ralph lauren selvage

LIVENUDEGIRLS

Quote:

I just got a 32 x 32. I'm normally a 32-33 in the waist I hope they are not too big

--- Original message by LIVENUDEGIRLS on Oct 22, 2005 07:41 PM

I'm normally a 32 as well and these 32s aren't too big at all. Fit perfectly in fact.

Just got my pair of the lowrise bootcut. Although I wear a 31-32 in most jeans (Nudie, PDC, Diesel, etc.), I went for the 29x34 because the waist on most pairs seems to run quite large (although if we're to believe one of the sellers there are some pairs that fit true to size). The waist actually fits me perfectly and the inseam is the perfect length. What really struck me is how slim and lowrise they really are. In fact the thighs are so tight right now that when I sit down, instead of pulling the cuffs up it pulls the waist of the jeans down. They have a much slimmer fit and lower rise than the Nudie RR, and even when compared to my Da'mages.

The denim is definitely too soft to be raw; I'm assuming it's one-wash. They're still almost as dark as my raw denim, though. From the feel I'd guess the weight is about 13 oz. The features are nice: hidden rivets, fell inseam, chainstitched hem, and sky blue selvage. Overall, a good sub-$100 purchase, with a fit that's rather unique in the world of shuttle loom denim.

Just got my pair of the lowrise bootcut yesterday. Even though I wear 31-32 in most jeans (Nudie, PDC, Diesel, etc.), I went with the 29x34 since most pairs seem to run large in the waist (although if we're to believe the seller some of the jeans actually measure as tagged). The waist actually fits me perfectly and the inseam is correct as well. What struck me is how slim and lowrise they really are. In fact, they're so tight in the thighs that when I sit down, instead of pulling up the cuffs it pulls down the waist. They have a much slimmer fit and lower rise than the Nudie RR, and even compared to the Da'mage cut.

The denim is definitely too soft to be raw; I'm assuming it's one-wash. They're almost as dark as my raw denim, though. From the feel I'd guess the weight is 13 oz. The features are nice: hidden rivets, fell inseam, chainstitched hem, and sky blue selvage. Overall, a nice sub-$100 purchase, with a relatively unique fit in the world of shuttle loom denim.

Quote:

i don't get it...

are you guys just buying ANYTHING that's selvage???

i mean, just because it's selvage doesn't mean:

1. it looks good

2. is made well

3. it's going to age well

jesus, what's next?

old navy selvage?

-k

--- Original message by kiya on Oct 18, 2005 02:25 PM

well obviosuly you dont get it

this is a board that favors good jeans

just because a jean is selvage does not mean it is a good jean and we thoroughly understand that

however many selvge jeans are incredibly nice, well constructed, perfectly dyed jeans

while many arent. there are enough of the extrememly nice selvage jeans to add a positive connotation to the word, selvage

there are many other non selvage jeans that we discuss as well

levis premium

Levis STF

Diesel (mainly the kratt, which has a selvage version but the non selvage is prefectly fine as well)

Altier De Laurence (sp?) - a very ncie jean, crazy stitching though

chwa?

I'm not so sure about the errors. I think that there's a lot of variation in the waist sizes so going by the tag if virtually useless.

Note that there are two different styles being discussed in this thread, the slim bootcut and the lowrise bootcut. Obviously the measured sizes on the lowrise are going to be a bit bigger than the tag size because of where they sit on the hips. You'd think that the slim's would be truer to size, but that doesn't seem to be the case with every pair.

On the two pairs that I've received, the 32's measured out at 16.75" flat and the 34's measured out at 17.75" flat. For what that's worth...

Savage

P.S. If anyone is interested in the 34x34 pair, please let me know today or early tomorrow. If I don't hear from anyone on the board, I'll be taking advantage of the return policy. Thanks.

thanks, Yeah those don't seem oversized at all... They look good. I think that RRL leather tag will look good once its nice and worn

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote:

just got my pair of the slim bootcuts today... They are a little narrow around the hips. Anyone know if these will strech out at all?

--- Original message by LIVENUDEGIRLS on Nov 14, 2005 01:02 PM

I've got the RRL slim bootcuts and they've stretched a good amount around the hips, so you should be in pretty good shape.

• 2 weeks later...

just posted this on styleforum

I purchased from FashionFuzz. They were tagged 32x32

I fluctuate between a 32-33 waist and these stretched out nicely to around a 34inch waist

Here are the rest of the measurements

9.75 inch front rise

a much longer 16 inch rise in the back

13 inches across the thigh right underneath the crotch

8 1/2 inches at the knee

9 inch leg opening

I would reccomend buying true to size or you could even go one size down imo.

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

Quote:

The girl who designed the RRL Bootcut jeans is the same designer for 5EP. The fit is nearly identical to the Low down boot jean, and many of the details (pocket shape, coin pocket shape, bottom hem, thread coloring) are stylistically identical to 5EP.

You can be quite sure that these are very nice jeans.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Nov 14, 2005 02:06 PM

but the RRL's are a lower rise, right?

Just ordered a pair with a 31 waist, i'm a 32 regularly so hopefully these work out alright. I'll keep you updated. My wallet has shrunk a considerable ammount since my recent immersion in denim due to the time spent on this forum. Thank you all, i am now broke. haha