germany :: berlin :: general

sufu1

hahahha

yeah, what are you in town for?i like that place, it's one of the cool places in mitte & prenzlauer berg, i don't like the nightlife in those places though so much. lame people.

definitely check out ostgut / berghain, it's always good, but really really late into the night, like 4-6am???? on weekends. kreuzberg is ghetto but my favorite neighborhood, friedrichshain has the best clubs.

tell me when you're here, i can tell you what events are going on...

Edited by holly go lightly on Feb 10, 2006 at 02:06 PM

3/23 thru 3/25 (Just Thursday Night, Friday and Friday night... back to Barcelona on Saturday.)

I would really appreciate a good rundown of what to do... I like wiling out, doing drugs, and clubs with electro/house or hipster shit or eurocrunk or whaateverrrrrr.... No trance. No "underground hip hop."

I also like modern art, design, film, youth cultural centers and edgy galleries and boutiques.

Hit me up and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

IT GETS WACKER BY THE SECOND!

Edited by RedFoxxworth on Feb 10, 2006 at 05:14 PM

Quote:

it's been a few years since i have been to berlin, so i can't help too much on places to go, but if you skate def take your board ... it's an awesome city to skate in ....

--- Original message by Cue on Feb 11, 2006 02:16 AM

there are cool skating spots, like at the olympia stadium and at friedrichshain volkspark, but imo the cobblestones suck and you have to carry your board half the time, you can't really skate down the street because of the way the streets are made. there are some really nice skate parks that just opened too, especially at casseiopeia, if you're into ramps.

Quote:

3/23 thru 3/25 (Just Thursday Night, Friday and Friday night... back to Barcelona on Saturday.)

I would really appreciate a good rundown of what to do... I like wiling out, doing drugs, and clubs with electro/house or hipster shit or eurocrunk or whaateverrrrrr.... No trance. No "underground hip hop."

I also like modern art, design, film, youth cultural centers and edgy galleries and boutiques.

Hit me up and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

--- Original message by RedFoxxworth on Feb 10, 2006 05:13 PM

techno isn't my thing, but berlin is the capital of techno. there's a really good tresor techno night at maria (tresor closed down) on wednesday nights, and it's always full and very wild, but there is a crowd of the German equivalent of the guido... friendly, not so pretentios, but pretty trashy.

white trash is nice, so is dr. pong, the house music and electro parties are kind of scary, really metrosexual with lots and lots of hair gel. i'll look things up for you though.

as far as shopping goes, this is not the place for it... i like the illmatic store though. as for modern art, design, and stuff like that, the city's chockful of it.

RED FOXXWORTH PRESENTS YOU WITH:

ANOTHER CLASSIC SUPERFUTUREâ„¢ PRE-STREETWEAR INVASION QUESTION!!

So me and the wifey are going to Berlin. Real soon.

And we aren't like bunkbead broke but u know we can't spend alot because we need money for heavy shopping and substance abuse.

So if anyone knows any hostels or cheap bare bones hotels that aren't mad corny with private rooms with private bathrooms let me know plaaya.

Preferable under 100 euros total a night for the room.

Danke... thanks...

dude, can't remember the name of the place I stayed when there - but def book before you get there ... pensions/hotels etc etc are had to find and, although we had a car, we still spent hours trying to find a place to stay and it was a nightmare

Quote:

if you want a classy hostel that feels more like a nice hotel, die fabrik is nice, it's in kreuzberg

http://www.diefabrik.com/

german hostels are nicer than most hotels in other places... a double in a hostel is just as good as a hotel room imo

--- Original message by holly go lightly on Mar 1, 2006 08:42 PM

Not feeling the shared bathrooms, but the size of those rooms might be worth it!! They are pretty sick.

Holly, that Hotel Gunia above, is that in a decent location in your opinion?

Is Die Fabrik in a good area? I wanna be near the kids!!

Edited by RedFoxxworth on Mar 2, 2006 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:

if you want a classy hostel that feels more like a nice hotel, die fabrik is nice, it's in kreuzberg

http://www.diefabrik.com/

german hostels are nicer than most hotels in other places... a double in a hostel is just as good as a hotel room imo

--- Original message by holly go lightly on Mar 1, 2006 08:42 PM

Not feeling the shared bathrooms, but the size of those rooms might be worth it!! They are pretty sick.

Holly, that Hotel Gunia above, is that in a decent location in your opinion?

Is Die Fabrik in a good area? I wanna be near the kids!!

--- Original message by RedFoxxworth on Mar 2, 2006 08:15 AM

Die Fabrik is pretty decent. I stayed there for a few days last year and I really enjoyed the neighborhood. Some nice bars in the area, as well as a cool cinema called Eiszeit - worth checking out. Even some cool restaurants near the hostel. Not a lot of shopping action though, except for the record store across the street.

Keep those OLD SKOOL SUPERTALKâ„¢ questions coming.. :)

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

the fabrik is in kreuzberg so 36... there are cool shops there, mostly around oranienstrasse. there's a cool hip hop streetwear clothings tore at schlesisches tor too. and it's in walking distance of tons of cafes and clubs, it's more loft and artsy than mitte.

but realistically, like i said, if you're only there for two days, you'll wanna be in mitte, and if it's your first time in berlin you will want to see the reichstag and all that. but so36 is the coolest part of berlin imo

True. Thanks for all of your help.

This is what I ended up doing:

http://www.kuenstlerheim-luise.de/ for our first night (Monday).

Then it's off to Amsterdam.

Then when we get back to Berlin on Friday we are staying at the huge high rise hotel at Alexanderplatz cause maaad shit was booked and hostels are basically as much as hotels. I figured it would be good to have a grimey East Berlin night anyways.

Now I just need to find out where to party!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions (and sorry I didn't use them hahah!)

• 1 month later...

Mauerpark (during spring/summer only), Arkonaplatz and Boxhagenerplatz. Open on sunday only, I believe. But there are a lot of shops around Kastanienallee, Oderbergerstrasse and Schoenhauser Allee that sell interesting stuff. Go see for yourself.

Cheers.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

• 4 weeks later...

Hey.

I'm wondering if anyone knows good resources for an American who wants to live in Berlin for a while. Like how to get tour guide jobs or any other English speaking job, work visas, etc...

I'm sure someone here is savvy about this, I'd really appreciate some tips!

Danke

WWW.REDFOXXWORTH.COM