1920' Fashion

I'm attending a historic ball in two weeks with a 1920's inspired theme. Any suggestions on where to look for photos and info on proper attire? It doesn't have to be 100% accurate, but anything that relates to that time period would be great.

assuming you're a gentleman (or even if you're a lady, for a bit of inter-war lezzer action), surely you want to go for a bit of the old white tie? That is to say:

white cotton pique bow tie

dress shirt, ideally with a starched front

white cotton pique waistcoat (ie vest)

black dress trousers with satin stripe down seam

Patent shoes (ideally lanvinz)

Plus of course the tailcoat. This is cut with a long tail at the back, very short and double breasted at the front, with satin peaked lapels, like a DJ.

Possible accessories include:

Top hat

White gloves

Cane

White cotton pique scarf

Medals, if you've got 'em

Note if u rock this style it's important your waistcoat doesn't come below your jacket. If it does it's a sure ting that you rented your outfit rather than inherited it like you're supposed to. Here's a photo illustrating the difference:

275px-First_family_and_Elizabeth_II_2007_%28outside%29.jpg

here's a vid of some upper class stereotypes at just such an event:

h2YiaAyM2DY

Note u can also rock this with a kilt if you're from a well known scottish family.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm thinking slightly more casual than what was mentioned by Lloyd. Probably more along the lines of some of the shots posted on thesartorialist. I began my search today but didn't have much luck. Hopefully I'll have a little more success soon.