Suspenders - who rocks them?

Paul T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
If you can't get a pro to do it for you, it's pretty easy to do on your own. You need a hammer and a sharp skewer.

The buttons come in two parts, the wider, female part that ends up on the outside of the waistband and the narrower male part that end up on the inside. Make a hole in the waistband where you want the button, then pass the male part of the button through. Then, balance the female part on top (you may find it difficult to get the female bit to balance, in which case use a matchstick or two to keep it in place). Next, give it a good smack with your hammer. Hey presto!

I got myself a pair of NDG rancher jeans (from SS08) recently. They have suspender buttons, however the ones on the back are far apart. So, I need some braces like these to hold 'em up (note the back button connectors on these are not joined together):

Any idea where I could pick some up, in London or NY? Cheers.

I hear you brother! <_< haha

what do people think about adding suspender buttons? i might on my left field chinos, make em more vintage. also, mf suspenders look great!

Well, I've taken the plunge. I'm wearing these about the house to try and get... acclimatised.

suspender1.jpgsuspender2x.jpg

these are ex-MOD braces, good neutral color and hardware and ridiculously cheap - £3.80 including postage from this seller , whom I'd definitely recommend. THese come in four lengths - for use with jeans you need to specify the largest size, 110cm

4645421902_e2f3bdb018_o.jpg

Sewed these on myself. Chunky bakelite looking buttons with embroidery floss. I took the floss through each button several times.

I lost one button last year and had to replace but, but the others have all held up well.

"...Old-timey dung's and button on braces

Frankenstein boots and confused public faces

These are a few of my favorite things..."

Boppin' around the foothills of Snoqualmie Pass is almost like being in the Alps.

• 2 weeks later...

THis is life on the frontier. Of course, in the 1900s it's the job of mrs t to do the sweeping and cooking but she wasn't as faithful to the period as me. Also she was armed with a heavy cast iron frying pan and even though I had a poker to brandish feared I might come off worse.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...