iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2014 at 4:07 PM, Artisandenim said:

hf7RCWI.png

This is a photo I took of a photo in a pub toilet. Couldn't see who to credit with the original and the landlord didn't have a scooby either. Technically though since I took THIS photo do I credit myself? Sorry, but well.... Anyone wishes to credit on my behalf feel free.

Whatever, I like the picture - don't know if these are local dudes (I somehow doubt it), but the pub is VERY old and on an estuary so it would be nice to think so.

Which part of the world was the pub in? They're wearing clogs and gansey sweaters which marks them out, to me at least, as either welsh or cornish. They might be local to that area if so, and the picture of the ship scratched into the wall indicates that it was near a body of water.

It's amazing how that hotrod jean culture is so similar 50 plus years ago as it is today - maybe dudes today aren't wearing those paperboy hats or sunglass holders, but everything else is being worn today almost exactly. I imagine 100 years from now, it'll still be happening. And the girl in the stripe shirt would look very current in NYC today.

• 2 weeks later...

I always loved Eric Clapton's look with Cream in this BBC live performance. Great fit on his jeans (presumably 66 501s) but the shirt, jacket, and shoes all go together really well. Makes me think that it's possibly to wear loafers in a non-preppy way... and the short but uncuffed look on the jeans is great as well.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 3.05.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 3.05.31 PM.png

25.jpg

creamrsg.jpg

Edited by Cold Summer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 11:05 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

We all know that the debate has raged on for so many years now that we've lost count but I think that finally there is an end in sight to all the sleepless nights and there is at long last definitive proof...

Marlon Brando's jeans in the Wild One were tailored, check out the left cuff...

jeans-marlon-brando.jpg

Picture courtesy of RivetHead.com.

Even more definitive proof of the tailoring...

tumblr_pmhjhvVh591qk2fawo1_540+%25281%25

Looks like the outseam was given some serious pressing as well.