Sickeningly cute things thread.

In Kenya, Kamunyak has tried to adopt six times. These adoptions have all been rather unsuccessful. This is because Kamunyak is a lioness who likes to kidnap and adopt oryx calves.

kamunyak.jpg

lioness_oryx.jpg

Kamunyak lived alone, which made her unique among the lions in her territory at the Samburu Reserve. Even though oryx, a species of antelope, is usually lion food, Kamunyak kidnapped her first Oryx in December 2002 and tried to raise him as her own. Initially, she scared off the mother oryx before relenting and allowing the mother oryx to occassionally approach and feed the calf. After feedings, Kamunyak would then chase the mother oryx away.

This did not end well for a number of reasons. For example, oryx are prey animals and constantly eating and often awake. Lions, on the other hand, are rather languid and nocturnal. The lioness became sleep deprived and emaciated in order to keep an eye on her charge.

that's depressing not cute

Well its cute and noble that this lioness is a better and more devoted mother than the trailer trash and ghetto queens I see around here.

And a male lion eventually ate that oryx, the lioness tried to fight him off but she was too weak from hunger. She ended up crying and depressed for days afterwards. :(

n855395164_2820845_9022.jpg

n855395164_2820848_9785.jpg

n855395164_2875020_7771.jpg

i have a beta fish named moose...

of course you all know kennedy:

movetodifffolder167.jpg

and then we have thomas:

DSC_9650.jpg

and then i thought i'd add this too, because it's ridiculous:

epUk3T2Kfno&hl=en&fs=1"

fast forward to 1:15... so damn cute.