Seattle Meetup (Pt. II)

sidneylo

how come y'all fuckers hide when im in town??? =[

At the time I doubt anyone would have wanted to meet/associate with me. If memory serves this was before (?) the resolution of my Ebbets fiasco.

you guys wanna meet at hailxenu's shop a bit earlier than noon? 

I am down to try and get to Trichome more like 10:30-11:00 AM, or are we thinking more like 11:30-11:45? Whatever gets more of the group together works fine for me.

I visited last Monday for Raw but didn't see anyone.

Still want to make the Vancouver pilgrimage and meet up with the Sufu clan there. In fact if any of the Seattle group would be interested it'd be cool to do an area meetup in the future, maybe post-new year? I think that'd be great.

Last night to finalize arrangements and things are still up in the air. I am aiming to arrive at Trichome by 11:30, hang out, walk/bus back to Capitol Hill, eat lunch at the Honey Hole unless we end up getting dim sum with HailXenu, check out Totokaelo, and head back home.

My current itinerary is getting on the bus to cap Hill at 10:45 (clearly I was ambitious in my earlier planning, my fault), get to Cap Hill around 11:30, hang at Totokaelo from 11:50-12:15 in hopes of catching Alex(didn't see him post again so I don't know if they've adjusted their plans or not) walk to Trichome, eat lunch afterwards. I'd like to say I'll be at Trichome by 12:45 or so based on this but it'll be a hike.

nobody stopped by but thats ok, very last minute.  

im really down to do a sufu event here at the shop.  our grand opening party had about 150 people roll through, and at any given time that night, there was about 60+ people in the shop partying.  here are some party pictures for yall to get a better idea of what the location is capable of.  

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.672587776094858.1073741832.562058567147780&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.678940138792955.1073741833.562058567147780&type=3

i wanna do something fairly big and get the portland and vancouver bc peeps in here too.  lemme know whos interested. spread the word, maybe i'll contact some mods to get this thang official. 

Edited by hailxenu

^ just left town but love the idea of a big event, I've been meaning to pick up some of those wooden joint case things from you guys. been thinking about coppin a pax bloom too but only thing holding me back is the thought of being able to vape on the dl at any given time might not be the best thing for my addictive personality. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle meetup in the new year? Finally past the holidays so work will be slowing down for me so while I look for a second job/new job I am more free to find a way to meetup.

• 1 month later...

Anyone heading downtown sometime soon? I usually take the 512 or 522 into downtown and then walk the rest of the time I am down there. I've mostly explored Capitol Hill, but food, clothing, music are all in abundance. Annapurna Cafe and Honeyhole are both great places to grab food (Indian/Nepalese; barbecue sandwiches. Both offer veggie/vegan options if that's an issue. Should run around $10-15 either place). Totokaelo's a good place to stop in (obviously). Spin Cycle Records + other assorted record shops (there's one right across from Totokaelo for example) if anyone wants to chat music and dig around.

New Miro exhibition at the Seattle art museum ($19.50 unless you're a member or student, $12.50 if a student). This could be combined with adventuring the 16 or so blocks to Trichome and hanging with Hailxenu. Still bummed about the last attempt at a get together falling through when people were busy. It happens, but it'd be great to see the Seattle Sufu community hanging out.

Anyone have plans for next Sunday, February 23? Or we could plan two weeks out. It seems there's a lot of people who visit sufu but don't spend more hours than they should on this site (they are smarter than me in many ways).

this is hailxenu (name change)

wherever yall go, make trichome either a stop or the end portion.  we usually spin music and do weekly cool down sessions on sundays (living room vibez), ends round 7-8 depending how crackin it gets.  i can pick up beer.

the more the merrier, come kick it. come by after ebbets or something.

I don't know how into Miyazaki sufu is, but I've been watching his movies ever since my uncle sent me a VHS copy of Totoro when he was living in Taiwan along with a Totoro clock that apparently sang the entire time it was traveling. Lots of fond memories with Miyazaki, and Cinerama at 4th and Lenora is showing his final film, The Wind Rises, starting this Friday. If anyone is interested on Sunday we could make it part of the itinerary.

^ thanks for the heads up, definitely wanna catch that sometime, but it might be rushed on sunday since that's like 2-3 hours. I propose we meet at oddfellows at 2-2:30, kick it in cap hill for a while, then head to trichome, preferably around 4:20

I see three numbers and an established plan. Does anyone have food allegies/dietary restrictions? I bake 4-5 times a week and I'd be happy to bring down some cookies/baked goods. Current favorites: molasses/ginger cookies, oatmeal raisin, chocolate crinkle (these are fantastic), plain chocolate chip, and brownies.

I'm personally of the opinion that the more people we have the better this turns out.

Headed down to the grocery store to pick up baking ingredients/food as I just got off work. I'll make sure to bake a batch of 18 or so cookies so hopefully everyone gets two?

For those unfamiliar with downtown/Trichome's location, it will be a 1.6 mile walk from Totokaelo/Oddfellows. If you're up for it, I think it's a pleasant walk. No better way to see a city than on foot in my book, but we could also take bus route 60 to 9th AVE and Alder and walk from there. Just remember to bring an ORCA card/exact change. Never any fun to lose money to buses from not having change.

Edited by Northwest

Cookies are baked, got change for the bus, rep-worthy fit (hopefully) assembled, and I will see you all around 2. Glad we're all making the effort to meetup, and I think Trichome is definitely going to wind up being a highlight of the trip.