2009 Fullcount Contest thread

The time has come to choose...  

133 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to choose...

• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

This sounds like a very interesting contest. The only thing I am concerned about would be finding the available numbers need for whatever jeans selected as well as accessability for getting the jeans shipped. Maybe Ed could discuss something with Take5, he might be able to sway something maybe?? I would be in for this as I don't wanna miss out on another one of these. I vote for Sugar Cane really interested in seeing the possiblilties.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A '47 cut comes the closest to what I mean by regular and is what I had in mind when I started the thread. The '47 cut is copied by a lot of companies but has never been contested or passed around by board members.

Sugar Cane's '47 cut is very comfortable but the length only comes in a 34. I think that might be a problem for any of the tall guys that may want to participate. We could see what other companies have a '47 cut available (not modern '47 mind you) in a longer inseam that might work for taller guys. Sugar Cane '47s are $217 through BiG who may be able to special order all the sizes we need. Vari has them for $125 before shipping, take Paypal, and will discount the price on the shipping label so you don't have to pay customs fees. I'm not sure if they can special order but I could e-mail them and ask.

Should I add a poll to see what cut people want and go from there?

yeah those are good 47 cut is pretty nice very flexible if you wanna size down its ok too

dont do a poll yet DP lets wait for more suggestions and the brand

definitely down ... not for the sc47s tho i still got a pair thats just beginning to really show. shizzz

I have a brand new pair and pair that i've worn since January 2007. I wouldn't be opposed to another pair but I'll look for a '47 cut from another brand.

theres ton of them almost all brand shave a 47 cut theyre just disguised with their model name

If you have a good grasp on this, bring some suggestions forward. You do have quite the exposure to many a brand. Fair enough that the SC 47's might be too short for everyone, I forgot to keep that in consideration, I just want them I guess.

relaxed fit sammies? id be very down for this contest

this is going to be impossible with all the slim haoppy fitting jeans on hype here..i wish for a regular cut sammy

How about Bootleggers(601xx)? Anyone has information on this brand? I was browsing Lighting mag and was really impressed by the fit pics. If Im not mistaken, Gordon was wearing those aswell on his "denim master" pic ( cant really read kanji, so I might be wrong). Other nice brands could be Sugar Cane, Real Mccoys, Warehouse, F.O.B etc..

Size Waist Outseam Thigh Inseam Knee Hem

29 80 100 30 88.5 26.5 20.5

30 84 103 31 90 27 21.5

31 86 106 31 91 28.5 21.5

32 88 109 31 91 29 22

33 90 112 31.5 91 29 22

34 92 105 32 91 29 22

36 97 118 33 90 31.5 23

That's everything in centimeters because I don't have the time right to translate it all into inches.

The descriptions keep calling this jean tight and/or slender. Doesn't really seem like what we're going for.

The descriptions keep calling this jean tight and/or slender. Doesn't really seem like what we're going for.

when I got my S613XH, I was told by the guy at the store that the S614 is slightly slimmer than the S613. The S613 cut might be a little more of what you guys are looking for.

sorry, I don't have anything I know for sure is a '47 cut. I took a look at the Indigo Denim Master and it says that the S614 is the slim model in the Real McCoy's line up. It describes the S613 as "a bit on the relaxed side". The S613XH is the heavier model with 14.75oz. The S613A is the WWII model. S611 is a very full leg, relaxed model.

Another thing is I think I should mention is that, I think The Real McCoy only offers waist sizes up to 36in.

I'm sure the contest will start pretty soon after the Warehouse one ends so we can have more people participate.

We still need to nail down a pair of jeans though.

What does everyone think about doing a Lee contest? The jeans that i've been looking are sanforized and come in a 36-37inch inseam.

What about the '59 model;

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/three-eight/lee19101-89/