Dior Homme raw denim

Fuuma

How much do the made in japan ones go for?

How would you compare them to other tight fit raw denim jeans?

Would you size up/down or stay the same size for the 19CM ones (actually 17CM...)?

How much do they stretch compared to other raw denim?

Do they age gracefully?

Many thanks

They have a 37'' inseam.

In they US they are between $250 and $400. Japan might be a bit more expensive. Dior Homme runs a little small, so you should probably stick to your size or go just one size down because they do strech.

I have never seen an old pair of Dior Homme raw jeans, but they probably fade pretty well consider how slim the cut is (slimmer cuts fit closer to the body and crease more).

I don't even know if the 17 cm openings are available for the regular raw jeans, but if they are I would avoid them. Some of his pants are very difficult to sit down in and others are impossible. These jeans, although not raw are probably 19 cm opening:

00027m.jpg

They strech about the same ammount as other raw denim jeans. I would go down in sizes until you feel like you need a larger size.

How tight they are depends on what waist size you are wearing. 30'' and below is extremly slim cut, especially in the thighs. There isn't really a point to wearing Dior Homme above size 30 unless you are extremly tall.

Edited by 134 on Oct 16, 2005 at 07:45 PM

whow, i like those a LOT.

price? any idea how much these cost at the dior homme store in vegas?

-k

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

whow, i like those a LOT.

price? any idea how much these cost at the dior homme store in vegas?

-k

--- Original message by kiya on Oct 17, 2005 02:20 PM

those are the s/s 05 orange overdyes...not available anymore in retail boutiques as far as I know. They were $465...this season there is a newer version of that jean, but it's more faded and has a reddish tint throughout the legs (although a word of warning: I heard that 'paint' wears off fast after a few washes compared to the dye of past seasons). This season's version is also $465, and there's one with zippers on back pockets which is like $550.

I picked up a pair on ebay that were ID'd as being from S/S '03 (edit: ID'd thanks to Fade to Black). Raw, Japanese denim.

Measurements for a pair tagged 48 were:

Waist - 17.5"

Rise - 10.5"

Inseam - 39"

Leg - 8.5"

Measurements after a warm/cold wash:

Waist - 17"

Rise - 10.25"

Inseam 37.5"

Leg 8.5"

I washed them right off the bat since I didn't want an extra pair of pants bunched at the calfs and had every intention to get them altered. I'm normally a 31" inseam in trousers with no break.

They fit frigging awesome btw. I am normally a 31" (waist) in mostly everything else... and these ones definitely sit low on my hips. I'll post pics when I get them back from the tailors.

Edited by gunpwdr on Oct 17, 2005 at 07:48 PM

so i'm hearing that they cost 465?

or 350?

why the different prices?

did they jump in price early this year?

-k

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

so i'm hearing that they cost 465?

or 350?

why the different prices?

did they jump in price early this year?

-k

--- Original message by kiya on Oct 17, 2005 08:14 PM

The orange overdye jeans (the pic you referred to as being the one you liked) are $465 at retail. There are no distressed jeans model $350 or under...cheapest for distressed jeans from DH is the 'frost' jeans, which are $385.

The cheapest pair they have there is $340 ($420, $440, $480 are the cost of the other ones, I converted to USD). That website is legit and they have an actual store in London that carries those items and more.

Those jeans look like they have 21 cm openings, which is Dior's widest opening. They ones photographed are probably around waist size 32-34 and the thigh is probably 10-12 inches, which is pretty tight for people with that waist size unless they are very tall.

Dior with 21 cm opening above waist size 30 fits pretty much like normal slim cut jeans. 19 cm openings size 30 and below is very tight. Don't even get me started on 17 cm opening...

luisaviaroma.com and eluxury.com also sell Dior Homme.

Edited by 134 on Oct 18, 2005 at 02:08 PM

After 1.5 months of wearing my raw DH, I could now say I'm very happy and satisfied with it. It stretched just like my orange overdye. Which means you don't have to go a size down in the raw. There are already noticeable fades but not photo worthy yet to post. Maybe in 5mos. I get a lot of compliments from chicks and asking me what brand are these.

He said his ones are size 48 (European) Dior is the exact same thing as size 32 pants Dior (just different tags). His jeans measure 17.5'' across (before washing) which means that they are 33''. Label size 32 pants usually are between 33.5-34.5 inches. However, Dior denim streches out fairly quickly and is labeled dry clean only. So the first time you wear the jeans they are going to feel too small, but after one or two wears they fit true to size.