sidneylo

Seattle Meetup (Pt. II)

Okay, Diamonds and I will have our plans solidified by tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking that instead of coming to Vancouver and then going down to Seattle, he'll just take the Clipper. It's cheaper and faster.

So, the question is now whether or not we'll go down on Friday night or Saturday morning. There's a very good chance we'll be booking into that Green Tortoise Hotel. But, if someone wants to host us for the first night we'd be very grateful, and bring down a bag of Canadian goods.

Edit: Actually, the more I check out this hostel, the better it looks. So, do we have enough people to book up all the beds in a 8 Person Mixed Dorm?

Good news everyone:

Green Tortoise people say:

We do have availability for a group for the 12th to the 15th. The cost

is $25 per person ($25x8people=$200). Because of the size of your

group, we request that this amount is prepaid by credit card. Also,

there will be a $100 cash security deposit when you arrive. That

deposit is refundable so long as the you follow hostel rules (no

smoking, eating or drinking in the rooms....don't hurt the common

area....). If you have any other questions feel free to email us back.

Thanks!

-The GT Team

So, should I book it? Is everyone coming on the Friday night? How many people are there, actually? -- we need an exact number.

I don't see the point in staying two nights but I guess I will.

e: $25 per night right?

Well, I was thinking like -- is everyone leaving on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning? I can also book the room for just one night, or whatever.

And yeah, $25/night. I think their normal price is $38, so this is a pretty decent deal.

I'm in for the room.

diamonds, timber, DÜM, Toto, U MAD, evan = 6 though.

WOO HOO!

I want to book this but I don't want to suddenly be paying extra because of confusion. So, it is okay if we book the room from Friday, December 12th - Monday December 15th?

i was thinking we were only staying there one night? I am ok for two, no preference really.

Estimated Time: 13 hours 34 minutes Estimated Distance: 836.81 miles

is there anything cool on the drive from san francisco to seattle

there is a possible road trip in the works

It's a nice drive but I can't remember anything special (although we were trying to get there as fast as possible so we didn't really stop much)

Depending on what/where I'd probably be game for a meetup

I might only get to see y'all for one day. Gonna go ski n' shit

Shit... just realized I have training Saturday and Sunday up at Snoqualmie (going to be instructing this year), count me out unless something is happening Monday afternoon/evening :(

You guys, the hotel would be booked for three nights (we go down on the train at 5pm on Friday) -- stay Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. The price isn't bad -- $75/each in total. That's less then one night at a shitty motel.

Jermaine will take us to this American place a few states over where you get to pet bear cubs and bottle feed wolves.

Okay, here's the offical plan:

December 12th, 2008

5:45pm - Train Departs from Vancouver ($30)

10:05 - Train Arrives In Seattle

Arrive at Hostel

For those going from Van - Seattle on the train, book it early. It fills up fast.

That's basically it. We'll have the place until Monday. I was just thinking, even if someone doesn't show up, it'll still only be like $30/night which is cheap.

wooo hooo! I love being anal and planning things.

EDIT: I'm starting to think we should just book the hostel for Friday+Saturday night. Do most people have to go home on Sunday night, or can people leave Monday morning?

I think that would be better I'm usually sick of Seattle after two days, even with you lovely people. Also that would cut down on costs decently imo. seems to me most of the time spent on the extra day would be sleeping = bad value.

Okay I'm going to book the hotel for December 12th (Friday night) and also December 13th (Saturday night). Is that better?

Okay, cool. So this means ppl will have to bus back on Sunday night, instead of taking the train on Monday morning. I will book everything! NOW!!

it's kinda sad I'll be just a much a visitor as the canadians.

what bus are the victorians taking back? I figure I might as well book the same one because when I get back sunday doesn't really matter to me.

I am posting in this thread so I will magically be subscribed to it.

Hey Seattle music people --- Six Organs of Admittance is playing a free in-store tomorrow at Wall of Sound at 5PM. I just remembered about that so I am posting about it here.

i am def visiting blackbird

and scaring diamonds from staircases

Blackbird, Ian, The Industry, Atsui, and Kuhlman are probably the best boutiques in Seattle

Okay everyone, I have booked the hostel. We are good for two nights at a pretty nice joint, with free breakfast. I need to have a finalized list of everyone that will 100% be staying with us...so please post if you are for sure. Is Mrip still coming?

I'm for sure, I haven't decided if I'm driving or not yet.

m e

List: Alex, Jermaine, Devlin, Sarah, Evan, Tom, Lars = confirmed

We can actually accommodate two more people because Devlin and I are bunking up.

• Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125