iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

actor slim pickens here still a rodeo clown.

pic is from 1946 so they really wore em tight back then

2919353899_b09ca2ebf2_o.jpg

Here's something that's interesting to think about;

if this was really how some of the jeans were worn those days, how come all the '45 repro's we see have a diaper ass and massive hipflare combined with waistsizes that are near impossible to size down on???

Here's something that's interesting to think about;

if this was really how some of the jeans were worn those days, how come all the '45 repro's we see have a diaper ass and massive hipflare combined with waistsizes that are near impossible to size down on???

The Edwin Lees are historically accurate, I've seen tons of vintage Lees and they're dead on. The SC 45 might have a bigger flare though.

I guess it could indeed be as simple as just the differences between Lee, Levi's and Wrangler fits those days (not to mention the bazillion other brands that were also around...).

Well I actually dont find the old Lees to have a diaper ass, rather they have a high rise and widely space backpockets, and some hipflare, but I think its about the same as Levi's.

If you wear them high and tight theyll look like in that picture. But you're right about sizing; the Edwin Lees are oversized. I have however tried on several pairs of used and washed Edwin Lees that were true to tag size, so I guess they do shrink quite a bit after all.

I guess it could indeed be as simple as just the differences between Lee, Levi's and Wrangler fits those days (not to mention the bazillion other brands that were also around...).

well with 47 501 repro we know from paul that they are no really accurate, so i guess back then one could maybe size em down ( and who knows maybe slim pickens has a big butt:))

about the lee they have a different cut. i have the 42 and 52 and 59 and if one buys the right size then the hip can be tight. here are two pics of lees from the same site from the 1940s

2923466365_6851c30446_o.jpg

2923466375_961b0513e5_o.jpg