ralph lauren selvage

LIVENUDEGIRLS

i got a pair off of ebay for like 10 bucks. then i realized i cant fit into them theyre size 28, im 29.

fit is pretty slim, id say slightly slimmer than similarly sized 501s. quality is pretty good, no fancy back pocket stitching.

sorry thats all i really can say about them..

not sure if this helps, but I bought a pair of the slim bootcut, raw denim online from polo.com several weeks ago. I'm a 34 and I got 34 and they were about 1-2 inches too big. When I tried them on the fit was a distinct hour glass shape, proportionately wide waist, tight thighs, and then wide lower legs, not too much of a flare, but definitely not straight. Overall, I was very imporessed by the denim, they looked very well made, great construction and a really nice dark indigo. Only problem was the sizing, had to return them, tried to get a 32 but they didn't have any, and so was left empty handed . . still looking for a 32x34.

Quote:

not sure if this helps, but I bought a pair of the slim bootcut, raw denim online from polo.com several weeks ago. I'm a 34 and I got 34 and they were about 1-2 inches too big. When I tried them on the fit was a distinct hour glass shape, proportionately wide waist, tight thighs, and then wide lower legs, not too much of a flare, but definitely not straight. Overall, I was very imporessed by the denim, they looked very well made, great construction and a really nice dark indigo. Only problem was the sizing, had to return them, tried to get a 32 but they didn't have any, and so was left empty handed . . still looking for a 32x34.

--- Original message by the black arm on Oct 14, 2005 09:16 PM

great info, how slim are they? are they as slim as skinners?

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

haven't tried the skinner so can't compare, but for the slim bootcut pair I had the only part that fit well was from the thighs through the knees, the waist was way too wide/loose. I imagine that if I had bought the 32 waist the mid-part of the jeans would fit fairly tight, which works out great for wear marks and whiskering.

didn't mean to discourage you :) . . . my experience was with just one pair, and we all know the variance in denim (and clothing) sizing. Thats the downside of online ordering, if I had a chance to try on another 34 who knows they'd probably fit . . .and also the waist on the ones I had was doable with a belt, its just that I prefer a tight fit . . . plus they are going to shrink a bit after the first wash.

Got mine in today (RRL Slim Bootcut). Tried them on and they are plenty snug. Would probably stretch out to be ok, but they are just a tad too short. Guess I really needed the 32x34's or 33x34's.

If anyone is interested in this pair, let me know. The actual flat waist measurement is 16.75" and the inseam is around 31.75 to 32.

I really hope to find some that fit b/c the denim is super-nice. I like the cut as well.

Savage

Quote:

Got mine in today (RRL Slim Bootcut). Tried them on and they are plenty snug. Would probably stretch out to be ok, but they are just a tad too short. Guess I really needed the 32x34's or 33x34's.

If anyone is interested in this pair, let me know. The actual flat waist measurement is 16.75" and the inseam is around 31.75 to 32.

I really hope to find some that fit b/c the denim is super-nice. I like the cut as well.

Savage

--- Original message by savage_here on Oct 17, 2005 12:37 PM

Do you have any pictures? I may be interested. Email me at [email protected]

Would any of you guys be able to compare the fit of these jeans to the fit of a skinner? My main concern is that I don't want them to be too tight in the thigh. I'm a natural 32-33 and get a 34 in skinners to compensate... Should I do the same with these?

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

darknworn- They are sanforized. I'm not sure about the shrinkage since I'm going to have to get a diff. size and haven't washed these. As far as the waist goes, these were about dead-on. I would gather from some other responses that there is some variation in that regard from pair to pair.

Live- they're pretty snug in the thigh, but I'm assuming they'll stretch a bit. I'm not sure about sizing up on the waist since that will stretch as well. Hopefully somebody else can provide a skinner comparison for you.

Savage

thanks savage...

i'm so tempted to pick up a pair on ebay, but it seems like the sizing are everywhere...

there's a guy selling a pair of 31 bootcut with 36" waist measurement...wtf???

don't want to see APC round two again!

btw, i've just called the seller with a bunch of RRL listed on ebay. he's a nice guy. he went through a bunch of these jeans and the measurements are everywhere. he'll measure them again and list the info in his listings in the next day or two.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Edited by darknworn on Oct 18, 2005 at 01:54 PM

i don't get it...

are you guys just buying ANYTHING that's selvage???

i mean, just because it's selvage doesn't mean:

1. it looks good

2. is made well

3. it's going to age well

jesus, what's next?

old navy selvage?

-k

kiya, no offense but these jeans aren't abercrombie and fitch specials . . . if you read the previous postings these jeans ARE really well made first of all, and they have a very decent bootcut cut, for those that like that fit. the construction and stitching is remarkable, if I remeber correctly they are actually made in japan (which usually means good for denim) made of fairly heavy (I want to say 14+oz.) japanese selvedge denim AND the pricing is ridiculously low for the quality, cut and material . . . most likely because RL Polo stores didn't know how to sell them (my guess).

this previous post has very decet pictures . . . http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=4425

Edited by the black arm on Oct 18, 2005 at 02:44 PM

Got my second pair in yesterday; the inseam is correct now, but they are too big. If anyone needs a 17.75" flat waist measurement let me know. These are back up for sale, but I'll hold off putting them on Ebay until I give the board first crack.

Sure wish I could find a pair that fit, because the cut, fabric, etc. is excellent.

Savage