker. Very excited for that. 

Any must hit spots, off the radar gems, foods, retail, or art that we need to see?

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back. Check out residentadvisor for parties. 

Highlights

Panorama bar/ berghain. Went friday night for get perlonized. Then Got in sunday 6pm to marcell dettman coming on. stayed for 12 hours by myself. Incredible experience. 

Soulfire Butteryfly shop - interesting local designer clothing and items. Decent prices. 

XXX store - must visit. Discover some new designers. 

Voo store - tons of cool things, really liked the mad et len fragrance range they carry.

Coco lo ramen - best meal. we didnt eat great in berlin, but this stood out. 

Sammlung Boros collection - ww2 bunker converted to house incredible private art collection. Must see, but the private tours are very limited, reserve well in advance.

Monster Kabinet - steampunk basement robot performance. The alley its in is a great destination to check some art upstairs at stackx gallery/store, and street art. Had some beers and met some local artists. 

flea markets- bought a skull taxidermy. 

club mate- wish i could find this tasty drink in usa, kept me going for the long days / nights. 

About Blank - good mellow option for techno/house. 

Urban Spree - playground for adults. Garden cafes, rock climbing, tons of street art, skate park, food carts ect...

lowlights

currywurst that was like 12/10 heat scale, dude said it was 3/5. almost died. would not eat again. 

• 4 weeks later...

for the poeple that dont want to wait 1h+ in some silly queues on fri/sat nights I can recommend stadtbad wedding and kosmonaut. especially stadtbad gives you a good impression about berlin clubbing, great location aswell. holzmarkt areal is pretty great too for sunday mornings/afternoons.

• 1 month later...

I'd say leave Berlin haha. but if not an option, Grießmühle sounds good, I was there quickly last nye and there was a good atmosphere, and this year the lineup is also pretty good.

Didn't want to create a new thread, so thought I would ask here instead.

Going to Karlsruhe for three nights in January. What's good to see and do? Restaurants etc.? Thinking to take a trip to The Black Forest but not sure if it's worth it? 

Might spend one of the days taking the ICE to Stuttgart or Mannheim. I've been advised to dodge Frankfurt as there's nothing much to do there. Oh and driving to France isn't an option as I have no plans to rent a car.

I was at the film museum there, I think that it's one of the best film museum I've ever been to. Contemporary art museum is decent. Town center is charming and the whole city is quite small so you can spend a day there and see most of it. Stuttgart has the Mercedes and Porsche museum if you are into cars, but I've never been there.

I was at the film museum there, I think that it's one of the best film museum I've ever been to. Contemporary art museum is decent. Town center is charming and the whole city is quite small so you can spend a day there and see most of it. Stuttgart has the Mercedes and Porsche museum if you are into cars, but I've never been there.

if you are into cars and you are in berlin, this is a nice place to see: http://remise.de/Classic-Remise-Berlin-english-summary.php

Didn't want to create a new thread, so thought I would ask here instead.

Going to Karlsruhe for three nights in January. What's good to see and do? Restaurants etc.? Thinking to take a trip to The Black Forest but not sure if it's worth it? 

Might spend one of the days taking the ICE to Stuttgart or Mannheim. I've been advised to dodge Frankfurt as there's nothing much to do there. Oh and driving to France isn't an option as I have no plans to rent a car.

If you´re into skateboarding, Karlsruhe´s got a great indoor skatepark. 

Stuttgart is difficult. It´s nice if you live there (I do), but idk if there´s something worth the trip with an ICE. 

• 1 month later...

This is sort of a general question but how does one (traveling from the US) get hold of a portable wifi router / SIM card for data in Germany and surrounding countries? 

I have an unlocked GSM android as well as a locked iphone 6. 

for a portable router I would suggest you to go to a big electronic market: media markt, expert or Saturn.

Prepaid SIM-Cards you can get in every Supermarket. But I would get one in each country you are visiting as it will be much cheaper!

have fun in berlin its amazing.. make sure you go to sisyphos (club) one day on the weekend - great vibe

Edited by hate