germany :: berlin :: general

sufu1

Well you definitely need to go to Berghain/panoramabar. Crazy club! You need women to get in tho.

I know this is from like three years ago, but oh so wrong. Berghain was originally a gay nightclub, and it is definitely NOT the kind of club you can show up at with women and expect guaranteed entry...

• 1 month later...

I'll be in berlin from the 31st to the 3rd, coming back in march too for a longer stay.

any idea of current exhibitions i shouldn't miss ? i have a local there with me and am not really staying long enough but any info would be nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

kater holzig and sisyphos are some good underground clubs to check out- very 'vivid' scene at those spots if you know what i mean (not gay-centric if thats what you're thinking). rumor has it the same people who own berghain/panorama run those clubs as well.

+1 for the shops in hakescher markt- great selection of stores.

get a gemuse kebap from mustafa's. one of the best in the city! miss that place.

I was there last weekend and in terms of shopping the highlights for me were:

Civilist

Primitive

Firmament

Soto

Also might be worth checking out Stab, New Era, Kickz.com and Solebox.

The kebab stand just up from Civilist is super cheap and make an incredibly tasty donor, highly recommended for a lunch time stop off.

• 3 months later...

I will soon open a proxy from Berlin but you can already request stuff via PM before I actually set it up (early September when I definitely move there).

Apparently the Bar25 guys also opened another spot just a few weeks ago called Chalet, it's literally right next to Club Der Visionaere

I'll be in Berlin from the 26-5 or so if any other SuFu peeps will be around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gals and guys -

very impressive list of recommendations for Berlin, I feel there's nothing to add.

Except for my offer of proxy service from here, in case anyone wants to acquire something and can't actually come here him-/herself.

Prime denim, alas, is hardly really cheaper than elsewhere, though there's the odd sale here and then.

Hit me up with a PM if you need anything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My best Berlin shops are at the moment;

Darklands | Avantgarde and artisan Mecka | Heidestrasse (way off the beaten track... but worth the hassle!)

Apartment | For you RO fans | Munzstrasse

Yoo | Margiela, Damir Doma et | Steinstrasse

Orimono | Stocking Obscur, Aleksandr Manamis, V AVE Shoe Repair etc | Mulackstrasse

Andreas Murkudis | Berlin multilabel institution

bisou!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also planning to visit Berlin for 2 days then to Stuttgart in the month of April. Is there any events/gigs/sales etc happening during the first two weeks of april? Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...