New denim/menswear shop in leeds

Good link Eccles, will be watching with great interest,

I must confess to being dubious as to whether this venture will succeed despite the Uk being

bursting with punters
, I'm unsure how appealling a lot of this product will be once the tax man has had his way, with everyone so used to paying US or Proxy prices for this sort of thing.

If you count how many comparable UK stores have shut up shop over the past year or so, you'd have to be pretty brave starting out right now but that's just me being negative really, I do wish them the best of luck and I look forward to there being this kind of outlet in the UK.

You lucky northerners! Damn, we're in the capital city, bursting with punters desperate for Japanese denim and we've got to go up north to sample the wares. S'not fair.

I'll second that!!!:(

I emailed the guys and they say they plan to be opening from the 19th of July and the official Launch Party is the 26th if you email them from the address on the site you can get an invite

If you count how many comparable UK stores have shut up shop over the past year or so, you'd have to be pretty brave starting out right now but that's just me being negative really, I do wish them the best of luck and I look forward to there being this kind of outlet in the UK.

The thing it seems with a shop like this from the way BIG and Self Edge run is that they have a dedicated customer base and the one on one service/ability to physically see and feel the merchandise is what breeds success so I hope this place ( sucky name though) will be of a similar caliber

It will certainly be interesting to see how the prices compare to big/selfedge in terms of denim, but Im just happy that there will be a place for me to go and drool over nom de guerre within walking distance of my flat!!

Anyone thinking about going to the opening night thing?

Popped in this afternoon and had a look round as they were open good selection already flathead shirts, skull sda and warehouse denim, acne and apc jackets etc had a chat with the fella who called me on the sucky name comment (sorry dude) it seems they are

aware of teh future so watch this space for hookups /discounts

I'm busy the weekend of the opening but if your around check it out nice place nice people

Walked past this afternoon too, defintely looks good. Im glad they are aware of sufu, hookups/discounts etc would be most welcome.

Im still a little confused as to why they chose to stock SDA, given that Hip already have a decent selection, but I guess competition isnt neccessarily a bad thing.

yeah, I dropped them a line today and got a quick response, its hard to pull the trigger on new denim when they are saying they're about to offer some discount codes!

The guy gave me quick run down on their denim stock too, guess I should have posted that while I was in work!

I hope the prices are not as bad as super denims ( which seem jacked to me, but maybe im just not taking proxy fees id usually have to pay in account )

There are a few nice denim shops in the UK now, artisanal japanese brands are definately popping up more and more - , Bespoke Boutique, Super Denim and now Kiosk - - however im not sure itd work- although Kiosk is pretty much my dream denim store ( has a selection id actually mix up myself if I was starting up ) - im not sure right now is a good time to launch a luxury clothing store for a niche market - ? - Ill do my best to support em though.

Hint hint guys -

A list of what models you have from each brands would be greatly appreciated

its hard to pull the trigger on new denim when they are saying they're about to offer some discount codes!

The guy gave me quick run down on their denim stock too, guess I should have posted that while I was in work!

I should say discounts etc is purely speculative on my part although the chap did ask how to go about providing product through the site I assume they will have a presence once the sufu gods approve

Hint hint guys -

A list of what models you have from each brands would be greatly appreciated

By no means definitive but I saw

Flathead F350

Skull 5010 reg and 6x6

didn't check SDA

and Warehoue Warren

I'm sure this is only for the time being and more will be available later

nah man, he mentioned them(discounts) to me too

they told me they had these in:

Skulls in stock are 5010xx 6x6 (one wash) and 5507xx 6x6 (one

wash)

APC New Standards

Warehouse Warrens,

S'DA 101's and 103's

Flathead F310, F350 and F380's

Said Skulls would cost £175 due to imprt duty etc, which isn't a huge difference to BiG when you factor in postage and that you may be caught for duty yourself?

Maybe this should migrate to SuperDenim now?

Shop sounds great fella. Shame us londoners don't have an equivalent.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondered down towards the bottom of Briggate last week and saw someone walk past with cuffed selvage so I knew I was heading the right way.

Nice sleek store and plenty of stock, interesting to see the jeans you read about in the flesh. I'll certainly be coming back and buying stuff soon! Hope this place lasts.

What the fuck?

These guys straight took ALL the descriptions i wrote for the Self Edge website and paraphrased all of it for their own product pages for Flat Head.

How fucking lazy can you be?

No way is it miles cheaper if you're based in UK or Europe after import taxes handling etc, far from it. Plus you have the luxury of being able to send these back easily without costly shipping if the fits not right. The way the $ is going against the £, these bad boys will be cheaper to source from this shop than the US stores soon even before taxes. I think to have an outlet like this in the UK can only be a positive thing! I for one will be pulling the trigger on some F310's very soon for £180 (plus £3.95 for shipping). Selfedge's F310's work out at £160 before any import taxes, from my experience this whacks about 30% extra on top once it gets to customs. Kiosk 78 cheaper every time! Unless you get lucky with customs of course :-)

At Self Edge rarely does anybody get hit with taxes, we mark all packages as a "gift" with an extremely low value declared.

Also, shipping is free worldwide.

At Self Edge rarely does anybody get hit with taxes, we mark all packages as a "gift" with an extremely low value declared.

Also, shipping is free worldwide.

As nice as this sounds, it is not in your hands if somebody gets charged with customs. Even if the package is declared gift and low value, its just a matter of luck if customs checks and opens your package or not. They know that everyone lies on the declaration form. If there is a receipt inside, they will automatically calculate and charge you customs. If not, you are asked to attend there and show them a receipt and a receipt for the payment made. This is at least the situation in Germany and i imagine it is similar in other european countries. The customs free value sadly is very low here. you pay another third of what you already paid.

And let me just say, because you might get away with faking stuff a few times - its not worth it. These people now learn how to use the internet properly, believe me, an investigation and being accused of tax fraud and forgery of documents is no fun.