Seattle Meetup (Pt. II)

sidneylo

Driving to pick up members for the meetup. Might be a few minutes late to Oddfellows.

• 1 month later...

Headed to Trichome, the Arc'teryx store, and the general downtown area this Sunday or Monday. If anyone is interested in hanging out/has an idea of something fun to do I'm down. I know rock climbing was suggested at one point, there's a lot of good places to eat, etc. I was planning on bussing but if anyone wants a ride PM me and we can try to work something out.

• 1 month later...

Anyone down for Miro at the Seattle Art Museum on Sunday? Exhibition closes May 26th.

• 3 weeks later...

Seattle is amazing June-August. If you haven't been before, you should definitely check it out. Pretty transient friendly, im sure you can find a way to mooch if you hang around downtown or pikes place.

• 3 weeks later...

Who's down for another Seattle meetup? Weather has been absolutely outstanding as of late and I'm downtown nearly every weekend. Post up in the thread if you're traveling through town (as Akuma did). As soon as I get my job/living situation settled I should have a place for people to crash at, which certainly helps cost when you're considering attending meetups.

Going to be visiting Seattle on the 7th to the 17th, if anyone would be down to chill/eat/skate/sneak into karaoke bars (under 21) it would be pretty cool.

Don't think I have anything going on the 7th! PM me if you're going to be available and we can work out the details from there. If not the 7th, I should be free on the 13th or 14th and we can try to meet up then.

I'm going to be busy on the 13th, so the 14th works out for me fine. I'll dm you if anything pops up though. Where would you like to meet up/What would you want to do?

Depends on what you're up for! I've been considering bouldering at SBP, a lot of good theatres in the area with a wide variety of movies, Trichome is a great hang out spot, plenty to eat, great city to walk around in, decent downtown core if you want to wander through some stores or find people-watching amusing, and Capitol Hill has the oft-mentioned Totokaelo amongst other attractions.

Another successful meetup! *celebrates*

tumblr_n8tm125CmD1qeiyqio1_1280.jpg

northwest // hamham3001 // polygamy

tumblr_n8sz3xiCV21qeiyqio3_1280.jpg

the beautiful Mary Jane of Trichome Seattle

tumblr_n8sz3xiCV21qeiyqio2_1280.jpg

Went for sandwiches at Delicatus

tumblr_n8sz3xiCV21qeiyqio5_1280.jpg

First time dabber with Dustin of Trichome

All in all a great time, although sad that we missed bruised! Hopefully next time things will actually be planned a week or two in advance rather than... a few minutes before haha.

Invitation remains open to anyone stopping through Seattle to hang out. Current work schedule means I'm always off Sundays and Mondays.

Still interested in the idea of a superfuture swap meet. I love print/movies/music but I don't need to hold onto the same things forever. Old stuff for new to me old stuff sounds like a plan, especially considering most people on here have cultivated tastes I enjoy.

^ dBridge is playing in sodo that night (drum and bass producer) otherwise would be down

anyone going to CHBP this weekend? wasn't really planning on going but FOMO is prob gonna get me

I think I'll go down on Sunday to hang out on the hill and would be more than glad to see acts I've never heard of. 

Despite Dum Dum Girls being the multi-year girl band crush, I'd like go see Rocky. Crowd should be out of control.

Edited by Northwest

• 2 months later...

Really need to work on getting this kind of thing planned out earlier but Alex and I are headed Seattle tomorrow afternoon/evening. If you're down to hang out, let us know.

I got really emotional when you left, dude. You can't keep doing this to me...

TresUnCool: "I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently."

Northwest: "And I can't give you that. Nobody can."

• 1 month later...

S2qe7sH.jpg

We're unlikely to see weather like this anytime soon, but if you have rain gear Seattle in the winter isn't all bad.

Reminder of upcoming events:

Frye Art Museum is doing a free panel on social media and the internet as a medium Thursday December 4th, 6-7PM. This is the same day as the Seattle Art Museum does the free first Thursday of the month, so if people are interested it could be a combined trip.

Free tour of the Paramount Theatre on the first Saturday of the month, December 6th, 9:45AM-11:30AM. Great way to see the Paramount without paying for a show.

Trichome is going to be doing elevated coffee December 21st. If possible, get there early. After both the Stranger and the Seattle Times ran articles on the event it has drawn a crowd, but in a good way. I always end up talking with someone interesting, last time being with a guy who had made his own tall tee style nylon baseball shirt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Open invitation to see Mad Max: Fury Road on the largest screen that can be found next weekend if anyone is interested in meeting up. Everything I've read (and seen) has me convinced the extra cost will be well worth it.