germany :: berlin :: general

sufu1

for sure, if I need more time I can get it. damn if it gets any colder...

the snow is cool though I heard it was just raining the past few months so I'm glad it's not that. 

edit: probably going to eat my 3rd kebab in a row

Edited by spaces

for those that get denied at berghain tonight... drone @ subland:

Open Doors: Midnight
Entrance: 8 Euro

----------------> Timeline <------------------

BIG ROOM
Armando Alibrandi 00:00 - 03:00
Under Konstruktion / Dj Fe 03:00- 04:30
NekRo Bot 04:30 - 06:00
A Ona Alessia 06:00 - end

SMALL ROOM
A/Ona 00:30 - 01:30
Lou Knpf 01:30 - 03:30
Diagenetic Origin 03:30 - 05:00
Mad Alba 05:00 - end

• 2 weeks later...

went to berghain last night, it was cool. 

anyone have experience getting any extension visa (student, residency, business?). 

Currently interning at acronym but I'd like to stay longer than the 90 days allowed, sucks if I'll have to leave. I could find a job or something but I don't really speak german. 

Presuming you're currently on a tourist visa right now, doing an unpaid internship? If Germany is anything like the UK, then there's no chance unless the company (Acronym) you're working at is willing to sponsor you a work visa. Alternatively, you could fly outside of the EU to a nearby European Country that isn't in the EU and reenter on another 90 day tourist visa. Norway and Switzerland spring to mind. Or... get hitched with a German chick.

Haha yeah, by sponsor you mean pay me as an employee I presume which I don't think is happening (lol). I could fly out of an EU country, that's 3 months of idle time though (unless I make it otherwise). I have a friend who lives in norway, seems a bit boring though. What if I paid Errolson, to pay me a fake salary, loophole(s) ? 

I meant fly out to Norway (or another nearby country outside the EU) and fly back to Berlin the same day or the next day. When you arrive in Berlin they'll stamp your passport with another 90 day tourist visa.

Edited by rirawin

yeah for sure, the thing is with the EU visa is that they'll allow you to stay for 90 days every 180 days. So I'd have to go away for another 90 days until they can reissue the same tourist visa for another 180 day cycle. 

limited options are limited. 

I might pay the consulate a visit soon. 

edit: you think maybe I could just apply for the general employment visa? 

see here: http://www.germany-visa.org/work-employment-visa/

however I only graduated high school and don't have any vocational requirements, (oops). worth a shot maybe though. 

Edited by spaces

Anyone here that can chime in on how often police check/enforce bike safety rules? Was thinking about bringing my fixed gear next time, but from what I understand German law requires you to have 2 brakes.. Which I do not. And Berlin police enforce it pretty harshly apparently? 

Anyone here that can chime in on how often police check/enforce bike safety rules? Was thinking about bringing my fixed gear next time, but from what I understand German law requires you to have 2 brakes.. Which I do not. And Berlin police enforce it pretty harshly apparently? 

I've been living here for some time now and the police never checked on me and my bike...they're pretty busy with other stuff i suppose. if they check on you the first time they will give you a warning, but if they catch you a second time without brakes, etc. they will confiscate the bike. just add a brake on one wheel and you won't get in trouble

A friend of mine got a verbal warning once for not having brake on an old Dutch bike, but they let him go, same for another friend with no light. You'll be fine with 1 brake. None is a bit suicidal anyway unless you ride slow and safe.