iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

Thanks for the wishes guys. We were with him as he went, and as peaceful as it was, it's not an experience I want to go through again any time soon. 

We were digging around looking for a picture I'd seen before, that musta been from the same trip, when we found this one. As soon as I saw this one, I said don't worry about finding the other one. I think this one is fantastic.

On 9/11/2014 at 4:43 AM, tmadd said:

The other big problem though is that the kind of production that is sought out for repros etc. used to be a standard part of scaled factory production, before "innovation" paved the way for all sorts of cost cutting measures.  Nobody is making Levi's repros at anywhere near the scale Levi's was in the 50's and 60's, and it's honestly pretty remarkable that some of the Japanese companies do it for the prices they do, at the level they do.  

Don't mean to bring up a dead thread of this discussion but I have to add in that I've also wondered for a long time how Japanese brands are able to make their garments at such high quality and relatively low price. 

Also, to find a good denim factory is very difficult. 

• 1 month later...

File this under "aren't we glad jeans that tight aren't a thing any more"? ^^ Just stumbled over this shot of Deep Purple. judging by how fucking young Ian Gillan looks this must've been 1969 / early 1970... even "old man" Jon Lord rocking the ball busters. Oh and props to Ian Paice for that sawtooth shirt.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.9a77d918e30282171f343725d1e08695.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bump a dead thread but somebody had to post a Neal Cassady photo here. I assume one could find a plethora of photos with the beats rocking nice cuffs and fades if one were so inclined

720A8956-E702-4846-B263-D152C620AE85.jpeg

1A4FEF2E-5823-46E0-B5E3-E9A76301DEC0.jpeg

Edited by The Chad
Close up added

• 6 months later...

We all know that the debate has raged on for so many years now that we've lost count but I think that finally there is an end in sight to all the sleepless nights and there is at long last definitive proof...

Marlon Brando's jeans in the Wild One were tailored, check out the left cuff...

jeans-marlon-brando.jpg

Picture courtesy of RivetHead.com.

• 4 weeks later...

Not photo's per say, but some very nice footage of Mick Jagger's Type 1 from the '72 Tour...

The Rolling Stones - Bitch (Live) - Official

I don't think it's L.V.C. :D:D:D

He also rocked a very nice Denim Shirt on that tour, I guess the Type 1 needed a wash every now and then.

The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar (Live) - OFFICIAL