location vs. classes?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

what would you say is more important for higher education? i think there's infinitely more opportunity for everything in a place like la or nyc.

classes can suck, but the location will provide fun and enrichment, and real world experience?

or is a degree and valuable classes more important?

you?

well LA and NY both have good schools to offer...so if you can get into them, that would be the best combo

Yo... who the fuck brought me this chocolate shit, man?

I said a banana nutriment, man

Ya'll heard the fuck I said... I gave you.

I wrote it on the fuckin' paper, man

Ya'll muthafuckas always fuck around and forgettin' something and shit

Smart dumb niggaz and shit, runnin' around here and shit

Ya'll niggaz need to wisen up, man, yo..

Fuck that special ed, shit

Depends what you're studying. If you're heading to an art school then hit the major cities, or the departments with heavyweight reputations. Studying in a big city will be hella tough while you're a student, but if it has its own established creative scene it'll present you with the networks and opportunities you need to support your career or practice once you're out in the world on your own.

If you're doing something academic, well that's different. No one gives a shit about graduates in the real world and you're still going to end up working in an office somewhere, so head for the college that swings like god's own cock and go hard like a fist for three or four years.

it really, really depends on what you're looking for out of your "college experience." personally, i dont care much for football games or keggers or even being on a campus, because being surrounded only by students really seems boring to me. for me, college is more about preparing for a career, and i think that being in an urban environment and treating school as work will help me with that. i recommend visiting a few schools that offer degree programs and classes that youre interested in, in different settings (urban/suburban/rural) and seeing which feels most right for you.