Seattle Meetup (Pt. II)

sidneylo

Okay, Diamonds and I will have our plans solidified by tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking that instead of coming to Vancouver and then going down to Seattle, he'll just take the Clipper. It's cheaper and faster.

So, the question is now whether or not we'll go down on Friday night or Saturday morning. There's a very good chance we'll be booking into that Green Tortoise Hotel. But, if someone wants to host us for the first night we'd be very grateful, and bring down a bag of Canadian goods.

Edit: Actually, the more I check out this hostel, the better it looks. So, do we have enough people to book up all the beds in a 8 Person Mixed Dorm?

Good news everyone:

Green Tortoise people say:

We do have availability for a group for the 12th to the 15th. The cost

is $25 per person ($25x8people=$200). Because of the size of your

group, we request that this amount is prepaid by credit card. Also,

there will be a $100 cash security deposit when you arrive. That

deposit is refundable so long as the you follow hostel rules (no

smoking, eating or drinking in the rooms....don't hurt the common

area....). If you have any other questions feel free to email us back.

Thanks!

-The GT Team

So, should I book it? Is everyone coming on the Friday night? How many people are there, actually? -- we need an exact number.

Estimated Time: 13 hours 34 minutes Estimated Distance: 836.81 miles

is there anything cool on the drive from san francisco to seattle

there is a possible road trip in the works

It's a nice drive but I can't remember anything special (although we were trying to get there as fast as possible so we didn't really stop much)

Depending on what/where I'd probably be game for a meetup

Okay, here's the offical plan:

December 12th, 2008

5:45pm - Train Departs from Vancouver ($30)

10:05 - Train Arrives In Seattle

Arrive at Hostel

For those going from Van - Seattle on the train, book it early. It fills up fast.

That's basically it. We'll have the place until Monday. I was just thinking, even if someone doesn't show up, it'll still only be like $30/night which is cheap.

Okay everyone, I have booked the hostel. We are good for two nights at a pretty nice joint, with free breakfast. I need to have a finalized list of everyone that will 100% be staying with us...so please post if you are for sure. Is Mrip still coming?