About Supreme

kent_Choi

Word on the street is that they're going to be printing the new line using this translucent ox blood method that REAS and Kostas came up with and then copyrighted for Supreme. They're gonna use that for tees that are gonna be ALL the Friday the 13th movie posters saying "Supreme" instead of Friday the 13th on them. But they aren't gonna be writing "Supreme" in the Friday the 13th font but rather in the Nightmare on elm st. font!!! Talk about head fuck!!

Then the other buzz is and it may just be a rumor...but hey you walk down the street and you can't help but here the constant whispers so maybe there is some truth to it? But anyway here it is.... What they're saying is that Supreme is gonna bust out a version of thejacket Michael J. Fox wore in Back to the Future 2!!! Yep the one that self drys (not sure if this one will or wont self dry, people on the street seem divided on this one)!!! BUT.. what i'm hearing is that they're putting it out in the Knicks and Lakers color-ways!! HOTTNESS!! BUT, that isn't even the best part!! What i'm hearing is that the first 50 people who buy one will get the chance to also buy a supreme deck modeled after the Hoverdeck in Back to the Future 2!!!! Now of course this one won't hover.. BUT with Supreme you never know!

and the other shit i'm hearing is some dunk or another or someshit.

I don't know man, better head out and start getting in line now!! n'mean??

Well, I'm going to go to NYC late of this month and I plan to visit headporter, stussy and supreme in specific. However, I have heard that you have to spend 2 hours to line up to get into supreme store and there are almost nothing special in the store, is it true? If so, I guess I would not go there since I have limited time to travel to NYC.

yeah you better bring a tent if you want to get into supreme and a comfortable pair of LTD Ed. shoes! It's a madhouse!!

It's gotten so bad that the police just closed off all traffic (except for delivery trucks) on lafayette street in between prince and houston permanetly to accomodate the spill over from the store. SO it's basically one super LTD Edition Block party everyday on that 2 block radius. I think there are even like a dozen or so kids who just basically live there on the street with these big trunks for all their gear cause i never see them anywhere else!

But it isn't that bad, Supreme is really nice and give out free Supreme-Ade to the people waiting patiently to get in if they're thirsty and every friday have a Supreme BBQ while you wait to get in. BTW, the Supreme faux chicken nibblets are the fuckin the bomb and only $3 for 4 of them!! Plus they got some mad secret sauce they use on them that's just sick!!!

I heard from some heads say that there is a secret passage inside the DJ Honda store next to Supreme that leads into the store and if you pay the cats at the DJ Honda store like $100 they'll let you pass through ( I guess it's kinda like that room behind the warriors poster in Ssur). But the wait on line ain't that bad to have to go drop an extra $100 just to get in quicker.. at least that's what i think and i fuckin do the wait like twice a week!! Last week they got Mark Ronson to spin while people waited on line and threw out free LTD Ed. Supreme Bottle cap openers!! shit's are going for $65 on ebay I heard!!

I also heard that the city is pretty fed up with this shit and may force Supreme to declare it's independance from the rest of NYC so that the city doesnt have to waste money on police watching the lines and closing off the street. I heard they would force Supreme to develop their own Supreme Police Task Force to do it's own security and would charge people a tax for every 4 hours they spend on the line. But this is just shit you hear in and around the line that people talk about, kinda like the talk about Supreme Purple Horse Hair Nike Angus. I don't know how much of it true and just speculation... well i think the Purple Horse Hair Nike Angus are true.

Is it worth the wait and is there anything special inside when you finally get in?? Some heads are jaded and like to hate... but I personally just think it's pretty special to just be inside Supreme everytime i do get in!

COUNTDOWN YOU LIL BASTARDS... SUPREME OPENS HERE IN LOS ANGELES EARLY SEPTEMBER. IF YOU CAN'T SKATE DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, WE'LL JUST ASK YOU TO SIMPLY DO ONE KICKFLIP IN THREE TRIES TO PURCHASE YOUR "IT'S MY STREET CRED STARTER KIT": BOX LOGO CAP AND STICKER. LASTLY, MOB AND ROCKET FLIPS DO NOT COUNT.

SHIT IS WACK

Hey Sepia, does your cheerleader outfit got a skirt or is it one of those pants numbers???

let me get it straight... as long as anything survives for a decade it is then impervious to any sort of criticicsm, and we all must except everything they do from then on as genius?? just checking.

Edited by Dolo on Aug 21, 2004 at 07:52 AM

Quote:

Hey Sepia, does your cheerleader outfit got a skirt or is it one of those pants numbers???

let me get it straight... as long as anything survives for a decade it is then impervious to any sort of criticicsm, and we all must except everything they do from then on as genius?? just checking.

Edited by Dolo on Aug 21, 2004 at 07:52 AM

--- Original message by Dolo on Aug 21, 2004 07:51 AM

You said "genius", i didn't. There is critique, and then there is envy/hating. Just because you have an internet connection, doesn't give you a passport to be an asshole. icon_smile_wink.gif

supreme deserves respect for not having sold out during their 10 or so years in the business.

having said that, the collections from the last few years have been amazingly weak. there are so many up-and-coming brands with similar but better designs around so I honestly don't understand all the hoopla around supreme anymore.

