iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

Those are great photos.

As a few people might knwo, Pollock inspired the character Stan Kowalski in Streetcar Named Desire (Tennessee Williams met him in the early 40s and fancied him)... Marlon Brando was cast by Williams in this role for both play & movie... hence Pollock's role in the iconography of denim is as crucial as they come.

Look out for the Hans Namuth footage of Pollock painting, it's momentous.

well i dont really know , i always thought he was wearing lees in the namuth pics, and because he is wearing lee 101j jacket, and krasner also wears lees. and these look like lees to me.

but maybe he wore both

3263456931_ac2f5f5e72_b.jpg

Ed Harris did an amazing job on that picture, it was his labour of love I read in an article somewhere. When I finally got fast internetz I watched all that old Pollock footage painting outside, as per the movie. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Uhhm? What?
cowboys7sg5.jpg

Dude's got a bigger spare tire than my car (literal reference). Not quite iconic.

But as another question, does anyone else (who's a sz. 35 waist and isn't fat bc you're 6'3" like me) think it's become harder and harder to find a pair of denim that fits slim in the legs yet not too tight (or usually loose) in the waist? All I want is that Monty Clift from Misfits (or Dave Gilmour, see 2 pgs back, or about a dozen others in this thread) type of fit. It's impossible to find.