Because i've voiced an opinion that some of their newer shit has been weak, or because i decided to poke fun at people who base their lives around Supreme release dates, i'm being envious/or hating on them?? I'm sorry what would be the proper way to show dislike for their past few lines of clothing.. i want to do it with the upmost of respect. take the stick out of your ass... it's a clothing label not your father i'm talking about.

I've bought and have had my closet stocked with more than enough garments with supreme tags to both respect their longevity and to criticize them if i think their product has been very weak recently.

were you this zealous in your support of Stussy when they were producing years of garbage before turning things around... or... oh shit, did i just faux paux by saying Stussy ever made shitty clothing?? Oopsie! :(

Quote:

Because i've voiced an opinion that some of their newer shit has been weak, or because i decided to poke fun at people who base their lives around Supreme release dates, i'm being envious/or hating on them?? I'm sorry what would be the proper way to show dislike for their past few lines of clothing.. i want to do it with the upmost of respect. take the stick out of your ass... it's a clothing label not your father i'm talking about.

I've bought and have had my closet stocked with more than enough garments with supreme tags to both respect their longevity and to criticize them if i think their product has been very weak recently.

were you this zealous in your support of Stussy when they were producing years of garbage before turning things around... or... oh shit, did i just faux paux by saying Stussy ever made shitty clothing?? Oopsie! :(

--- Original message by Dolo on Aug 23, 2004 08:11 AM

I grew up in New York. In 1989, Union was the only store in this city to stock Duffer St George/Stussy. I remember the day that Shawn sold his share of Stussy, and the day they opened on Prince St. They had no competition back then, besides maybe 555 soul on Ludlow St.

If it wasn't for Union, there would be no Alife, Prohibit, Atrium or any of the 400 other tiny boutiques that barely make money now. Like it or not kid, Union set the standard, for NY boutique retail. Thats why they get so much respect here, and none from you, because you're probably 24 or something. Every post you make knocking down labels/brands just reveals how little you know about retail. But hey, does it feel good being too cool for school?icon_smile_8ball.gif

Edited by sepia007 on Aug 26, 2004 at 12:51 AM

Edited by sepia007 on Aug 26, 2004 at 12:52 AM

where and when have i knocked Union or what Union does??? Where the fuck does that even come from?? you have some opinion to voice at least keep it related to the subject!! Who the fuck started talking about Union on here or the NY retail scene and the creation of boutiques in NYC?!?? Is your reading comprehension that suspect?? ALL I KNOCKED was Supreme's latest line of clothing and joked on lining up in front of Supreme. You want to go down memory lane go start your own thread don't somehow create some insane tangent that has nothing to do with what we're arguing over as your new defense. What the fuck does respecting Unions contribution to NY retail have anything to do with Supreme's weak summer line???

Does the stick up your ass have a Supreme box logo on it sepia??

Once again.. How does my criticizing a few current offerings from Supreme create the notion that I know nothing about retail? Because i voiced an opinion on a line that you feel can do no wrong, ever because it's been around for a decade and you know them.... stop dick riding.. you like Supreme? great!! So do I!! But I can tell when they make a busted line and when they bring some heat regardless of the hangtag.

JUST ANSWER THIS QUESTION: Do i have to like everything Suprme makes from now till infinity or forever be deemed a hater?? is that the rule??

Edited by Dolo on Aug 26, 2004 at 07:34 AM

ok, I've gotta say that I've thought that some of what Dolo has said in the past is proverbial shite... but, in this case, as much as I hate to admit it, he does have a point!?! You wanna call him out on something? Then you had best keep it relevant to the topic otherwise he's gonna have one up on you as he does hereicon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_blush.gif...

Quote:

ok, I've gotta say that I've thought that some of what Dolo has said in the past is proverbial shite... but, in this case, as much as I hate to admit it, he does have a point!?! You wanna call him out on something? Then you had best keep it relevant to the topic otherwise he's gonna have one up on you as he does hereicon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_blush.gif...

--- Original message by marksound on Aug 26, 2004 07:09 AM

Point taken. Back to the topic.icon_smile.gif

Hock i don't get it... Do you need a map or instructions for properly crafting a diss?? You seem to get lost halfway through it each time you try.

If you want email me and i'll help you come up with something witty... maybe a catch phrase you can use over and over so that you're not stuck having to strain that head of yours in thinking up new remarks each time!

Quote: Hock i don't get it... Do you need a map or instructions for properly crafting a diss?? You seem to get lost halfway through it each time you try.

a map to your ass? no thanks dodo, the stank off those supreme ass sticks is enough to kill several supreme haters. have fun making the map though, i'm sure someone will take you up on your offer.

Oh snap, oh snap.. son just flipped my typo back in my face like it ain't a thing!! :[

Damn, Hock.. the "Special Ed" comment was burn enough but you didn't have to get all CAPS LOCK on me like that!! That was just kickin' me while I'm down dunny.

I'm so 0WN3D :[

Edited by Dolo on Aug 27, 2004 at 06:37 AM